Loc: New York
#149734 - 03/01/08 02:08 AM (18.104.22.168)
This post is not about the debate on whether or not donations are a good idea or not. This is not a post about the best way to use or spend DP if you decide to buy it. This post is to explain as accurately as possible DP Subscriptions and the added perks they offer over regular donations sent to Neveron.
For starters, here are the updates pertaining to Subscriptions to date:
* New Donation Option: While there are some parts of this that haven't been fully coded, enough is in to allow people a look at it and to start using it. The new Neveron Donation Subscription has been implemented. This exciting new option allows players to donate on a regular basis with the money being automatically taken from their Paypal accounts every month. But that's not all! Each donation on a subscription is cumulative towards a donation bonus. This means that if you donate $10 a month for 5 months you will get the 15 DP bonus as if you had donated $50 all at once.
And it keeps accumulating! Pass the $100 mark and we will treat your subscription as if you had sent it in all at once, thus getting an addition 25 DP bonus ($100 normally gets a 40 DP bonus but 15 was given at the $50 level). This keeps accumulating so long as that specific subscription is never cancelled.
There's more!! Players who use the donation subscription will receive special bonus offers not available to other players. This may include bonus DP, access to special units, or special deals available after donating for a certain length of time. These deal MAY require you to use your subscription DP to gain access, so please read details carefully.
Sign up special! Sign up for a subscription now at any level and after 3 real months get a Technology Center for 40 DP! (1 TC only and DP from any source may be used for this deal) New subscriptions at any level will also receive a bonus 5 DP after 3 real months.
If you have any questions please open a help ticket. Organizational changes to the new pages are forthcoming as well as a way to view your current subscriptions. Multiple subscriptions may be started at once but they do not accumulate their bonuses together. Donation Points from subscriptions can only be delivered to the login used when you donate. Once awarded these Donation Points may be used like any other.
To view Donation Subscription information click on the Donate tab and then click the link like you would to set up a Donaion Profile at the top of the page. There is a button on the next page labeled "Manage Subscriptions."
* Wow! Thanks to all the players who have already signed up for a Donation Subscription. It hasn't even been an hour yet! Your donations will be processed very soon. Thanks for your support and for your patience.
* Subscription clarification: We have gotten several help tickets asking if a subscription reaches a lifetime accumulation of $1,000 will you have gotten 2,000 dp by then, the answer is YES! As stated, you will get the bonus as if you had sent in the accumulated subscription total all at one time, so a subscription that hits the $1,000 mark will be treated exactly as if you had sent the $1,000 in all at once. Better yet is that all future donations on that subscription are automatically doubled.
-You can not 'donate extra' on a subscription. Subscriptions are unique and independant from other subscriptions and other donations. If you have $1,000 accumualted on a subscription and donate $50 through another method (a normal donation or on another subscription) it will be treated as a lone donation and you will get the normal 60 DP.
-Subscriptions will be upgradable but NOT downgradable. This means if you start with a $10 subscription but wish to increase your donation amount you can bump it up as high as you'd like. Once a subscription has been raised to that level you can not lower it you can only cancel it. If we allowed people to customize them at will people could simply donate a large amount up front, hit the $1,000 mark and then have their own private monthly pool where they could donate any amount and have it be doubled.
-You may have more than 1 subscription on a given login. Each of these subscriptions are independant of each other and accumulate bonuses at their own rates. Also, having 2 three month long subscriptions does not make you a 6 month subscriber.
-Subscriptions are either active or cancelled. You can not put a subscription on 'hold.'
-Starting a subscription can take up to 24-48 hours as with any other Paypal donation. Once it has been processed it will be processed automatically every month at the same time that we processed it. This means if you there was a 12 hour gap between when you sent the subscription request and when it was processed future payments will have a similar gap.
-We are open to suggestions about subscriptions and feel free to open a help ticket if you have one.
-A huge thank you to all who have signed up for a subscription already! Knowing that we have your committed support makes it much easier for us to hire more personnel, make plans for future hardware purchases and pay our bills.
* Fully automated subscription processing for subscriptions already in effect. New subscriptions stil need to be processed manually (allow 24-48 hours for processing via Paypal).
* Donation Subscription Delays: Fixed a problem with the automation of recurring donation subscription awards. All DP have ben properly awarded and this process will run properly in the future. People who had their awards delayed will get future DP on the 1 month anniversary of their subscription creation, not 1 month from today. Thanks to those who had their donations delayed due to this problem for their patience.
