1 Flamer H 1 1
1 CASE LT 1 0.5
2 SRM-6 LA 4 6
2 Ammo (SRM-6) 15 LA 2 2
2 Double Heat Sink LT 6 2
2 Artemis IV FCS LA 2 2
2 Double Heat Sink RT 6 2

Overview:
The Alpharus first came to light during the Star League. It was the follow up progect to the successful Mjollnir Assault mech. While not as popular, it still found a good home in the Star League Defense Force, and was a welcome addition to the Generals forces during his march back to Terra. The fact that there are still operational Alpharus mechs from that era in use today is a testament to the durability of the machine.

Capabilities:
The Alpharus can be functional in a fire support role with the dual Ultra class autocannons, or as a close up brawler utilizing blistering laser barrages followed by murderous short range missle salvos. It carries case to protect the pilot and the machine in the case of an ammo explosion, and the 18 and a half tons of armor protection make sure that does not happen for a while. It carries ample ammunition for the cannons and the missle launchers to last through most engagments. While the machine can overheat easily, a skilled pilot should have no real problem.

Configuration / Variants:
While there may have been variants on the drawing board at the time of its initial construction, nothing has been planned at this time. Developers and engineers are looking into the viabilty of resurrecting the design for modern day use.

Battle History:
In the late 3030's, Bob Stonkin piloted his Alpharus during a particulary grueling pirate hunting assignment. While no details were made public, his was the only machine to return in one piece.

Deployment:
The only known existing Alpharus machines are either hidden in Comstar armories, a Star League cache, or in operation with the Stonkin Mechs Inc mercenary unit. Ground Zero also has several located at their manufacturing plant on Solaris.
One by one, the rabbits are stealing my sanity.....
Karagin
04/14/08 08:13 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Like the fluff, the mech I would need to use in a game to give you a good opinion on.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Fang
04/15/08 04:49 PM

Let me know how it works out. Always anxious to hear how one of GZT's designs perform.
Fang
05/01/08 11:10 AM

I think a good variant for this machine is replacing the Autocannons and Ammo with three ppc's. Two arm mounted and the third housed in the torso. Not sure what to do with the extra half ton floating around from the no longer needed case in that torso. Maybe try to cram just a little more armor on or something.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 100 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5397

Contact Admins Sarna.net