Pages: 1
adamwehn
04/11/08 11:27 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Anyone know what the BV of the Ammo is?
Tripod
04/14/08 05:24 AM

if it's listed in one of the new books i'll post it when i get home...otherwise, i cant help.
TBA
CrayModerator
04/14/08 08:59 AM

The IS Plasma Rifle has a BV2 of 210, while the ammo is 26/ton. Note that the ammo is not explosive.

The Clan Plasma Cannon has a BV2 of 170, while the ammo is 21/ton. Again, the PC ammo is not explosive.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
07/12/08 02:47 PM

What is a plasma rifle? Thats a new one on me
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Christopher_Perkins
07/12/08 11:42 PM

IIRC Plasma Rifle and Plasma Cannon started life as MF: UK Weapons and had a Rules Status of Level 3 (MF UK Level 3 Rules as per MaxTech) the old rules set but were not accorded "Canon" Status

They have since been adapted into Canon Tournament Legal Versions in Total Warfare / Tech Manual.

I Believe that the Non-Canon Level 3 Versions are available in Heavy Metal Pro 5.X if you set the rules level to 3, and turn on the MFUK Switch...
IDNR if the game play & Construction rules are similar or different from the TM/TW Canon versions...
The TM/TW Equipment will be included in HM Pro 6.
Christopher Robin Perkins

It is my opinion that all statements should be questioned, digested, disected, tasted, and then either spit out or adopted... RHIP is not a god given shield
Greyslayer
07/15/08 04:56 AM

Quote:

What is a plasma rifle? Thats a new one on me

Probably the last thing a vehicle player would say too

They are essentially fairly interesting if a little broken pieces of kit. The rifle does 10 point damage (5 point lots or am I confused with another weapon?... perhaps the HAGs in this case) plus 1d6 heat to mechs and nasty things to vehicles and infantry if not mechs .

Plasma Canons are the clans version and does straight heat (2d6 to mechs) and about 3d6 damage to vehicles I believe, they may do something extra as well but considering I haven't used them extensively I am a little lacking on their function.
Lafeel
07/15/08 04:26 PM

Greyslayer is right, exept that it does 10 points to one location. Kinda like a even meaner ppc..

Slightly shorter range though (same range as a standard large laser, iirc), and ammo dependent.
07/16/08 12:43 AM

What are the full stats and extra damage if any?
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Lafeel
07/16/08 08:03 AM

10 heat, 10 damage, 0/5/10/15 range, 10 shots per ton of ammo (non explosive), 6 tons of weight, takes up 2 critical slots, and causes 1d6 heat to any mech you hit with it.

edit: here, have a wiki

Edited by Lafeel (07/16/08 08:07 AM)
07/16/08 10:33 PM

12-22 damage points with 5/10/15 range! Can you say over powering?

As that weapon is now it has no place in any campaign that I will run.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Lafeel
07/17/08 09:00 AM

That is against vehicles only, I think..Or was it battle armored infantry. Against most things it just does the extra heat.
07/17/08 10:25 AM

Six to eight points of armor damage on average is a LOT of damage.

I think its just fine with out so much extra. It has the same range and does more damage than a large laser. It does the same damage but does not have the range of a PPC. But it falls in between the weights of the PPC and Large laser. Because of the ammo use. I can go for the heat damage but not the extra armor damage. The heat damage only lasts for one round.

If you dumped that it uses ammo at all use I think it would be perfect with out any of the extras.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
CrayModerator
07/17/08 09:33 PM

Quote:

They are essentially fairly interesting if a little broken pieces of kit.

If you get plasma weapons to work better than plain old armor-busters, more power to you. You're generally better off with Clan pulse large lasers (much higher damage, thanks to their to-hit bonuses) or Inner Sphere heavy PPCs and LBX autocannons.

Quote:

The rifle does 10 point damage (5 point lots or am I confused with another weapon?... perhaps the HAGs in this case) plus 1d6 heat to mechs and nasty things to vehicles and infantry if not mechs .

The plasma rifle does 10 points of damage plus 1d6 heat to units that track heat (mechs, fighters). Note TW's maximum external heat input rules.

To other units, the plasma rifle does 10 points plus 2d6 damage. The damage is applied in 5-point increments, unlike with mechs/fighters.

If you're fighting vehicles, you're better off with LBX weapons firing cluster shots. Unless you're fighting thin-skinned vehicles, you'll crit them to death faster with LBX weapons than a plasma rifle can punch through their armor.

Quote:

Plasma Canons are the clans version and does straight heat (2d6 to mechs) and about 3d6 damage to vehicles I believe, they may do something extra as well but considering I haven't used them extensively I am a little lacking on their function.

Right, 2d6 heat to heat-tracking units (and damage if you exceed external heat input limits). Non-heat tracking units take 3d6 damage in 5pt groups.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 93 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 9691

Contact Admins Sarna.net