Getting back on track

Pages: 1
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
03/28/09 12:56 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I know that seeing how far newtype is willing to drop into stupidity, and bashing him for the entertainment value, we might want to get back to talking about subjects that have a relevance to really playing the game. Maybe someone might want to offer a mech design challenge or something.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Prince_of_Darkness
03/28/09 03:21 PM

Quote:

I know that seeing how far newtype is willing to drop into stupidity, and bashing him for the entertainment value, we might want to get back to talking about subjects that have a relevance to really playing the game. Maybe someone might want to offer a mech design challenge or something.

The problem with that is because there are so many other battletech websites out there. See, Sarna was made for Neveron, not for battletech initially. Because of this, the forums for BT here are second-rate, as the ones on places like Solaris 7 and Classicbattletech are always going to be better. But since this is the only site I can view with my school computer BT-wise, I have been thinking of starting a few up.
GiovanniBlasini
03/29/09 06:53 AM

Quote:

The problem with that is because there are so many other battletech websites out there.

Pretty much. Sarna's #3 for me, with HeavyMetalPro trailing it, and the official forums at classicbattletech.com and my own forums at btechunits.com well ahead of it. And, btechunits.com suffers a bit (not as bad as Sarna, though), for the exact reasons you mentioned.

Quote:

See, Sarna was made for Neveron, not for battletech initially. Because of this, the forums for BT here are second-rate, as the ones on places like Solaris 7 and Classicbattletech are always going to be better. But since this is the only site I can view with my school computer BT-wise, I have been thinking of starting a few up.

I could've sworn that Sarna predates Neveron.
Member of the Pundit Caste
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that." -- Col. Saul Tigh, BSG2003
Prince_of_Darkness
03/29/09 12:31 PM

Quote:

Quote:

See, Sarna was made for Neveron, not for battletech initially. Because of this, the forums for BT here are second-rate, as the ones on places like Solaris 7 and Classicbattletech are always going to be better. But since this is the only site I can view with my school computer BT-wise, I have been thinking of starting a few up.

Huh. I remember finding it 5 years ago (when I was in 8th grade) but since I could not install the program on my home computer, I never went with it.
Lafeel
03/29/09 02:13 PM

Sarna isn't bad at all, the only problem is that the mods seem to be mia..Or not wanting to touch this whole thing at all.
CrayModerator
03/29/09 05:49 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Huh. I remember finding it 5 years ago (when I was in 8th grade) but since I could not install the program on my home computer, I never went with it.

Sarna existed as a CBT website long before starting to host Neveron forums. I don't know if Neveron predates Sarna or vice versa otherwise.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Kovax
03/30/09 10:46 AM

I'd use classicbattletech.com if I could, but the registration thing keeps telling me "die robot", and won't let me register.
Prince_of_Darkness
03/30/09 10:56 AM

Quote:

I'd use classicbattletech.com if I could, but the registration thing keeps telling me "die robot", and won't let me register.

Might want to email them about that.
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 114 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5879

Contact Admins Sarna.net