What I'd prefer and what do you prefer included in that designing rulebook:

Pages: 1
NewPharoah_Max
01/10/07 06:35 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Links to fan websites that have equipment designs like this one and Solaris7.com.

I agree with Froggie's of allowing the dual control area to be used on wingstubes - the dual cockpit can be used on 'Mechs & LAMs;

Replacing an Omniunit's pod should take half rather than double time - pods are easier to connect and disconnect. That's said so in BattleTech Compendium: The Rules of Warfare, Wolfnet Archive File 55897, paragraph #2. I think allowing 'Mechs to wear armored backpacks and use coolant pods, and/or ammo and heat sinks placed in them would be a good idea. Let 'Mechs mount casemates as I described.

How about drone rules for battle armor, 'Mechs, & spacecraft to be included too. What about MechForce Quarterly objects such as the winch that was published? That should be official Level 3 (anything published in MechForce Quarterly that's not Level 1 or Level 2 is Level 3 from what I read. Perhaps I can use the LosTech Think Tank life path to design these objects. Yeah those TCWs are powerfully destructive indeed; I wouldn't want them near my DropShips though they're fun to use against Enhanced Imaging Clanners. Buzzzzzzzz! As for MPWs well inferno and Haywire pods are Level 2 and combined they're basically the same thing as an MPW. I'd like for Tactical Operations to include the rules for Follow the Leader LRMs and Blue Shield from Unbound and also the advanced artillery rules and LAM rules after they've been revised (which many players prefer) along with the Claw (should make grappling and grabbing attacks discussed in Maximum Tech easier) and Watchdog Probe from Tactical Handbook as well as the MechForce Quarterly items - the winch looks nice and anything else that those writing this new book can fit in (new or old rules). The more the merrier. Oh and the dead fire missiles from Tactical Handbook - they should be renamed UGUSMs (unguided unsteady missiles).

Artillery BV should be doubled given how that there neither target movement modifiers nor target hex terrain/terrain feature modifiers for an artillery attack.

The rules for composite structure would be better changed so that conventional vehicles, airplanes, and spacecraft can use the structure. I was watching a short documentary on a guy who worked for Microsoft - he started his own company to create spacecraft that would carry folks into space for pleasure & travel - the spacecraft used composite structure.

A unit/structure does not need to have all of its missile launchers with the same type of Artemis fire control systems and may mount different types.

I'd also like rules for construction equipment (backhoes, steamrollers, etc.) - gotta build my roads and buildings.

What about MechForce Quarterly objects such as the winch that was published?

If a conventional vehicle/wingstube/spacecraft mounts a gyro, then its side mounted weapons don't have to equal each other and a -1 modifier is added to the piloting base to-hit number. I let a conventional vehicle, aircraft, and a spacecraft use a gyro (the gyro counts as an item).

I agree with someone else who discussed mounting MW3RPG personal weapons on vehicles (including 'Mechs, battle armor, aircraft, and spacecraft) like how their tonnages should be increased by 10% to account for better stability - in TRO3026 it does discuss personal weapons mounted on vehicles and also that personal weapons are gauranteed an automatic hit on a roll of 12 and an automatic failure on a roll of 2 after rolling a 2D6 roll of 7 or less.

How about some rules for allowing VTOL equipment to be mounted on ground & naval units?

I'd like spacecraft max Structural Integrity rules that's based on the spacecraft's engine to be negated. Also I'd like for WarShips, JumpShips, Monitors, and space stations to be able to have 360 degree turrets mounted on top of them. A powered down item (like on spacecraft) I don't think would require maintenance.

