Jagermech vs BlackjacK

Pages: 1
Karagin
01/17/07 11:01 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Okay, using both vanillia versions of these mech, in other words the ones you find in TR3025 Originial, with each having the same piloting and gunnery skills, let's go with average pilots here, 4/5.

The terrain will be a mix of hills with woods, some light woods here and there and two level 1 to level 2 depth water spots.

Which mech has the advantages and which do you think will win?
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Nightward
01/17/07 05:25 PM

It really comes down to player skill. In a less crowded environment, the JagerMech's greater ranged firepower is probably enough to carry the day, but in that situation the Blackjack's Jump Jets could really liven things up.

If the Blackjack makes it behind the JagerMech, show's over.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Drasnighta
01/17/07 09:11 PM

At 4/5 - Its a bit of a Crapshoot (literally)... At better skill levels, I'd give the Blackjack the Day, just because of its Jumping Movement... From the sounds of the Terrain, its broken enough that not much straight-line speed movement can be used - and the breakup of the Forest Areas reduces the main weaponry for both sides down to In-Your-Face Range...

Its hard to tell - I agree with Nightward's take - but add a decent Arm-Flip by the JagerMech to make it an even closer Run deal...

With 4/5 Pilots (and the BMR Ruleset), I would see myself hiding in Partial Cover - even at Medium Range, its a 9 to Hit before any Movement Mods are set... But I think I'd be wanting to take the BlackJack, just for the Movement mods, and the ability to have a decent Short Range Punch (at the risk of Overheating, and having to spend a turn jumping away, doing nothing else)....

And with the low Damage weapons - it'll be down to Headshots, Lucky CT Crits, or even quite Possibly the Piloting Skill Rolls from Successful and Failed Kicks, since neither would be pushing or Punching...
CEO Heretic BattleMechs.
Merc3025
04/17/07 11:25 PM

Blackjack hands down. They have the same nominal firepower, and although the Jagermech can use it at longer range, the Blackjack more than makes up for this with its superior mobility and superior armor. It will take hits from light autocannons just fine while it closes, especially considering that 4 gunners don't hit moving targets at long range very often. Once it gets within 3 hexes, its only a matter of time, since it can continually backshot the Jagermech every round it wins initiative, due to its jump capability. Plus, at knife-fighting range where all the autocannons will be hard pressed to hit the broad side of an Atlas, the Blackjack will have twice the effective firepower.
Pages: 1
Extra information
2 registered and 58 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6552

Contact Admins Sarna.net