1 C.A.S.E. Equipment Body 0 .00
--------------------------------------------------------
TOTALS: 6 6 80.00
Items & Tons Left: 15 .00

Calculated Factors:
Total Cost: 4,653,750 C-Bills
Battle Value: 955
Cost per BV: 4,873.04
Weapon Value: 1,397 / 1,397 (Ratio = 1.46 / 1.46)
Damage Factors: SRDmg = 24; MRDmg = 17; LRDmg = 9
BattleForce2: MP: 4T, Armor/Structure: 0 / 10
Damage PB/M/L: 3/3/2, Overheat: 0
Class: GA; Point Value: 10

Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
CrayModerator
02/14/05 10:10 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Since it's Clan, I wouldn't be shy about using an XL engine.

As a 4/6 vehicle, it's beyond the point of efficiency for standard fusion engines. You can save 5.5 tons on the engine simply by shifting to a 75-ton version (before touching on internal structure and control weight savings).

Otherwise, it looks like a reasonable update on the Fury.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Karagin
02/14/05 12:04 PM

Idea was for a second line vehicle, taking the existing ones and upgrading it.

Though the engine overhaul might not be a bad idea, I was also going for an equal cost as well. I will play around with a 75 ton version and see what I can get.
Karagin

Karagin
02/02/07 09:53 PM

Return to the top for further comments...
Karagin

strife
02/05/07 09:20 AM

I dunno, clan vehicles only exist because clannies run low on resources to build mechs, so I'd stick to the fusion engine. Seeing how vehicle crews in clan armys are composed of slave-caste peaseants (or whatever) that the vehicle would be the very worst engineered death-trap that exists out of sheer nessciessity (or desperation) anyways, if it was a wheeled vehicle you could slap a reasonably tonned 300-rated fusion.
"caliber fifty JUSTICE!"
CrayModerator
02/07/07 08:48 AM

Quote:

Seeing how vehicle crews in clan armys are composed of slave-caste peaseants (or whatever)

Uh, no. Clans do not let civilian castes operate any ground combat vehicles. Vehicles are run by Warrior caste personnel. That's a helluva lot different than "slave caste peasants (or whatever)." Warships are mostly staffed with civilian caste personnel (technician caste), but that's the exception - each Clan only has a few thousand warriors and can't staff many warships with all warriors.

And while Clan warriors can be dismissive and rude toward their civilian castes, the Clans as a whole don't have a slave caste and treat each caste fairly well.

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
strife
02/07/07 08:54 AM

Ah I suppose your right, but i was implying that vehicle crews are looked down on by mechwarriors and aerospace fighter pilots, so its always the low-end guys who have to share they're glory, driving around some tank instead of single-manning a mech.

But seriously, I thought I read that they're crewed by techinicians, and REMF types, thats why they're gunnery and driving skills are so bad, cause they're not crewed by full-on soldiers, right?
"caliber fifty JUSTICE!"
CrayModerator
02/07/07 09:03 AM

Quote:

But seriously, I thought I read that they're crewed by techinicians, and REMF types, thats why they're gunnery and driving skills are so bad, cause they're not crewed by full-on soldiers, right?

No. Clans only put warriors in tanks. They tend to have worse training than more "honorable" unit types, but they are most definitely warriors.

Clans are such sticklers about who can deliver violence in their culture that even their police are technically warrior caste (which means they have very, very few cops).

strife
02/07/07 09:10 AM

lol, thats pretty strange I suppose, I either figured that, or that clan vehicles were somehow "piloted"
by a single warrior caste crewman, not with a neurohelmet, but just a dizzying arrary of joysticks, foot-pedals and switchs that operating the vehicle with anysort of skill was extremely difficult. Seems it work with they're honor-based society, so long as that single soldier gets the credit for all the work his tank does. Or they'd stick dishonorable mechwarriors on a tank as some sort of punishment?
"caliber fifty JUSTICE!"
CrayModerator
02/07/07 09:31 AM

Quote:

lol, thats pretty strange I suppose, I either figured that, or that clan vehicles were somehow "piloted"
by a single warrior caste crewman, not with a neurohelmet, but just a dizzying arrary of joysticks, foot-pedals and switchs that operating the vehicle with anysort of skill was extremely difficult.

Clan tanks use the same crew rules as other tanks: 1 crewman per 15 tons, round up.

Also, battlemechs use a dizzying array of joysticks, footpedals, and switches. Ever since the first BT novels were published c1986, neurohelmets lost their role as a direct brain link to machines (as they were described in the earliest rule books) and just became a system for augmenting the balance of a battlemech. Modern cockpit descriptions can be found in the CBT:Companion, while you can find artwork as far back as the MW 1st edition RPG.

Quote:

Seems it work with they're honor-based society, so long as that single soldier gets the credit for all the work his tank does.

Clan warriors tend to look down on tanks simply because they take multiple crewmen instead of a single warrior.

Quote:

Or they'd stick dishonorable mechwarriors on a tank as some sort of punishment?

Most Clans tend to stick "test downs" into vehicles. These are the warriors (fighter, elemental, mechwarrior) who fail to achieve success in the role they were literally born for, but don't suck so much that they're sent to civilian castes. Also, freeborn warriors (warriors born to a natural mother and father rather than in a fancy fish tank) tend to get dumped into vehicles.

This isn't always the case. Clan Hells Horses are pretty good to their vehicle crews.

Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 163 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 8676

Contact Admins Sarna.net