Armor 40 2.5t

Front 20
LT/RT 8
Back 4
Turret

Weapons/ammo
LRM 5 front 2
LRM ammo 18 .75

Before you gripe I used fractional construction rules. Here is a fast attack hover craft. Its best used with hit and run tactics.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Newtype
04/28/09 06:23 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Here's what I recommend: drop some front armor in exchange for a 360 degree turret for the LRM5.
http://www.gp.org
http://www.VoteSwift.org
DOWN WITH CORPORATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!
POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
04/28/09 07:12 PM

No. That would weaken the design.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Prince_of_Darkness
04/29/09 09:06 PM

Don't worry about the fractional accounting; some level one tanks (like the Shrek PPC boat) cannot be built without it (but they aren't using ammo, but eh, what the hell).

As for the vehicle, I like it as a fast skirmisher. But I feel like the LRM and the oddly placed armor doesn't do it any service- you move 13/20, why not use it? I say, replace the LRM 5 and it's 0.75 tons of ammo for an equally-sized SRM 4 and 0.75 tons of ammo combination. Heck, if you are worried about the fractional accounting, you could just round it all up- you'd only lose about 0.25-0.75 tons. And you might want to think about re-displacing your armor, probably 12 front, 10 L/R side, and 8 Rear- that way, if you had to run away, you could withstand a Large Laser to your rear end.

You might also want to think about a machine gun-toting variant, for some anti-infantry capabilities.
04/30/09 12:29 AM

The reason I used so much armor in the front that is where I am expecting most of the weapon fire will be coming from. Its speed is a more effective defense from the rear. With its speed what is the chance with it traveling the other direction of it being hit. Distance is also a defense. Distance is not as good of a defense from attacks from the front that is why the armor is so high in the front.

The reason I use the LRM instead of the SRM is range. The farther away they can hit the enemy the farther the enemy has to fire to hit them back. Again the idea is using range will help protect them.

I guess I could make a variant with two SRM 2s

cost 129,625 Cbills

tech level 2L
chassis hover
tank weight 11t
engine 60 ICE 3t
cruse speed 13
Flank speed 20
Lift/rotor/other 1.1t
control .55t
IS 1.1t

Armor 48 3t

Front 20
LT/RT 10
Back 8
Turret

Weapons/ammo
2 SRM 2 front 2
SRM ammo 12 .25

Because of the likely hood of more accurate return fire. I increased the side and rear armor at the cost of ammo.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
12/16/16 03:34 AM

After being gone for a good part of a year I decided to be a royal pain in the donkey by bringing up my old posts from the morgue and set loss some old post zombies. *Evil braying!!!*

I will see you again in another year or so

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
ghostrider
12/16/16 11:54 AM

I have to agree with a turret being a good idea for this unit. But you should be able to avoid it as long as you are not fighting things like a firemoth, or some other extremely fast mechs.

Depending on the time it came out, Ferrous Fiber might be a good upgrade/option. A little more armor though the cost goes up.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 161 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 7393

Contact Admins Sarna.net