Many of you will have gotten many messages about DP being awarded. This will be confusing but please ignore them and look at the Donate page. Your total DP amount there should be correct. More information is forthcoming on the Donate page.
* Donation Subscription Bonuses: The bonus 5 Dp and 40 Dp TC after 3 months were changed to be after only 2 months, seeing as there was widespread confusion about when the bonuses should be delivered. The confusion was compounded by some of our examples implying that upon the third donation made on the subscription the bonuses would be delivered.
Additionally, most players where given the 5 bonus DP early, even if they had just signed up. Its kind of a hassle for us to reverse, so consider it an early 'Thank You.'
Players who have continued their subscriptions and donated for the 3rd month on one subscription will find themselves eligible for a 40 DP TC. See the Manage Subscriptions section of the Donate page for details.
* Donation Subscriptions have had some new features added to the management page that allow players to see what bonuses they may be eligible for and claim them if need be. Most people will notice they have already gotten their 5 bonus DP, which is early for most people.
* New Donation Feature: By popular demand Donation Subscriptions are now available via instant credit card. Simply click the Donate link, click Donate and then follow the Subscription links. You will be given an option to use Paypal or a credit card of your choice. The same account will be charged every month on that day. Players who wish to migrate their subscriptions from Paypal to a credit card will be given the option to do so in early January. Thanks to everyone who has signed up for a subscription already! Your support is overwhelming and appreciated!
* Thank You Donators: We just wanted to give a big shout out to our generous players who have seen fit to donate to the game in the past 6 weeks. Things were rather dismal in November but they have really picked up, allowing us to make major progress towards saving for our next hardware upgrades. Thank you to everyone who has donated or signed up for a subscription in the past couple months, as your reassured confidence is greatly appreciated. We are continuing to make huge gains on game performance and debugging and will continue to work hard to provide you with a more interesting, more challenging and more stable game experience.
* Donation Subscription Rewards: A new reward has been added, with more to follow over the next couple week. Every login with a donation subscription running for 180 or more days will receive one 'free' resurrection per month. Resurrections are not cumulative, and if you do not use it that month you will still only have one the next month. Players who have had a resurrection running for 6 months will find their resurrection reward begins after their next donation
* Cleaned up the donation subscription rewards page a bit.
* Donation Subscription Benefits: Fixed a MAJOR problem with the awarding of donation subscription benefits. Any benefits that should have been awarded and have not yet been will be corrected when your next subscription is processed. We are terribly sorry and thank you all very much for your continued support!
* New Donation Subscription Benefits: We are pleased to announce new subscription benefits. This affects new subscritions and subscriptions currently ongoing. As previously posted, if you have passed one of these thresholds and not gotten your benefit, it WILL be awarded next time around. Benefits are awarded on the following timetable:
-2nd Month: 50% discount on one (1) donation Repair Bay
-3rd Month: 5 bonus DP; one (1) donation Technology Center for 40 DP
-4th Month: Discount on either Good Gunners OR Exceptional Gunners
-6th Month: one (1) free Resurrection every month for the the life of the subscription
-9th Month: one (1) free Instant Mech Repair every month for the life of the subscription
Remember, you can only get benefits on one of your subscriptions. Starting multiple subscriptions to try to get multiple benefits (like TC's and the like) will NOT work. Thank you to the nearly 100 players that have active subscriptions! We appreciate your continued support!
* Donation Problems Fixed: Corrected some errors with credit card donations and donation subscriptions related to yesterdays promo code updates. Everything is working properly now.
* Clarified the difference between active and inactive subscriptions on the Subscription Management pages.
* Added a button linking the subscription rewards page to the Donate page for when you have the Good/Excellent Gunner discount available to you.
* Credit Card Donations: Credit card donations and subscriptions have been reactivated and are available for use. I know a few of you had been asking about this and we are sorry for the delay
* Donation Subscriptions: A few subscriptions have not been processed over the past couple weeks due to a bug and the holiday. This is being worked on and more info should be posted tomorrow. Thanks for your support and patience.
* Donation Subscriptions: Players who have active subscriptions but have not been credited for them in the past 2 or 3 weeks should please open a help ticket with SUBSCRIPTION in the title and it will be handled ASAP. I am very sorry for the problem but there was a grave technical error that has prevented them from being processed properly. Please specify if you have a credit card or Paypal subscription and if it is a Paypal subscription include your Paypal email address.
