A formula I typed for units that outnumber others. Cray please read.

Pages: 1
NewPharoah
10/23/06 02:27 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
This formula is more accurate than that formula I posted on LordsoftheBattlefield.com as a reply to that topic to "Initiative Question".
http://www.lordsofthebattlefield.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25369&highlight=number

You'll notice that each of the formulas apparently only are for two sides though I would like and prefer that changed. You could probably use a spreadsheet for either formula.

What I recommend in regards to initiative formula for now is this:
Total the number of units on the greater number of units side - this total equals g.
Total the number of units on the lesser number of units side - this total equals l.
Take g minus l - that difference equals d, and add to d all intiative penalty & bonus modifiers for the greater number of units side has - that sum equals e, then multiply e by 0.1 - that equals p, then add 1 to p which equals s.
Now multiply s by each of the greater number of units' BVs.

For the lesser number of units side's initiative BVs simply total all initiative penalty & bonus modifiers for those units and then multiply that total by 0.1 - that equals v, and then add 1 to v to get y, and finally mutliply y by each of the lesser number of units' BVs.

Now move units one side at a time.
Any rules I type should be considered unofficial unless stated otherwise by Precentor Martial Randall Bills and/or published Classic BattleTech products.

Edited by NeoPharoah (10/23/06 02:35 PM)
Greyslayer
10/23/06 06:09 PM

Why make the initiative phase anymore difficult than it already is. Some of those guys on that thread are completely oblivious to how initiative is run in its 'simple' form.
NewPharoah
10/24/06 01:40 PM

Winning the initiative can make a big difference in a game. Since my Utility Command LAAM has satellite uplink & command console (which my wife, Sailor Venus uses) which combined provide a +4 initiative bonus along with that special ability of leaving 4 units off the map for a +4 initiative bonus and having at least one BAPC^3 Drone VTOL flying around the map giving a +1 initiative bonus, I can have a +9 initiative bonus total. So if I roll a 2 or 12, then I can get an 11 or 21 respectively for initiative.
Any rules I type should be considered unofficial unless stated otherwise by Precentor Martial Randall Bills and/or published Classic BattleTech products.
Greyslayer
10/24/06 09:19 PM

Cool.... my army of poor pilots in hovercraft force all your units to move first by deliberately skidding.... play cheese find someone ready to munch on it.
Toontje
10/25/06 04:07 PM

+9?

Wob found some nice thing for such a situation, find the end of the Dropship Irregulars. No need for initiative in that case.
Rather to blow up, then.
NewPharoah
12/04/06 12:05 PM

I forgot to mention: total all the greater number of unit BVs after they've each been multiplied by s, and total all of the lesser number of units' BVs after they've each been multiplied by y. Now use both totals to determine whether or not you want equal BV totals.
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 212 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6307

Contact Admins Sarna.net