Assinine Industrys

Pages: 1
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
07/13/08 06:12 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Assinine Industrys Was started by Jack Borrlieo Jr with the aid of a copy of the Gray Death Legion memory core. Jack Borrlieo Jr obtained the copy of the memory core when he was a tech with the Gray Death Legion. He knew the value of the information on the memory core right off. After obtaining a copy of the memory core he left the service of the Gray Death Legion. He started to sale the info to anyone that would pay the price. His real cup de grace was selling a copy to the New Avalon Institute of Science for a very large some of money.

With the money that he obtained he hired a mercenary company to invade a soler system just out side of Davions influence. He did not just pick a world at random. I chose the system very carefully. He wanted a world that was able do be developed quickly and was earth like. He was aided by some traders to the current bandit king. Jack was quite willing to accept the help. But he knew that the first opportunity that the traders had they would stab him in the back. Soon after securing the system he handed the traders over to the population for trial. One of the things that Jack Borrlieo Jr made sure of was that all of the trials where fare. He did not let the people of the freed world execute just anyone. He did not want any witch trials.

Once the system was secured Jack Borrlieo Jr went to the Davion's so his world would be recognized by the Federated Suns as a free independent world. With the contacts that Jack made selling the memory core that did not prove to be as difficult as it could have been. He was also granted low interest loans to rebuild the world. Provided that all the money was spent buying stuff from the Federated Suns. With what he bought from the Federated Suns and at first cheep labor he rebuilt the world. With the world having a very high population cheep labor was everywhere. But as things improved the cost of rebuilding the world kept going up. Jack did not mind the economy was growing a lot faster then the costs where. Before long Assinine Industrys was up and running with its first exports to the Federated Suns. Less than ten years later Assinine Industrys was building combat vehicles not only for the Federated Suns but the other houses and free systems.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Dester
07/14/08 11:30 AM

Interesting concept, though some of the details don't seam very realistic. First, Grayson Carlyl was giving the memory cores away for free and Impressed on all that he gave the cores to do that. According to the last book in the orignal trilogy about the Grey death legion, carson thought that some would take the cores because they thought they would profit from them, but since he was copying and giving them away for free, not many would make much off them.

Nit picking but ... trader = someone who facilitates the transfer of good, services or other comodities, usually for proffit.
traitor = somone who betrays an organization that they belong to, usually for some profit or other personal motivation.

Im not the best speller in the world either, but the difference in this case makes the story a little confusing untill you figure out that distinction

Next, you won't really find a ready made planet in the periphery with earth like conditions of water, soil and stuff with a large population already in place. Especially not one where a small pirate contengency can keep them down and opressed. Infantry might be squishy against a battlemech, but enough of them will take one down really quick like. A more likely senerio would be to find one that is "off the grid" so to speak with a small population and a pirate unit using it for a base. Then taking in 4th succession war refugees/ settlers ect.

And finally the name... really? While midly amusing, no one would take it serious and some would be out right offended and refuse to do buissness with your company. Some companies even have to worry about what their initials spell out. While a funny movie "accepted" had a kid make up a collage South Harmon Institue of Technology. While the name sounds like a good reputable company, if you spell out its initials would basicly offend people/ goverments and they would be forced to change it.

/shrug just my thoughts

Dester
sdog
07/14/08 03:05 PM

shouldn't it be spelled Asinine? As the adjective is derived from the latin asininus not from the old english assa.

I don't quite understand Dester's point however, why should this name upset someone. While being considered a bit dumb, an ass is a very industrious animal. Not bad a choice for an industry mascott.

btw, i'm not a native english speaker, and in particular not an us american speaker, so it was a bit difficult to read.

I realised soon that the fun part of playing a military game is that we have lots of lifes and in the end knowone dies, ...

- Skaven, ArmA modding community
Dester
07/14/08 05:16 PM

sdog, yes the ass, otherwise known as a donkey (where he got the name) is indeed a hard working durable animal, the term Asinine is often associated with its other meaning.

adj.
1) Utterly stupid or silly: asinine behavior.
2) Of, relating to, or resembling an ass.