* Donation Updates: A new donation level at the $20 and $40 mark has been added with 5 DP being added at each. The $50 bonus has also been bumped from 10 DP to 15 DP. This will affect donations of all types including subscriptions and will be retroactive for subscriptions with the balance being updated the next time your subscription is processed if you are owed any DP. For instance if your subscription is currently at the $30 mark you will get the bonus from the $20 mark the next time your sub is due
* Fixed some inconsistancies with the donation subscription code that was improperly awarding bonus DP, typically to the detriment of players. If you think you were shorted donation points on your last subscription processing, you can either wait for the next cycle when it will be automatically corrected or you can open a help ticket.
* Donation Subscriptions: If you have not received donation points from a recent subscription and do not already have an open ticket, please open one so that I can look into it as soon as possible. Please specify if you have a Paypal or credit card based subscription, and if it is from Paypal please include your Paypal email address.
* Mostly weeding through help tickets today and making minor changes. Also added some pop-up text to the Help page when submitting a Donation Related ticket that asks people to remember to include their Paypal email address if they are referencing a pending donation (or subscription). Otherwise I have to ask for it and wait for you to reply and you don't get helped as quickly
Is it true? Do you really suck that bad??
Neveron Promo Code: online gaming rocks
Loc: New York
Re: Donation Subscriptions
#149735 - 03/01/08 02:09 AM (22.214.171.124)
So, as you can see this program has evolved over time, and like any other part of Neveron, has needed attetntion now and then. So if you should have some issue with your Subscription, simply open a Donation Help ticket.
I have personally had a subscription since 12/31/05...and Wayward_Son has ALWAYS fixed any related issues that may have occured. In fact, he usually found the issues before I did. So any fears you may have after listening to some Nev Basher, you need not worry. Neveron will honor and fix any subscription issues within the rules as stated right here.
Promotions may vary depending on when you signed up for your subscription. Most promotions are time-dependant, and will only be awarded once your subscription has continued for a determined period of time.
DONATION BONUSES: Donations of large amounts will earn a bonus as shown. Basically, the more you donate the bigger the bonus. So for example, donate $50 and you'll receive 65 donation points. Donate $150 and you'll get 215 in donation points (the extra 65 is the bonus for donating $100 and $50 which are cumulative until you hit the next highest level), etc.. This only applies to single donations! If you donate $5 a day for 10 days in a row you will not get the bonus award!
PLEASE NOTE: an exception to this policy is large donations, which are treated as a straight percentage bonus. Any single donation of $1000 or more is doubled.
Donation Amount Bonus
NOTE: This bonus rate has been recently updated and I have edited the above information to reflect the most current bonus amounts. The current Donation page still lists the OLDER lower bonus rates in the text, but the chart is correct. - ShadowMasterCM
Donation Point benefit costs are subject to change without warning. While we try to make changes to donation benefits as infrequently as possible, several changes per year typically occur.
To create a Donation Profile click one of the obivous Donate links near the top and bottom of this page.
Neveron is a work-in-progress and when you donate you must realize that you are not buying a game. You are not buying a service. You are not buying anything at all. You are voluntarily giving money which will be used for further development of the game Neveron and to support those who bring the game to you. If you are not comfortable with giving money to support the development of an incomplete game, do not donate.
Donations are non-refundable. If you have questions about how this page works, or specific questions about any donation item, please ask before using your donation points. Once used, they cannot be refunded.
All donations are logged, and all DP expenditures are logged, so it is easy to validate what has been applied in the event of questions arising if an error occurs while using DP. If DP is directly lost due to a bug (this does not included losses of units, people or land acquired with DP!) the DP will be refunded.
That said, I hope everyone will find the game enjoyable enough even with the bugs and problems to contribute. We rely on you to support this project, and greatly appreciate any help.
Now that you have all the facts in front of you...I will add my personal pitch to the highlights of a subscription and why I have one.
First, most of you have played one game or another online and paid to do so. I have heard of some games charging as much as $20 a month to play. Some of us have other vices that we spend $20 easily on every month [cigarettes and alcohol are just 2]. I look at the cost of going to a single movie...and the short period of time I am entertained from it. Not to mention the need to do things on a restricted time frame, ie, a movie show schedule. All in all, I figure my subscription is one of the best values for my dollar out there. There are far to many places we can all find $20 a month if we really wanted to 'boost' our empires in Neveron...so I dont feel sorry for most who say they "cant afford to DP".
Now, for the 'perks' of subscriptions...
The 'bonus' DP earned at each donation level, as explained in the first update announcing the Subscription program, is almost perk enuff to consider a subscription. If you cant ever come up with $50 at one time, and wont ever get that levels bonus, then a sub is how you can get that bonus and more.
