MWDA Designs?!?!

Pages: 1
Alabrax
02/01/08 11:37 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
My group just recently opted to get in to BattleTech. So being the cheap bastard I am I saw how cheap and prepainted the MWDA minis were and I bought a bunch of those for next to nothing.

Well right after I do that I come to find out that some of the designs I got are statless in BT. So I was wondering if anyone had don't any stats for a few of these mechs?

The ones I am interested in are...

Thundering Fox (Medium Quad)
Ursa (Heavy Quad)
Mjolnir (light with a hammer, one visible laser/gun and no visible JJ)

Thanks!
CrayModerator
02/01/08 02:04 PM

No, I don't have those stats handy, but one place you might find a lot of stats for older MWDA units is in BT's "Record Sheets: Dark Ages." You might be able to dig that up pretty cheap on eBay.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Alabrax
02/01/08 02:06 PM

Thanks I will look for that.
Karagin
03/17/08 02:57 AM

Or get HMPRO and download the mechs done up in normal BT stats...
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
CrayModerator
03/23/08 12:56 PM

Quote:

Or get HMPRO and download the mechs done up in normal BT stats...

Duh. That's a lot easier than RS:MWDA. As much as I use HMPro, I never think of it as a record sheet source.

Good suggestion, Karagin.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Christopher_Perkins
03/23/08 09:25 PM

(to Newbies)
One advantage of the HM programs is that you will generally be able to download the files for any canon product about 6 months after the products' street date...

the Heavy Metal Pro download directories have zip files orgainized by Program (Pro, Vee, Lite, Aero, BA) and Product that the units appear in.

In addition there are also files for the Three Official Magazines (MechForce & Mech Force UK, and others, BattleTechnology, StarDate{not many yet... hard to find to make stats for}) remember, Official is not a way of saying Canon... if a file is associated with an "official" product, do NOT try to use it in a Commando Administrated Game Like the Martial Olympiad, BattleTech Open, or Gunslinger) or even some published in unaffiliated fan magazines (Challenge, Dragon, etc) or files uploaded by the fans at HeavyMetalPro.com

Dollar for Dollar, the Heavy Metal Products are simply the best value that you can get... the only reason that the free Files for Canon products are delayed by 6 months is because it was Rick's Choice to make the Canon Products with designs worth buying at all. Now, if only the PTB figured out a way to bundle the files for Paper TROs with purchase like they do for PDF RS Book purchases from BattleCorps
Christopher Robin Perkins

It is my opinion that all statements should be questioned, digested, disected, tasted, and then either spit out or adopted... RHIP is not a god given shield
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 386 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6107

Contact Admins Sarna.net