2007 Readers Choice Game Award - FINAL ROUND

Pages: 1
Highball32
12/08/07 12:17 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
OK folks .... this is for all the marbles! We need to get the word out and everyone needs to VOTE. We DOMINATED in Round One and we will do it again in this final round.

For Victory ....... CHARGE!!!!!!!

http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/?p=11451
Combined Arms is not just a way to wage war ...... it is an art!
Highball32
12/08/07 06:25 PM

The folks over at Dark Age have decided to pool their votes and only vote on one of their products. That gives them a voting pool of 500+ votes and threatens our victory. So lets get out there and make it happen. Let your gaming groups know to get out there and vote! If you know websites where Classic Battletech Players gather let them know about the vote and send them over. The klaxton has sounded and it is time to FIGHT FOR VICTORY!!!!
Karagin
12/09/07 02:20 PM

Cool...now what does this get us when all is said and done?
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Highball32
12/09/07 09:10 PM

As the day progressed the Dark Age folks again attempted to rally their votes a second time, AND FAILED! We have kept our slow and steady advance in votes and once again we are pulling ahead. But we cannot let our guard down! We have beaten back two attempts to pass us in votes, and I am certain there will be more. So lets PRESS THE ATTACK and SPREAD THE WORD! Let's take the 53 vote lead we have now, surpass our 99 morning vote lead, and make it 150 VOTES! Let's SMASH their resolve people and BREAK their spirits!

GO CLASSIC BATTLETECH!!!!!
Highball32
12/10/07 08:00 PM

Well our lead is getting smaller and smaller and all I can do is throw up my hands in disgust. The moderators over at CBT have deleted the threads in two of the most popular forums in retaliation because I had a major disagreement with them. I guess if crap like that is going to be allowed then I will let the cards fall where they may. What a shame they choose this course of action! I will not update anymore.
Karagin
12/11/07 07:48 PM

Sadly the poll got canceled for some reason or another...
Karagin

Askhati
12/15/07 06:27 PM

Wow... So what was this all about?
Evolve or DIE!
Karagin
12/16/07 11:47 AM

Seems that some folks over at the polling place claimed that either the CBT folks or the MW or the fanasty Dark Age folks were stuffing the voting by using different computers and IPs to vote on their games. Then some complained that when folks like Highball, organized the voting and pushed us to vote that we were again stuffing the ballots etc...and it was later proved to be the case, but it wasn't the CBT folks who did it.

Also some folks got a little hot under the collar on a couple of boards and well deleted the postings about the voting. I guess that they let their emotions get the better of them.
Karagin

CrayModerator
12/17/07 10:33 PM

Quote:

Well our lead is getting smaller and smaller and all I can do is throw up my hands in disgust. The moderators over at CBT have deleted the threads in two of the most popular forums in retaliation because I had a major disagreement with them. I guess if crap like that is going to be allowed then I will let the cards fall where they may. What a shame they choose this course of action! I will not update anymore.

Deleted? In the most highly trafficked CBT.com forum, "General Discussion," the "FINAL ROUND!" thread started by a "Highball" remains alive and well and unlocked.
http://forums.classicbattletech.com/index.php/topic,28363.0.html

The problem is, Tabletop Gaming News shut down the thread due to...
http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/2007/12/11/11497

"We regret to inform you that due to suspicions of cheating and vote fraud in regards to the voting in both rounds of the 2007 TGN Reader’s Choice Awards that the staff of Tabletop Gaming News no longer feel comfortable with putting the TGN name to the results of these votes.

As such we are not going to be awarding any Reader’s Choice Awards this year. We are still working on the 2007 Editor’s Choice Award and will also be working on an article outlining some of our favourite releases from this year.

We’d like to thank all those people who submitted nominations and comments. And also those who only voted once. To those of you bragging about using an entire lab worth of computers to rig the voting, well thanks for screwing it all up for everyone. Hope you’re satisfied with the results of your actions."

Incidentally, can you describe the other threads that were deleted because of your disagreements, Highball32?

Edited by Cray (12/17/07 10:35 PM)
Karagin
12/18/07 10:44 PM

Cray, it was locked on CBT and it might as well have been deleted, since folks can't reply to locked threads, they tend to ignore them.
Karagin

CrayModerator
12/19/07 02:14 PM

Quote:

Cray, it was locked on CBT

No, the thread is not locked, not the thread I linked in.
http://forums.classicbattletech.com/index.php/topic,28363.0.html

Join the crowd in venting about the vote rigging if you'd like. The thread is wide open for anyone to participate.

Further, contrary to Highball's statement, that thread is in a high traffic forum, General Discussion Forum. The only two other forums with higher post counts are Off Topic and Mechwarrior Hall (in-character roleplaying).
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Karagin
12/20/07 02:02 PM

Thanks for clearing it up.
Karagin

Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 88 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 8397

Contact Admins Sarna.net