LAMs
The Land Air Mech rule modifications which about a dozen folks agreed on years back, well I'm including them here - a LAM: may not be built as an OmniLAM (we all agreed on this); may mass up to 100 tons since normal bipedal 'Mechs and wingstubes can though a heavier LAM is way less efficient due to how a LAM using these rules I've typed here requires a number of critical slots devoted to its left and right combustion chambers (equals engine tonnage divided by 100) placed in left and right torsos or left and right legs - a critical hit to a combustion chamber has the same effects as a hit to an wingstube's engine using AT2 rules, conversion equipment (one each in left arm, right arm, left torso, right torso, head or center torso) - a critical hit to a conversion equipment slot prevents the LAM from converting, and landing gear (one each in left arm, right arm, left torso, right torso) - a critical hit to a landing gear slot has the same effects as said critical hit to a wingstube using AT2 rules, may have and use bombs (one bomb per critical slot) - if a wingstube/VTOL can have and drop a bomb then so can an AirMech/LAM in wingstube mode; uses AT2 fire control restrictions, gives off heat when using standard jump jets for jumpgliding in AirMech mode (1 heat point for every 3 MP or fraction thereof done by the standard jump jets); doesn't start with 30 free fuel points but all fuel tons and their respective fuel pumps for the combustion chambers are treated like ammo in terms of critical slots and tonnage (fuel pumps are considered part of their respective fuel containers for tonnage and critical slot purposes); and the LAM has an additional +1 modifier for every nonrequired MP not spent when used to land from a jumpglide as well as an additional +2 modifier when doing a DFA in AirMech mode to account for its jumpgliding. Feel free to use fractional accounting for critical slots. Here's the current rules for LAMs as posted on these forums at the following link:
http://lordsofthebattlefield.com/forum/v...465f9067f5945fa

I don't think it would really hurt anything if monitor spacecraft were allowed to mass up to 2.5 megatons and they should be allowed to mount armor like space stations - these monitors that won't be going through hyperspace really wouldn't need additional structure for armor.

I think the heavy gauss rifle could be used by I.C.E. powered units if they were given power amplifiers.

Fractional & Decimal Accounting
Large spacecraft engines, targeting computers, and gyroes could be allowed to use fractional accounting - this way the crews of large spacecraft when desired could swap engines, targeting computer tonnages don't have to be rounded up, and the XL gyro for a 100 rated engine would mass 0.5 tons rather 1 ton which would make it useful.

Heat Sinks
I don't think allowing a unit to have various heat sinks would be a problem - double heat sinks are bulky and only takes one critical hit to destroy them which is rather easy to do; compact heat sinks are harder to hit and I don't think in level 3 games it would be a problem if conventional vehicles had mounted on them and can use double heat sinks (I mean those vehicles can carry those heat sinks in their cargo bays taking up item slots proportionately and 'Mechs and spacecraft can use double heat sinks).

Docking Collars
A 1,000 ton docking hardpoint seems to provide a 100,000 ton DropShip/Monitor/space station with jump capability so I say that the docking hardpoint should mass 1 ton for every 100 tons that will dock and jump with the ship the hardpoint is mounted on; and the hardpoints, to maintain a stabiling balance throughout the ship, should be mounted on it using the rules for capital weapons.

Slots
Also, how about requiring spheroid small spacecraft and large spacecraft to use the BMR conventional vehicle item slot rules? Speaking of those rules Tactical Operations could include a rule that says that ranged weapons and perhaps other items take up a number of item slots equal to their tonnage divided by four (fractional accounting can be used if desired by the person designing), so three Long Tom Artillery weapons would take up a total of 22.5 item slots (90 tons divided by 4 equals 22.5 item slots which could be mounted on a 100 ton vehicle that has 25 item slots) though I think the sponson turrets from Maximum Tech should take up 3 item slots per their total tonnage; with improved item slot rules this enables, oh say, a personnel bay and they have lots of MW3RPG personal weapons then they could be in the vehicle (not limited to just conventional vehicles) and use any number of their personal weapons at the same time. Fractional accounting could be applied to critical slots in 'Mechs too like if a 'Mech has only one critical slot left and a person wants to put in it half a ton of AC/10 ammo and a compact heat sink. I think the rules for less critical slots in 'Mechs for less tonnage 'Mechs should not be included - other less tonnage 'Mechs that are level 2 don't have less critical slots and the rules for 'Mechs bracing should not be included also.
A conventional vehicle's control area, regardless of the vehicle's total tonnage, weighs only 0.25 tons (this includes the tonnage of the crew person, communications, a plant to better circulate oxygen, seat, and computer); additional personnel can mass 0.25 tons per person and his/her equipment. The reason is because a conventional vehicle should only need one person to drive and shoot like a 'Mech. The vehicle also requires 0.25 tons devoted to its sensor equipment. While a 'Mech's head only weighs 3 tons, it is made up of these parts:
0.25 tons control area described above,
0.25 tons sensors - which can be taken out and exchanged with conventional vehicle sensors,
0.30 ejection,
0.50 structure (this does not take up a critical slot),
0.70 life support,
1.00 extra room for life support (this can be removed to create the small control area). The bottom sensors critical slot is replaced with the word "Ejection". A critical hit to this slot prevents the person from ejecting.

