Maximum Speed: 64.8 kph
Armour: Marius Cuirasse
Armament:
3 Large Lasers
3 Medium lasers
Communications System: KLM Bethor-2X
Targeting and Tracking System: Knight Hunter Mark II
Primary Manufacturer: Marian Hegemony
Primary Factory: Unknown (to me, at least)

OVERVIEW

Named after the extraordinary Roman Imperator who was twice (or maybe it was 3 times, I forget) decorated by his troops with the Grass Crown, the new Marius is intended to showcase the might and honour of the Marian Hegemony. Like its smaller sibling ( the Decurion), the Marius is equipped with cast-off equipment from the Successor States.

CAPABILITIES

The fact that it has been created from second-hand equipment makes the Marius no less potent on the battlefield. Equipped with a trio of both Large and Medium Lasers, the Marius boasts considerable firepower no matter the range. With its massive coolant system, the Marius can utilise either all of its Large Lasers at once, or all of its Medium Lasers and a single Large Laser, resulting in a volley of fire that few Periphery 'Mechs can withstand.

The Marius also boasts full armour for its size, a necessity given the expense of repairing internal damage for the Hegemony.

With its incredible survivability and firepower, the Marius is sure to be a favourite for Hegemony pilots in the years to come.

VARIANTS

The Hegemony is also trialling a variant which uses Double Heat Sinks. Because fo the efficiency of the newer ‘Freezers’, the 'Mech is also equipped with an extra pair of Medium Lasers. With such a devastating amount of firepower-and the heat sink capacity to use the bulk of its weaponry on a continous basis, the 'Mech is having a field day in its trial runs. Since it costs only 300,000 C-Bills more to manufacture than the Standard heat sink model, the Hegemony may yet abandon their current version in favour of this machine.

DEPLOYMENT

First ‘dibs’ on the new Marius are going to regimental commanders and the Hegemony’s most elite MechWarriors.

MY BLURB

Originally born as my variant of the Marauder, this 'Mech has been lurking in the depths of my computer’s hard drive for a very long time now.

After FASA abandoned the ‘Unseen’, we were not supposed to know that they existed (shh! The Thought Police will hear!), so I had to find another (flimsy) excuse to use it.

Extensive field testing against all 3025 Unseen progenitor models showed that the 'Mech could certainly kick @rse. In one trial, I killed off an Orion with this baby; in another, an Awesome went down as well.

Range suffered a bit with the removal of the PPCs, and it does less damage at long range since I removed the Auto Cannon. However, thanks to the extra Medium Laser(s), it can do better total damage than the Marauder.

It can stand up to any 3025 'Mech, and the level 2 version can take on any other Level 2 design without too much worry.

Enjoy.

MASS BREAKDOWNS

MRU-MH

Engine: 19
Gyro: 3
Cockpit: 3
Internal Structure: 7.5
Armour: 14.5
10 Additional Double Heat Sinks: 10
3 Large Lasers: 15
3 Medium Lasers: 3

MRU-MH2

Engine: 19
Gyro: 3
Cockpit: 3
Internal; Structure: 7.5
Armour: 14.5
8 Additional Double Heat Sinks: 8
3 Large Lasers: 15
5 Medium Lasers: 5

ARMOUR DISTRIBUTION

Head: 9
Centre Torso: 35/11
Side Torsos: 24/8
Arms: 28
Legs: 32

LOCATIONS

MRU-MH

1 Large Laser, 1 Medium Laser- Each Arm
2 Heat Sinks- Each Leg, Each Side Torso
Medium Laser- Head
Large Laser- Centre Torso

MRU-MH2

1 Large Laser, 1 Medium Laser- Each Arm
3 Double Heat Sinks, 1 Medium Laser- Each Side Torso
1 Medium Laser- Head
1 Large Laser- Centre Torso

COST ANALYSIS

MRU-MH

At 1,208 BV and 6,391,000 C-Bills, the Marius is cheaper to manufacture than the original Marauder and more lethal in the field.

MRU-MH2

At 1,453 BV and 6,685,000 C-Bills, this 'Mech’s cost is very similar to that of the original Marauder (which cost 6,635,125 C-Bills) but will almost assuredly beat it into the ground.

Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Karagin
12/06/01 06:06 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Nice mech...Unseen are still around, the artwork was lost...the stats are still game legal and in fact I try to use one or more everytime I play outside of my group.

Back to the mech, the idea of using older parts to make new mechs is a good one and one that I think FRR should be following, that and buying older designs on the cheap...
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Nightward
12/06/01 06:21 PM

The idea was given to me by the DCMS Field Manual, where the Akuma's ER PPC came from the batch that Panther pilots did not want. The idea was expanded on in the Watchman and Sentry designs, so I had a go myself.

The FRR does not particularly need to buy weapons on the cheap. The Com Guards and DCMS are suplying them with 'Mechs and spare parts. Besides, with so many of their training centres taken by the Wolves, they lack the manpower to pilot their newer 'Mechs.

The other thing that has bugged me is what the Successor States did with designs they replaced. Eg, the Rifleman with the JagerMech. I know trhe Unseen are just supposed to have 'Disappeared' but the point is still there. Are there planetary militia equipped with regiments of old 'Mechs? Were they sold on the cheap to House-friendly Merc units? Or were they just broken down for spare parts and scrap?
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Karagin
12/25/06 01:54 AM

Cool. I like the fact that you took what is given as canon fact via the fluff, and used it to help you make a mech.

More of that needs to be done by others, including the PTB.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 148 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5078

Contact Admins Sarna.net