/shrug Really America is to stuck up and hooked on words that have vulgur conotations. If you say Ass here, most people will automaticly associate it with a particular body part, instead of the animal. not saying I agree with it, but its a fact of life.

still a good concept... with enough money you can buy all the machine tools you need as long as your not doing anything crazy. I question how prevelent any of the level 2 (star leauge) tech would be though as it took the NAIS the better part of 20 years to start to decode the stuff and they were spose to be the best and brightest with virtually unlimited funds and all the infastructur to imidiately develop proto types and stuff.

Dester
07/16/08 12:03 AM

Quote:

Interesting concept, though some of the details don't seam very realistic. First, Grayson Carlyl was giving the memory cores away for free and Impressed on all that he gave the cores to do that. According to the last book in the orignal trilogy about the Grey death legion, carson thought that some would take the cores because they thought they would profit from them, but since he was copying and giving them away for free, not many would make much off them.

Nit picking but ... trader = someone who facilitates the transfer of good, services or other comodities, usually for proffit.
traitor = somone who betrays an organization that they belong to, usually for some profit or other personal motivation.

Im not the best speller in the world either, but the difference in this case makes the story a little confusing untill you figure out that distinction

Next, you won't really find a ready made planet in the periphery with earth like conditions of water, soil and stuff with a large population already in place. Especially not one where a small pirate contengency can keep them down and opressed. Infantry might be squishy against a battlemech, but enough of them will take one down really quick like. A more likely senerio would be to find one that is "off the grid" so to speak with a small population and a pirate unit using it for a base. Then taking in 4th succession war refugees/ settlers ect.

And finally the name... really? While midly amusing, no one would take it serious and some would be out right offended and refuse to do buissness with your company. Some companies even have to worry about what their initials spell out. While a funny movie "accepted" had a kid make up a collage South Harmon Institue of Technology. While the name sounds like a good reputable company, if you spell out its initials would basicly offend people/ goverments and they would be forced to change it.

/shrug just my thoughts

Dester

I tried to edit it like the spelling but it wont let me. BTW I use a spell checker a LOT! I also miss spelled Jacks last name it should have been Jack Burrlieo Jr. See Jack is a male ass and burro is Spanish for ass. I am trying to get as many ass references in as I possibly can.

As for the company name I love asses *the animal* And yes an ass is the company's mascot and on the corp. logo. I have not exactly decided what that will be just yet. I don' know if I want a life like or a robotic ass on the logo. I might change the spelling of the company's name a bit but not much.

Why would I not find a earth type planet in the periphery? For what ever reason it stayed undeveloped and ignored. As for the ruler keeping the population under control. Rome in its heyday had more slaves that free people. Threaten people with death and they submit. People in the free world don't know how easy it is to enslave and dehumanize another person. There was a University study done I think in the 60s or early 70s *I am guessing on the era. I am going by how the people where dressed in the footage.* to see how people would let them selfs submit to the control of others. The study was brought to a quick end before it was over. Because there was fear that permanent psychological damage would be done to the student volunteers. If I remember right it was one in many studies to see how the Nazis kept in power.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!

Edited by His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey (07/16/08 12:37 AM)
07/16/08 12:12 AM

Quote:

sdog, yes the ass, otherwise known as a donkey (where he got the name) is indeed a hard working durable animal, the term Asinine is often associated with its other meaning.

adj.
1) Utterly stupid or silly: asinine behavior.
2) Of, relating to, or resembling an ass.

/shrug Really America is to stuck up and hooked on words that have vulgur conotations. If you say Ass here, most people will automaticly associate it with a particular body part, instead of the animal. not saying I agree with it, but its a fact of life.

still a good concept... with enough money you can buy all the machine tools you need as long as your not doing anything crazy. I question how prevelent any of the level 2 (star leauge) tech would be though as it took the NAIS the better part of 20 years to start to decode the stuff and they were spose to be the best and brightest with virtually unlimited funds and all the infastructur to imidiately develop proto types and stuff.

Dester

I my self don't like how people not only in the states but around the world degrade asses. I think asses are wonderful animals. What miffs me the most is people say being as smart as an ass is an insult. But asses are far more intelligent than any horse is. You cant work an ass to death but you can easily work a horse to death.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 71 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5728

Contact Admins Sarna.net