Armor
Hardened armor Battle Value rules should be upgraded so that the battle value for hardened armor is increased by twenty percent given how hardened armor has a -2 modifier applied to all Determining Critical Hits Table rolls. I think a rule allowing what I call "alloy armors" (armors merged together) would be interesting like say for example allowing a unit to have mounted in all locations hardened armor, ablative armor, and reactive armor.
I think that standard armor (which I think is made up of bonofilimade diamond and aligned crystal steel) could introduce two new or rather I should say old armors - bormond (which halves the damage from all ballistic, missile, artillery, and physical attacks) and crystal steel (which halves the damage from all energy attacks) - each of these two armors has a +3 modifier applied to the Determining Critical Hits Table caused by the destructive attacks they're not designed to halve. Concentric armor whereas a spacecraft such as a spheroid DropShip/DropShuttle, Monitor, WarShip, space station can have additional layers of armor mounted around them to enable an inner layer of armor to stop critical hits (an outer layer of concentric armor would block weapons fire and LOS coming from the spacecraft and prevent critical hits from happening to the spacecraft/space station's internal components). Armor on a turret increases the tonnage of the turret's structure by an amount equal to 10% of the turret's armor's tonnage.
A rule for maximum armor on the head could be that the maximum armor is equal to the 'Mech's starting tonnage divided by 5, then add 7 so that a 10 ton 'Mech could have a max of 9 points on the head (10/5)=7 while a 100 ton 'Mech could have a max of 27 points (100/5)+7=27 and added 3 (the number of internal structue points for the head) equals 30 which equals the total damage inflicted by three simultaneously fired PPC shots coming from the Technical Readout 3026 Schrek PPC Carrier that Private Frederick "Sniper" Jones is in which he never fails to destroy a 'Mech's head.
If spacecraft is 160,000 tons or less then it gets 16 points of standard armor per ton, if spacecraft is 320,000 tons or less but greater than 160,000 tons, then it gets 15 points of standard armor per ton, if spacecraft is 480,000 tons or less but greater than 160,000 tons, then it gets 14 points of standard armor per ton and so on. 16 points per ton times 160,000 equals 2,560,000 which is roughly a little more than 2,500,000 the largest tonnage of WarShips. Lamellor ferro-carbide armor will, using my rule, increase the number of points of armor per ton by 15. Thus using my rule a 2,500,000 WarShip would have 16 points of armor per ton if it was using lamellor ferro-carbide armor, the same number of points it would get if using normal AT2 rules.
Allow max armor points to be double the max internal structure points on each torso location of a 'Mech (max front armor points of a torso location shouldn't interfere with max back front armor points of torso location).
I'd like for component armor to be used with any armor and on any vehicular unit.
No critical slots for ferro-fibrous armor.

BVs
Do include these forms of BV math: each 'Mech's tonnage BV placed in offensive battle rating math ('Mech tonnage is used for offensive actions like punching, kicking, throwing, tripping, DFA and included others); BVs for weapons mounted on sponson turrets since they each have a wide 180 degree firing arc (I recommend increasing the BVs of weapons mounted on a sponson turret by 20% like for targeting computer); BVs for surplus personnel that negate attacker movement modifiers (I recommend increasing BVs of weapons by 10% per +1 attacker movement modifier negated); and I recommend my rules for forces that outnumber others.
Don't include these forms of BV math: each 'Mech's tonnage BV placed in defensive battle rating math; too much ammo BV which causes that ammo BV and weapon BV total to be more than an energy weapon of identical range & damage unless the ammo has special effects like better guiding, AP, etc. and BVs for them are reasonably proportionately mathematically determined; and large vessel multiplier.
Greetings to you too.

Edited by NewPharoah_Max (01/11/07 01:10 PM)
NewPharoah_Max
01/16/07 06:55 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
BVs for minefields (I don't regularly use, if ever, minefields) and BVs for the advanced abilities listed in Maximum Tech. BVs for weapons mounted on turrets mounted on torsos like the BVs for weapons mounted on sponson turrets I mentioned above.

I'd also like for 'Mech control area combos to be available like: dual & small, dual & small & command console, small & command console.

Edited by NewPharoah_Max (01/17/07 02:19 PM)
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 180 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5711

Contact Admins Sarna.net