AMS Ammo(12) LL, 1 1.00
MGun Ammo(100) RL, 1 0.50
G. Rifle Ammo(16) LA, 2 2.00
LRM-15 Ammo(16) RT, 2 2.00
Jump Jet, RT, 1 2.00
Jump Jet, LT, 1 2.00
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overveiw:
Shortly after the Fed Com Civial war a young Company Emirged and Introduced a Mech at Tancred Sandoval and Yvonne's Steiner-Davions Wedding to Honor There marriage. though using Standerd tech it was Impressive. by just the look Inspired aw upon the Crowds. To say the Least Tacred was Impressed by this Suprise. the mech was Colored in a Pure Pearl, Stangely the Color of Yvonne's Brids Mates Dress's.
Capabilities:
The King Cobra was to be a Pure and Simple Frontline Assault mech. With weapons to fill every range make this truly a deadly design. Most of it's long range firepower comes from the Poland Model A Gauss Rifle the Holly Long range Missile Rack is mainly a support weapon to the Gauss rifle. A AMS was added to the Left Legs Hip to help it from Missle Attacks and a Linbland Machine Gun helps againts Infantry Attacks, the Sutel Large Pulse Laser along with the Cyclops Large Laser Are Exellent Medium Range Weapons with two Intek Medium lasers supporting them.
Deployment:
So far only 5 Have been Produced One on New Avalon. the Second one was sent to Victor Steiner-Davion as a "Hero's"Reward, the Third and fourth Being sent to the Kell hounds Because they Fought Valaintly. And the Fifth sent to Allard-Liao For outstanding Bravery. Never observed in battle yet But with the Tukyyid truce over with it might see Action soon enough.

I think this is an Awsome mech. what do you think?

http://2845.mechnex.net
The Cybrids are coming, will you be ready?
Karagin
01/18/03 10:35 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I would drop the Lg. pulse laser and go with some other weapons...like medium lasers...and another jump jet.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Optimus_Prime
01/18/03 10:40 PM

Bah dont like JJ all that much but im Sort of Not Comfy with the Large Pulse either was thinking of another Large Laser or a PPC. But im happy with the Over all Design. NOTE: Large Lasers of any sort are a Trade mark of mine(on my Designs that is)

Nightward
01/19/03 06:01 AM

Where is the PPC? The Light Autocannon? The Mortars, and Rocket Launchers? And why does it Jump? Nooo....

Of course, if you don't play Heavy Gear, the above will just seem like incoherent ramblings...but then again, there's nothing too unusual there, either

I'm not sold on the Machine Gun. As others have noted, you'd do better with an additional Jump Jet, or perhaps even trade it in for ECM gear with some armour.

The Large Pulse/Large Laser combo is somewhat unusual, especially paired with the LRM and Gauss. Personally, I'd be inclined to drop one of the Large Lasers and go for a Standard Engine. Assualt 'Mechs don't move fast enough for an XL to be a worthwhile investment most of the time, but there are exceptions, like the Charger. However, a 3/5/2 mover, even one as heavy and heavily armoured as this, is just screaming "I GENERATE A +2 MODIFIER AT BEST! SHOOT ME! SHOOT ME!", and adding the Xl makes it soooo very much more tempting.

As more modern designs are using Artemis or TAG for fire-direction, the use of an ECM suite rather than the AMS as an anti-missile defence is rapidly gaining popularity. I am not completely sold on this, but as ECM can also disrupt the rapidly-propogating C3 networks and Active Probes as well, I am slowly becoming a convert. Because of the IS's limited ammunition per ton, this might be a viable option in your case.

Finally, *USE ARTEMIS*. (Speaks in a God on Zion voice) "And lo, there shalt be an Eleventh Commandment: If thou wouldst use an LRM Rack of a Size Greater Than Ten, Thou Shalt Spend An Extra Ton On Artemis!" Effectively, an Artemis system moves your average strike rate up to the next-size rack; an Artemised LRM-15 averages as many hits per salvo as an unenhanced LRM-20.

All in all, not how I would have done it, but a very interesting 'Mech. As an aside, hoow many BVs and C-Bills is it worth?

