Blazzer, Blazzer II, Blazzer IIC & IIC2

Pages: 1
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
06/18/08 04:29 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I might add fluff at a later date but this is the base design for my mech. It has speed armor and hard hitting weapons for a pre 3050 mech.

Technology Base: -innersphere L1

Equipment Mass 75
Internal Structure: 7.5 standard
Engine: 300
Walking MP: 4
Running MP: 6
Jumping MP: 4
Heat Sinks: 18 standard
Gyro: 3
Cockpit: 3
Armor Factor: standard 231 14.5t

Internal armor/armor
Head 3/9
Center Torso 23/35
Center Torso(rear) -/11
R/L Torso 16/25
R/L Torso(rear) -/7
R/L Arm 12/24
R/L Leg 16/32

Weapons and Ammo Location Critical Tonnage
Large Laser LA 2 5
3 Med Laser LT 3 3
Large Laser RA 2 5
3 Med Laser RT 3 3

----------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the Post 3050

Technology Base: -innersphere L3

Equipment Mass 75
Internal Structure: -Endo Steel 3.75t
Engine: 375 XL
Walking MP: 5
Running MP: 8
Jumping MP: 5
Heat Sinks: 16 (32) Double
Gyro: 2 XL
Armor Factor: Standard 231 14.5t

Internal Armor/Armor
Head 3/9
Center Torso 23/35
Center Torso(rear) -/11
R/L Torso 16/25
R/L Torso(rear) -7
R/L Arm 12/24
R/L Leg 16/32

Component Armor Cockpit H - 1
VR Targeting Computer H 1 .5
ER Large Laser LA 2 5
5 Med Lasers LT 5 5
ER Large Laser RA 2 5
5 Med Lasers 5 5

----------------------------------------------------------------
This is the Clan IIC

Technology Base: - Clan L3

Equipment Mass 75
Internal Structure: -Endo Steel
Jumping MP: 5
Heat Sinks: 14(28) Double
Gyro: 4
Armor Factor: Ferro-Fibrous 230 12t

Internal Armor/Armor
Internal Armor/Armor
Head 3/9
Center Torso 23/35
Center Torso(rear) -/10
R/L Torso 16/25
R/L Torso(rear) -7
R/L Arm 12/24
R/L Leg 16/32

ER Large Laser LA 1 4
3 Pulse Lasers LT 3 6
ER Large Laser RA 1 4
3 Pulse Lasers RT 3 6
Targeting Computer LT 2 2
Targeting Computer RT 2 2

---------------------------------------------------------------
This is the Clan IIC2

Technology Base: - Clan L3

Equipment Mass 75
Internal Structure: -Endo Steel
Jumping MP: 0
Heat Sinks: 19(38) Double
Gyro: 4
Armor Factor: Ferro-Fibrous 230 12t

Internal Armor/Armor
Head 3/9
Center Torso 23/35
Center Torso(rear) -/10
R/L Torso 16/25
R/L Torso(rear) -7
R/L Arm 12/24
R/L Leg 16/32

5 Pulse Lasers LT 5 10
5 Pulse Lasers RT 5 10
Targeting Computer LT 2 2
Targeting Computer RT 2 2

The IIC2 is not as maneuverable as the IIC but its harder hitting at closer range
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!

Edited by His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey (06/18/08 11:09 PM)
Lafeel
06/18/08 04:49 PM

Hm..

One big flaw with both the IIC versions, you have to have the targeting computer in one location, you can't split it like that.

And secondly, and this is potentially even worse, the targeting computer, and pulse lasers, don't work together, at all. You can't get the specific advantages of using a targeting computer while using them.
06/18/08 06:20 PM

From my rule book you can use "ANY" direct fire weapon with an advanced targeting computer system. That includes the Pulse laser. And also targeting computers have to be put in full ton blocks. So as far as my rule book is concerned its all legal. Battletech Compendium page 120-121 targeting computer.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Lafeel
06/18/08 06:59 PM

Not according to Total Warfare (the Catalyst games version) you can't. Guess they decided that the combination of pulse lasers/rac's/ultra ac's and targetting computers was a little too good, so they nerfed it. *can see where they're coming for all right*
06/18/08 06:59 PM

Oh by the way I love lasers. You will find that my designs are either laser only or will have one or two main non laser weapon (normally its gauss rifles) the lots of back up lasers. The one exception to that is an Archer that has 6 MRM 10 packs. But its for bombardment attacks ageist cities or LZs where collateral damage is a bonus. Ya I know, you cant use MRM for indirect fire. But I use the rule that what goes up must come down. And when the target is a mile accost. You cant miss!!!

