The Drawing Board and Vista

Pages: 1
KitK
06/25/07 02:34 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I have installed The Drawing Board to Windows Vista and it seems to work basically fine except that the Save and Save As dialog boxes do not give me a textbox in which to name the file. Anyone else run into this and find a solution?

Thanks
Askhati
06/30/07 09:07 AM

Serves you right for using Vista... Do you not have anything else to waste your processing power and RAM on?
Evolve or DIE!
sdog
07/01/07 12:29 PM

btw, are there good design programs for linux available?

I realised soon that the fun part of playing a military game is that we have lots of lifes and in the end knowone dies, ...

- Skaven, ArmA modding community
Askhati
07/01/07 07:38 PM

Not to sound funny or anything, but once you actually get the hang of doing it by hand, it all becomes really easy. You guys should try it sometime, although the editors are nice for the newer players.
Evolve or DIE!
Karagin
07/01/07 11:39 PM

Hand Calculations are fun, but it's far easier to make errors via paper math then using one of the editors, and it's a lot easier to carry around a thumb drive with the mechs and the editor then several notebooks full of notes and artwork and math equations to show someone how you made your mech...
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Askhati
07/07/07 05:23 PM

Fair, but the notebooks give the design character and colour, while fiddling with the sliders and menus in an editor can take the fun out of it somehow. But it boils down to personal prefernece, I know.

Question, somewhat off-topic: has the new Tech Manual been released yet? I tried ordering it about two months ago, and they just informed me that it is only going out on print in December 2007. Is that right? Amazon.com said it came out November 2006...
Evolve or DIE!
Karagin
07/07/07 11:53 PM

The Tech Manual hasn't come out in hard back yet...I think you can get the PDF from CBT website or through Battlecorps...

As for it going out of print, kind of hard to do when it's just coming out...I don't always trust Amazon since they have been know to make mistakes and then act like they never happen, hey wait a minute they are kind of like FASA...
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 128 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6987

Contact Admins Sarna.net