In any case, welcome to the board.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Karagin
01/19/03 12:31 PM

You raise some good points, a friend of mine goes all out if he can, AMS, ECM and BAP as well as Artimes for the LRMs and Streak SRMs, he use to use Artimes for the SRM4 and SRM6, but once the Streak versions came out he stopped that.

Karagin

Nightward
01/19/03 04:45 PM

Yeah. Especially with Clan tech, it's much more efficient to load a Streak variant instead of a standard SRM (SRM-2, 0.5 Tons; Streak 1 Ton; SRM-4 1 Ton, Streak 2 Tons, SRM-6 1.5 Tons, STreack 3 Tons) than it is to mount Artemis on the thing. And with the lightnes of LRM launchers, it's a waste of 1 ton to *NOT* mount Artemis for it.

Inner Sphere stuff is a bit different, though. I still advocate the use of Artemis on LRMs, but sometimes it is almost better to take Artemis than a Streak SRM launcher, or, given the usefullness of Infernoes against IS targets, just to take a Standard SRM. I know I do, especially when I expect to face Stealth opponents.

"Oho, eh? Mister I've Got My Stealth Armour Engaged? Eat Infernoes! AHAHAHA! +16 heat per turn for keeping it engaged!"

Mmmm...toasty.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
NathanKell
01/19/03 04:49 PM

Why take cArtemis when you can just take another cLRM-5? ECM won't counteract it, and you can do IDF with it.
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
KamikazeJohnson
01/20/03 12:51 AM

>>Why take cArtemis when you can just take another cLRM-5?<<

Ammo + Heat considerations, if nothing else. Whichever solution fits the balance best.
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
Optimus_Prime
01/20/03 03:59 AM

ok i Reinvented it and came out with this:

KING COBRA

Tech level: Innersphere Level 2
Mass: 95 tons
Chassis: Starsiege Standred type K
Power Plant: 380 XL
Cruising Speed: 45.5 kph
Maximum Speed: 67.8 kph
Jump Jets: None
Jump Capacity: None
Armor: Starsiege Standred type C
Armament:
2 Cyclops Eye Large Lasers
2 Intek Medium Lasers
1 Poland Model A Gauss Rifle
1 LFN Linblad Machine Gun
1 Holly LRM-15 Rack
1 Starsiege Gaurdain ECM
1 Artemis IV Suite
Manufacturer: Starsiege Interplantary
Primary Factory: New Avalon
Communications System: Garret T20-G
Targeting and Tracking System: Wasat Agressor type 6

Stat's (TONS)
Internal Structure: 4.75 Endosteel
Engine: 380XL 20.50
Walking MP: 4
Running MP: 6
Jumping MP: 0
Heatsinks: 13[26] 6.00
Gyro: 3.00
Cockpit: 3.00
-----------------------------------------
Armor Factor: 288 18.00
Head 3, 9
CenterT 30, 45
CenterT(R) 14
R/L Torso 20, 32
R/L Torso(R) 8
R/L Arm 16, 32
R/L Leg 20, 38
Type, Location, Crits, Tons
Large Laser, RA, 2, 5.00
Large Laser, CT, 2, 5.00
Medium Laser(2), LT, 2, 2.00
Gauss Rifle, LA, 7 15.00
Machine Gun, RL, 1 0.50
Guardian ECM, LL, 2, 1.50
LRM-15, RT, 3 7.00
--------------------------------------------------
MGun Ammo(100) RL, 1 0.50
G. Rifle Ammo(16) LA, 2 2.00
LRM-15 Ammo(16) RT, 2 2.00
Artemis IV, RT, 1, 1.00

