New Rulebooks

Pages: 1
Askhati
04/09/07 01:27 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I was just wondering: is there a place where someone could perhaps have a look at the content of the new rulebooks (preferably online and in an easily-accessible format) before buying/ordering them? I for one am very curious as to the new items and weapons that were added, but am not quite ready to take the plunge and order the book if it all turns out to be junk.
Evolve or DIE!
Karagin
04/09/07 10:27 PM

www.classicbattletech.com

Is the best place to go, you would need to go to the download section and look for the Tech Manual and Total Warfare, they have some PDF files for preview.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Askhati
04/10/07 08:06 AM

Hmm. Have looked at it, but am still not sure. Does anymore here have it, and if yes, would you advise it for anyone else?
Evolve or DIE!
CrayModerator
04/10/07 08:25 AM

Quote:

Hmm. Have looked at it, but am still not sure. Does anymore here have it, and if yes, would you advise it for anyone else?

My recommendation would be to slip by a major book store. Barnes & Noble has been carrying the Tech Manual and Total Warfare. It's not online, but you'd have a chance to peruse the full books.

I won't give a personal recommendation about buying the books since I'm biased (I helped write them), but I can point out an on-line review from Gaming Reports:

http://gamingreport.com/modules.php?op=m...ent&id=2267
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Askhati
04/10/07 08:36 AM

Thank you for the advice, but there is one problem: I am in South Africa, and the only way to get these books is to order them on-line. No perusal for me!
Evolve or DIE!
CrayModerator
04/10/07 02:19 PM

Quote:

Thank you for the advice, but there is one problem: I am in South Africa, and the only way to get these books is to order them on-line. No perusal for me!

Hmm. That could be a bit awkward. I suppose looking under soda bottle caps for free trips to US Barnes & Noble book stores is a low probability approach to perusing the books.

Well, if the review didn't convince you, here's this direct link to Karagin's recommendation, the previews on CBT.com. Tech Manual and Total Warfare previews are rather far down the list, but they're there. All told, there seems to be several dozen preview pages of Total Warfare (10% of the book) and about 20 pages of the Tech Manual.
http://www.classicbattletech.com/index.php?action=downloads#Previews

There are also free downloads of Total Warfare charts n tables at the top of the page:
http://www.classicbattletech.com/index.php?action=downloads#Charts%20and%20Tables

I don't think you'll find more complete (legal) preview material on the web. Is that enough to help you out?

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Askhati
04/10/07 02:47 PM

Too bad it does not give the tonnage for the new weapons and equipment...

Hmm, think I will order it anyway.
Evolve or DIE!
CrayModerator
04/10/07 03:18 PM

Quote:

Too bad it does not give the tonnage for the new weapons and equipment...

Those have been reverse engineered and published on other BT forums.
http://forums.classicbattletech.com/index.php/topic,6536.0.html

Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 83 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 7191

Contact Admins Sarna.net