ECM on vehicles

Pages: 1
Karagin
01/02/07 11:11 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
How many folks have used or do use ECM on their vehicles?

What types of vehicles do you use to carry the ECM?
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
strife
01/06/07 02:34 PM

Sometimes I use ECM on heavier MBT types. It compliments a AMS, which I gotta put on any vehicle that has the tonnage and fits the design. I hate when some stray SRM/2 annilates my 90ton MBT.
High-tonnage vehicles need alot of armor and defensive/ EW crap to make them competitive with battlemechs of simuler tonnage, unless its a cheap-crap ICE tank, then well, they get exploded.

ECM works good with close-combat types too, if your enemy's got a C3.
"caliber fifty JUSTICE!"
Karagin
12/26/10 12:12 AM

Yes I know a three year old topic...but hey it could be an interesting one...maybe.
Karagin

CrayModerator
12/26/10 10:09 AM

Quote:

How many folks have used or do use ECM on their vehicles?

Most of the vehicles I've used lately have been fairly light and low tech, so they skip ECM for "roleplaying reasons." I've designed bigger MBTs with ECM, but haven't tried it. OTOH, I fit in ECM on most BattleMechs and ASFs. This is kind of odd for me, since I'm a strong advocate of ECM and don't leave it off vehicles intentionally.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Karagin
12/26/10 12:11 PM

Do you find it more useful against the newer stuff or the older pre-MaxTech book items?
Karagin

CrayModerator
12/27/10 11:37 AM

Quote:

Do you find it more useful against the newer stuff or the older pre-MaxTech book items?

I find it useful against Clans and post-3060 Inner Sphere units. It can't deal with Streaks or targeting computers, but it nullifies a lot of other advanced gizmos (shutting down a C3 network can make it work its weight in gold) and helps mask units.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 82 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6994

Contact Admins Sarna.net