A sub started for $20, earns you the 20 DP, plus the bonus for that amount. Great! Now next month you sub for another $20...same thing all over. Go you! Now the THIRD month is where the bonus sub kicks in and you make out. You TOTAL sub donation now hits $60, and so you now earn the $50 level bonus, on top of your regular 20 DP. This continues on FOREVER! Ever time you reach the next bonus level, you get that next bonus as well. $100, $200, $500 and so on.
Should you maintain your subscription long enuff to hit the $1000 level, all future monthly subscription donations will be paid at the DOUBLE BONUS rate, for the remaining life of that subscription...all this from your much smaller monthly donation over time. You hear many players talking about how they have played 2, 3 or even more years...so reaching the 1k level is possible. At the $20 level...after just over 4 years, you earn double DP for life.
This may all sound good...but its not even the good part as far as Im concerned!
If you skim down into the updates a lil farther, there is a list of the benefits...
2nd Month...After a sub has been active for 2 months...you earn an additional benefit of DP purchase ANY level RB for 50% of the regular DP cost. Thats a savings of 3 to 100 DP, depending on the RB level you select.
Now some of you might say so what, others who dont like to wait for things are more interested. Wait, it gets better...
3rd Month...impatient types, you always wanted to get a Technology Center [TC]...well for just 40 DP, you can now get one. Regular price is currently 75 DP. It includes all the buildable space needed like a regualr DP'd TC. So thats a savings of 35 DP.
An additional note to consider, that TC can be placed anywhere in your empire. This would include your so incredibly well defended core city, currently maxed out and doubled. This DPd for instant TC includes the buildable space needed. Factor in the cost of getting additional buildable space into any particular zone [at 1 2 or 3 DP per 10 added], and that 40 TC price doesnt look to shabby after all.
Just for giggles, they toss in a free 5 DP this month as well.
Some of you will say you can build em cheaper etc etc...fine...theres more...
4th Month...for you almighty War Monger types...ever wonder why the other guy never seems to miss...and all you do is roll low to hits? Well there's a decent chance he is using the "Good" or "Exceptional" Gunners...a DP only option. "Good" turns a normally missed '2' roll into a '12' to hit roll. "Exceptional" makes a '3' miss into an '11' hit. With the subscription discount, you can save from 10 to 40 DP.
Im sure there are still a few of you that are still saying so what...to save the DP you need to spend DP to use those features...now here is where things start to get interesting...
6th Month...Ever had a Pilot get killed in a battle before? Most Land War players out there have prolly lost a few along the way. The more active you are the more likely you will lose one. It happens. Current prices tho to ressurect that pilot from the after life? 4 DP. There have been a lot of negative gunners lost out there...now you get it back for free.
You get 1 FREE Resurrection for the LIFE of the sub...essentially a free 4 DP every month!
9th Month...Got any mechs that are sitting in your emps and are all screwed up? Last repair didnt go so well? Cant find the engine or limb needed? DP repair for mechs range from 1 to 4 DP for regular mechs, and as high as 10 DP for Donation only mechs like the Stone Rhino. I am not certain if this option will fix the donation only mechs, but I know this will fix any regular mech.
You get 1 FREE Mech Repair for the LIFE of the sub...again a potential gain of 1 to 4 [possibly as much as 10 DP] FREE DP every month!
Now, when I view my subscription benefits page, I see a new option 'Weekly Mech Discount". I cant find any more info on that atm...but if thats a benefit added later, then thats an additional savings you can get from having a subscription.
If I recall the convo I had with an Admin, I think they said it was going to be a discount on the DP price of a selected mech, a new one each week. Similar to the idea where Neveron used to place certain Mechs 'on sale' in the updates, only this would be special offers to the subs only. I am not sure that this benefit was ever activated, so assume for now that this is not available until you see a new update stating otherwise.
There is a decent chance that WWS could add additional perks to this program as well...you never know.
Edited by ShadowMasterCM (08/14/08 11:15 PM)
Loc: New York
Re: Donation Subscriptions
#160205 - 02/06/11 09:24 PM (126.96.36.199)
Subscriptions are cuurently NOT available. The code is getting an overhaul and will return at some point in the future.
I will be revamping the Subscription Program as well as the benfits.
Please watch in game updates for the latest information
Is it true? Do you really suck that bad??
Neveron Promo Code: online gaming rocks
Edited by ShadowMasterCM (07/16/12 11:53 AM)