Hang gliders (for 'Mechs)

Pages: 1
MaiShirunaiispretty
03/20/09 01:14 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
A hang glider for a 'Mech takes up one critical slot in a 'Mech's center torso location and masses 0.5 tons and costs 2500 C-Bills. It can be armored (another armor location). That hang glider for a 'Mech enables that 'Mech to perform AirMech jumpgliding movement (see rules for AirMech LAMs). That hang glider (if it's destroyed) causes a 'Mech to fall if that 'Mech is using that hang glider for movement. That hang glider can be removed by one or more 'Mech hand actuators. That hang glider is mounted on rear torso armor location.
Zandel_Corrin
03/22/09 11:43 PM

Galaxy Commander
Zandel Corrin
Night Dragon Clan
Newtype
03/24/09 02:46 PM

Put up or shut up, Zandel Corrin.
http://www.gp.org
http://www.VoteSwift.org
DOWN WITH CORPORATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!
POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
03/24/09 07:11 PM

Man, how many times was newtype hit with the moron stick? He must have been hit with the moron stick non stop for years, to have such great mount of stupidity.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Fang
03/25/09 06:45 AM

Explain to me how a half ton of hang glider is going to keep aloft 100 tons of battelemech for any amount of time.
One by one, the rabbits are stealing my sanity.....
GiovanniBlasini
03/25/09 09:58 PM

Quote:

Put up or shut up, Zandel Corrin.

Please show us the calculations you did to determine the amount of surface area that would be required to generate sufficient lift to keep a BattleMech aloft, the tensile strength of such material, and its mass per unit volume.

Keep in mind also that Tactical Operations introduced BattleMech Partial Wings, which mass more and have lower performance than your proposed hang gliders, and are made of more durable materials.
Member of the Pundit Caste
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that." -- Col. Saul Tigh, BSG2003
Prince_of_Darkness
03/26/09 02:15 PM

Put up or shut up, Newtype.
MaiShirunaiispretty
03/27/09 11:22 AM

I'll put up, Prince of Darkness. I chose 0.5 tons because I thought that would be sufficient armor metal. Let's remember with current rules, an aerofighter needs only 1 point of armor to make a wing, so two points of armor (0.125 tons) would make two wings. 0.5 tons should be sufficient.
Wow, those bracing maneuvers sure do come in handy when firing proximity fused precision cluster flak ammo at a Balancer LAM. Unfortunately they make my 'Mech an immobile target for that LAM. Oh well, at least I'm getting partial cover.
Prince_of_Darkness
03/27/09 11:39 AM

Quote:

I'll put up, Prince of Darkness. I chose 0.5 tons because I thought that would be sufficient armor metal. Let's remember with current rules, an aerofighter needs only 1 point of armor to make a wing, so two points of armor (0.125 tons) would make two wings. 0.5 tons should be sufficient.

Sure. I'll use a Striga with Precentor Baal of the 53rd Shadow division and remember that you are challenging me to a fight over the goddamned internet.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 107 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5998

Contact Admins Sarna.net