Ejercito Heavy Tank

Pages: 1
strife
01/06/07 03:48 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Here's something I've been working on for a while, the concept being a all-purpose, inexpensive vehicle. that cost-effective. Most cheap vehicles are designed poorly (bulldog tank) or are just cheap crap (Po tank) I thought a good, just in the heavy class tank would be a common vehicle, with low-cost, effective weapons and excellent armor protection, striking a balance between being too cheap to win any battles, and too expensive to be practical. I made a Fusion version too, which has a GR, PPC. and SRM/6, 10.5 tons of FF armor and a cost of 2,057,00, with a BV of 810, Which I like even more, I'll draw that up later when i can think up some interesting fluff text. (yay!) Anybody else share my love of cheap crap? Or I'am I just weird?

Type/Model: Ejercito Mk I, Heavy Wheeled Tank
Mass: 60 tons
Tech level: level 1
Equipment: Items Mass
Int. Struct.: 30 pts Standard 6.00
Engine: 160 ICE
Cruise MP: 3
Flank MP: 5
Cockpit & Controls: 3.0
Crew: 3 Members
Turret: 2.0
Armor Factor: 200 standard plating

Internal Armor
Structure Value
Front: 6 60
Left / Right Sides: 6 40/40
Rear: 6 30
Turret: 6 30

Weapons and Equipment Loc Ammo Mass
--------------------------------------------------------
1 Guass Rifle Turret 24 (3.0t) 15.0t
1 LRM/5 Turret 24 (1.0t) 2.0t
1 SRM/6 Turret 15 (1.0t) 3.0t
--------------------------------------------------------
TOTALS: 60.0t

Calculated Factors:
Total Cost: 1,027,000 C-Bills
Battle Value: 690
Cost per BV: 1490 C-bills
Weapon Value: 551
Defensive Value: 139

This is work of art, citizens.

BTW, lemme know if i fudged anything with the format (copy, pasted from cray's demolisher death machine) or the math. All my BT books are 3,000 miles away, thats why i can only do vehicles cause i can remember the formulas (i think)
"caliber fifty JUSTICE!"
Drasnighta
01/06/07 03:55 PM

WIth Vehicles now using the Max-Tech Vehicle Damage rules, they're certainly becoming a nice option for the Commander on a Budget, and yours would be so...

However, one (little) mistake in the Format - a Gauss Rifle would make the Vehicle Level 2, not 1... Personally, instead of the GR, I'd like to see an AC/10 mounted for even more Budget-ness, and to keep it down at Level-1 Technology... A Large-Bore Autocannon - for my personal preference - just seems sweetish...

However, the GR certainly fits the bill, if you don't mind that piece of Technology... Definately good to punch holes in Armour, then Crit-seek with the SRMs... With the LR Punch of the GR, you may even want to consider doubling up on the Short Range Missile Launchers instead of the LRM-5... But its all personal preference anyway...

Overall, solid design - but will need some good fluff for me to purchase it for the Ground Defence Network at Heretic BattleMechs
CEO Heretic BattleMechs.
Karagin
01/06/07 03:59 PM

Your cost is a plus. And I think that this would see use by many of the major companies and merc units.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
strife
01/06/07 04:14 PM

I thought about the AC/10 but i forgot how much it cost, 200,000? Besides, i like making vehicles that can fight mechs, without getting throat-stomped (metaphoricaly, sometimes literally) Anything with a GR can kill a mech, even if its a slow wheeled tank stuck in a swamp with an atlas or some horror like that.

Its level 2 though? Do Guasses have weird availibity/maintaince problems in back-water planets? Trying to be practical.
"caliber fifty JUSTICE!"
Drasnighta
01/06/07 05:10 PM

They're just considered High-Technology... On the plus side, they throw just about anything Ferrous you put into them - but they would be considered very, very high maintenance... Keeping the Magnetic Coils and all in perfect working Order would be difficult without proper diagnostic equipment - its not something you can do by Hand, and on the Backwater Planets, anything not done by hand is not done...

I don't think specifically rules-wise there is a problem, but Fluff-Wise, I wouldn't want to rely on my Techs to keep a Gauss Rifle functioning - it would need at least 3-4x the attention of a Smooth or Rifled Barrel Autocannon...

Perhaps an Ultra AC/10 is a bit of a better Option - yes, the range is lessened, and its more maintenance than your standard AC/10 - but it would have to be less than the Gauss Rifle (Only the feed mechanism would have to be stripped and kept clean, instead of the whole barrell meticulously maintained).. But the Potential killing power of an Ultra AC/10 can't be denied...

And yeah, a Million and Change for them? Thats ultra-affordable... If the Maintenance can be worked out well enough, then yeah - its very attractive....
CEO Heretic BattleMechs.
Karagin
01/06/07 07:25 PM

Don't worry too much about tech levels any more, things are going over to what's tournement legal and what's more or less advanced play, aka not tournement legal.

So basicly level 1 and level 2 and some level 3 stuff will now be standard tournement legal stuff, which means it's the basic rules and tech and the other stuff will be all good to use but more advanced rules and adds more time to the game etc...
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Drasnighta
01/07/07 03:12 PM

I see your point, Karagin, but I see "Cheap, Low Tech" to be level 1, and in this point, I believe the Fluff calls for it... But, its not my design - so I won't hound too much upon it... I do like it, and it is straight forward - but Perhaps I just like my Cheap and Nasty designs Cheaper and Nastier

Unfortunately, living where I do - there's only 1 Commando for Btech, and he's over 1500 miles away, so I don't get much Tournament Play

Once again, Strife - Congrats on the Solid Design, I'll be testing it as soon as I get a chance (and a nearby victim)
CEO Heretic BattleMechs.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 91 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5537

Contact Admins Sarna.net