Overveiw:
Shortly after the Fed Com Civial war a young Company Emirged and Introduced a Mech at Tancred Sandoval and Yvonne's Steiner-Davions Wedding to Honor There marriage. though using Standerd tech it was Impressive. by just the look Inspired aw upon the Crowds. To say the Least Tacred was Impressed by this Suprise. the mech was Colored in a Pure Pearl, Stangely the Color of Yvonne's Brids Mates Dress's.
Capabilities:
The King Cobra was to be a Pure and Simple Frontline Assault mech. With weapons to fill every range make this truly a deadly design. Most of it's long range firepower comes from the Poland Model A Gauss Rifle the Holly Long range Missile Rack is mainly a support weapon to the Gauss rifle. A Gaurdian ECM was added to the Left Legs Hip to help it from Escape Messy Situations,strangely ECM looks like a Silver Disc on the Left hip which again stragley can be Detaged and Thrown or Because of its Extra armor Casing used as a Melee weapon. The Linbland Machine Gun looks Uniqe on the Right hip, on the tip of the Barrels theres a Casing to Protect it, And once again in a Strange Event the Machine gun can Be Completly Removed from the Hip and used a Foot weapon. And Finalliy the two Cyclops Large Lasers Are Exellent Medium Range Weapons with two Intek Medium lasers supporting them.
Deployment:
So far only 5 Have been Produced One on New Avalon. the Second one was sent to Victor Steiner-Davion as a "Hero's"Reward, the Third and fourth Being sent to the Kell hounds Because they Fought Valaintly. And the Fifth sent to Allard-Liao For outstanding Bravery. Never observed in battle yet But with the Tukyyid truce over with it might see Action soon enough.

Oh and i dont have the Board game so im just geussing wahts good and whats not .Oh and Nightward my King cobra has JJ's in HG2(no i dont have HG )And no i did not get it from HG2 either. i got it from the Car. or should i say the 1971 Ford King Cobra Mustang (my dad had one but sold it )

Nightward
01/20/03 11:40 PM

Still not sold on the XL, but now as a 4/6 mover it may threaten its opponents enough to keep them away from the vulnerable torsos. The ECM is also a nice touch.

By the way, when we make comments on your designs, we're not saying "DO IT OUR WAY!", we're just saying how we would have done it if we were building it. The designs are totally up to you, so don't feel railroaded or anything.
Optimus_Prime
01/21/03 03:23 AM

Really you guys did'nt "Railroad"me. matter in fact i test my Design in MW3 to see if they can take on at least 4 Fireflys at a Time. Because i know piloting one and Commanding on is WAY different. And besides you guy's got my Mind thinking on the ECM being a Weapon To bad it couldent inn the Board game or im i Mistaken?

Karagin
01/21/03 11:10 AM

It can be used as a weapon per say in the board game..since it does affect things C3 systems and given how that has become the cornerstone of the both the Combine and ComStar not to menation WoB, ECM has it's uses in the board game.

Also with a lot of the home rules out there for ECM, it can be a very deadly item to have.
Karagin

NathanKell
01/21/03 01:43 PM

Sadly, testing it in MW3 gives almost no idea of what it's like in the board game. {wish somebody would fix MW3...}
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
Optimus_Prime
01/21/03 10:45 PM

ok a Question i have here, well make that two........is there such thing as a Angel ECM and were can i get my Hands on a Free Mech editor that go's all the way to Tech 3?

Karagin
01/21/03 10:52 PM

There is something called Angel ECM, it's comes in two flavors by this I mean rule sets, one is from the old Tactical Handbook, it let's you jam Targeting Computers with that version of Angel and then the Max Tech version of Angel doesn't let you jam TCs but BOTH rule sets allow you to jam Active Probes.

The Drawing Board has all level 1 and 2 and 3 tech up to the Rocket Launchers found in the Periphery FM...and it's free, there should be a down load for it here on Sarna, check the main page under downloads.

Also the old but decent program called MechWorks has level 1 and 2 tech and all the stuff from the Tactical Handbook, but that is it, but it's free as well and does a decent job of making mechs.

Hope this helps.
Karagin

Optimus_Prime
01/21/03 10:56 PM

I have mechworks and thats it you see. So thats why i asked because i want to see whats Level 3 has . so thank you for the help

Optimus_Prime
01/21/03 11:13 PM

ok another Qestion.......Were can else can i get the Drawing Board? Because i cant Download it from Sarna

NathanKell
01/21/03 11:26 PM

Pryde Rock Industries. Grab the latest TDB installable, then the patch, then the new weapons file that includes RLs.
Thomas Jefferson
Karagin
10/23/05 12:32 AM

So did you every redo this one?
Karagin

Karagin
01/03/07 10:00 AM

YOu could also buy HMPro...
Karagin

Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 126 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 9727

Contact Admins Sarna.net