Mechwarrior 1

Pages: 1
Silpheed
04/07/04 06:55 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Had some people requesting the original Mechwarrior, so here it is, in all its EGA glory. Unzip to C: and it'll put itself in a C:\Mechwarrior folder. The game is DOS only, so in Windows 2000 or later, or Linux, you can use a program called DOSBox, here . When you start DOSBox, enter "mount c c:\mechwarrior", then "c:", then "MW". Enjoy your shiny new obsolete mech simulator. Attachment (1094 downloads)
"War is nothing but a duel on an extensive scale." - Clausewitz

Edited by Silpheed (04/07/04 07:04 PM)
Argos
04/17/04 10:54 AM

Thanks Silpheed, I actually found this game bundled with CHI and CHR in a activision box at a pawn shop....bought it for 5 bucks! your copy works fine, I used it to add to a dos bootable cdrom so I can just pop in the cdrom, boot to dos and play. Have you found a easy way to slow it down?
thanks
AdmiralSenn
05/03/04 06:18 PM

I know there's some way to restore the original logon screen, probably involving a hex editor. Any ideas?
Tenshi
06/23/04 04:50 PM

Search www.download.com

Good programs I hear about often are "MoSlow" and "CPUKiller" or something like that. New ones may be out though. Honestly just find a school that's getting rid of old computers and they will quite often give them away, and quite often are able to play all our old DOS/Win95 games.
It's when you start wishing you had a cool sig that you come up with something this bad...
Omega
07/08/04 04:59 AM

there is as I use it as well.
and there is also a cheat code to get 500 million C-bills..give or take.

And I still have a working IBM from the early days so I have no problem with the speed.
"There are two Main enemys of a Merc.
Heat & the most deadly of Foes our Financing".

(Drawing done by LawGiver)

"A man is not finished when he is defeated. He is Finished When he quits"-President R. M. Nixon
Tripod
05/27/07 10:22 AM

i tried a program to slow my cpu down (p4 2.4) and when i set it to the slowest setting it said i could not slow down my cpu anymore without riskign dammage to it. on the next fastest % it was still WAY too fast to play. but i have a 486dx4 100MHz in the closet it need to boot up... : )
TBA
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 8704

Contact Admins Sarna.net