Armament
1 Clan Large Pulse Laser
3 Clan ER Medium Lasers
Communications System: Unknown
Targeting and Tracking System: Unknown
Primary Manufacturer: Clan Wolf
Primary Factory: Unknown

OVERVIEW

The Sentinel, long the SLDF’s standard recon/raider, has recently been given new life by Clan Wolf’s technician caste. Upgraded with Clan technology, the Sentinel is a nasty surprise for opponents who are not expecting its enhanced capabilities.

CAPABILITES

Clan Wolf has deployed the Sentinel in ‘mint’ Star League condition for centuries. However, with recent events, the Sentinel has gone through an extensive face-lifting process.

With front-line units getting first crack at ammunition reloads, designers elected to replace the Sentinel’s primarily ballistic and missile armament with a solely energy-based weapons system.

A Large Pulse Laser replaces the Sentinel’s older Ultra Auto Cannon, replacing it with a weapon that has almost identical range and damage profiles, but a much greater chance to hit. The old Streak SRM-2, although ammunition efficient, was removed in favour of laser weapons; including the upgraded Medium Laser, the Sentinel IIC packs a secondary armament of 3 ER Medium Lasers.

These energy weapons together produce four times the amount of heat the older Sentinel used to create, so Clan designers added four additional Double Heat Sinks to the 'Mech to keep it running cool.

The 'Mech’s standard frame was replaced with Endo Steel, and the Ferro-Fibrous armour was also thickened. Plans to employ an XL engine of a higher class to make the 'Mech swifter were abandoned due to material shortages.

DEPLOYMENT

Clan Wolf currently possesses about 40 upgraded Sentinels. They are spread throughout the second-line Galaxies deployed in the Inner Sphere.

MASS BREAKDOWNS

Cockpit: 3
Engine: 11.5
Endo Steel: 22
Gyro: 3
Ferro-Fibrous: 7.5
Large Pulse Laser: 6
3 ER Medium Lasers: 3
4 Additional Double Heat Sinks: 4

ARMOUR ALLOCATION

Head: 9
Centre Torso: 17/7
Side Torsos: 13/7
Arms: 12
Legs: 20

LOCATIONS

1 Large Pulse Laser, 1 Double Heat Sink (No Lower Arm or hand Actuators)- Right arm
1 ER Medium laser- Head
2 ER Medium Lasers- Centre Torso
1 Double Heat Sink- Each Side Torso, Each Leg

(Place Endo Steel and Ferro Fibrous slots wherever you like.)

BV: 1,422

MY BLURB

Well, there you have it. Solid, but uninspired.

The Sentinel IIC will give any 'Mech equal or lower in weight a run for its money. Very similar to the Wolfhound, the 'Mech will work best in prolonged engagements. Benevolently, I have added enough Heat Sinks to go all out and build up 1 (gasp!) heat per turn.

Armour, as you can see, was dramatically upped. It’s capable of doing almost twice as much damage as the original Sentinel-and its BVs have more than doubled to reflect that fact.

One word of warning: armour on any 'Mech this light is a concern. Keep it mobile, or it will die.

"The man who opens his mouth in the presence of a woman does so only to change feet."
-Me.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Zwischy
06/10/02 04:54 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Personally, I always liked replacing the Sentinel's AC with a PPC. In the Clans, this becomes a headhunter 'Mech. I would be willing to risk some heat to add the ability.

A straight-up swap of ERPPC for pulse large is obvious, and I would actually drop two heat sinks to tack on a targeting computer. Heat's a problem if you alpha strike, but after a volley like that I doubt your opponent will be in any condition to chase after you while you cool off...

Something else that occurs to me instead...put in MASC instead of the targeting computer. Great escape measure after you've alpha striked and need to find a safe place to cool off - or need to stab somebody in the back.
Karagin
01/18/07 10:01 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Nice fluff and overall not a bad refit.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 187 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4387

Contact Admins Sarna.net