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Lafeel
06/18/08 07:02 PM

Now you sound like a Wobbie..
06/18/08 07:03 PM

I totally agree. It is over powering. But that still does not make my mech non legal via the rules that I use.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Lafeel
06/18/08 07:09 PM

It's still illegal till you have all the crit slots in one place, the rules have always been like that. Should be a easy fix though.

Oh and what on earth is a vr targeting computer? I've heard of targeting computers, but this is the first time I've heard of a vr one..

Edited by Lafeel (06/18/08 07:13 PM)
Lafeel
06/18/08 10:37 PM

The Blazzer standard is 4 tons under weight

The Blazzer II sounds off as well, but I can't accurately calculate it due to the lvl 3 tech not to mention the fact that calculating in quarters is level 3

The Blazzer IIC is three and a half tons under weight, and illegal due to the critical allocation of the targeting computer

And the Blazzer IIC-2 just doesn't add up at all.
06/18/08 10:46 PM

Quote:

??? A Wobbie? Thats a new one on me. If thats a gamer term I would not know it. I don't keep up on slang

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Lafeel
06/18/08 10:46 PM

Quote:

Quote:

??? A Wobbie? Thats a new one on me. If thats a gamer term I would not know it. I don't keep up on slang

Word of Blake follower, sorry. And it's from a novel.
06/18/08 11:01 PM

Quote:

It's still illegal till you have all the crit slots in one place, the rules have always been like that. Should be a easy fix though.

In the rule book that I use. You have to place it in full ton lots but it does not say they all have to be in one place. Quoting the book "The size and weight of an advanced targeting computer depends on the amount of direct-fire weaponry it will control. For every 5 tons or fraction thereof of direct-fire weapons it will control, the targeting computer requires 1 ton and 1 critical space" unquote. Where you get that it all has to be in the same place from that I have no clue.

Quote:

Oh and what on earth is a vr targeting computer? I've heard of targeting computers, but this is the first time I've heard of a vr one..

Variable targeting computer its lvl 3 tech. The book is Tech something or something Tech. I don't have that book in my truck. I left it in storage.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Lafeel
06/18/08 11:03 PM

Maximum Tech. And remember what it says very early on in it "Everything in Maximum Tech is level 3 tech (illegal in tournaments, and doesn't canonically exist in the Battletech universe), unless otherwise noted. *has it, but doesn't use it at all any more*
06/18/08 11:13 PM

Quote:

The Blazzer standard is 4 tons under weight

The Blazzer II sounds off as well, but I can't accurately calculate it due to the lvl 3 tech not to mention the fact that calculating in quarters is level 3

The Blazzer IIC is three and a half tons under weight, and illegal due to the critical allocation of the targeting computer

And the Blazzer IIC-2 just doesn't add up at all.

the Blazzer IIC-2 was incorrect I had the med pulse Lasers as 3 6 and not 5 10 also I had the tech lvl at 2 and not 3. But that was the only errors. You might want to get a new calculator.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Lafeel
06/18/08 11:15 PM

I'd have to get a new operating system to do that as I used the one windows comes with. :P Double check your calculations, as I triple check mine before posting them.
06/18/08 11:17 PM

Quote:

Maximum Tech. And remember what it says very early on in it "Everything in Maximum Tech is level 3 tech (illegal in tournaments, and doesn't canonically exist in the Battletech universe), unless otherwise noted. *has it, but doesn't use it at all any more*

Well since I will never play in a tournament and I play under house rules. I am not that concerned about it.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Karagin
10/23/09 12:01 PM

Actually guys what changed is that the -2 the pulse laser had and the -1 the TC gives can not be combined. So if you have the TC and the Pulse Lasers, you only get the bonus of the -1 to the to hit roll, not -3 as it was before.

That alone is a major change and brings the weapons back out of munchkin land. Now what this really means is that the munchkins will drop the TCs from their uber-mechs and mount more lasers or heat sinks in place of the TC.

So it is a design issue, do you want the option of better manual firing aka the pulse -2 bonus or do you want more control of the TC so you can get the Gauss or AC in on things, thus tying everything into the TC for the -1.

Over all the designs are decent and while not ground breaking they are still tough nuts to crack.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
12/16/16 03:31 AM

After being gone for a good part of a year I decided to be a royal pain in the donkey by bringing up my old posts from the morgue and set loss some old post zombies. *Evil braying!!!*

I will see you again in another year or so

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 155 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 14080

Contact Admins Sarna.net