Battletech: The Video Game!

Pages: 1
LargeLaser
04/29/09 12:43 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Hi everyone,

I've been lurking around here for a day or two and finally got the courage to make my first post. In my spare time, over the last few years, I've created a Battletech video game that is translation of the classic board game rules into a PC game. It uses the 4th edition as a foundation for the turn-based combat. The twist is that the game uses a 'real time' combat resolution after you plan out your turns.

Anyone interested should check it out. Download it from Here!.

It's a single player game (against AI), and uses most of the mechs from the original game, so Wasps, Marauders, Rifleman etc (should fuel the raging debate about stealing from Macross at least ).

I would love to get any feedback or suggestions from you guys, thanks for reading!

Cheers,
LargeLaser
Zandel_Corrin
04/29/09 07:49 PM

This game does work to an extent....

I can't get DFA to work for me but the comp player uses it.

No campaign mode just yet only random 150, 200 and 250 Ton total 2 player matches (human vs comp).

Only a few mechs so far as well.... Rifleman, Crusader, Warhammer, Wasp and two or three others i can't think of now.

Nice game tho.... good to see someone make an attempt...

I'd like to see Human vs Human play.... and maybe a dialog of what shots hit and what didn't.
Galaxy Commander
Zandel Corrin
Night Dragon Clan
LargeLaser
04/29/09 11:01 PM

hey,

thanks for trying it out!

yeah, the 'Death From Above' attack isn't too intuitive I'm afraid, basically you can only stomp on enemies which are stationary, so either they've fallen or powered down - or you won the initiative and see that they chose not to move. Once that happens, just issue a move order into their hex, and watch the hilarity

I'm planning on adding the other mechs from the usual suspects; BattleMaster, Wolverine etc. which should beef up the contests a bit.

When you mention human Vs. human, did you mean online? I could add functionality where 2 people play on the same PC fairly easily if that would be fun, but networking would be a bit tricky..

again, thanks for the feedback, hope you got a few giggles out of it!

cheers
Zandel_Corrin
04/29/09 11:20 PM

I did try that but it still didn't work for me.

Yeah i mean hot seat... same PC.... should be easy enough cause of it's turn based nature.
Galaxy Commander
Zandel Corrin
Night Dragon Clan
LargeLaser
04/30/09 01:10 AM

hmm, weird. Sure you have the 'Jump' move mode selected?
Zandel_Corrin
04/30/09 03:16 AM

I did have but no joy...
Galaxy Commander
Zandel Corrin
Night Dragon Clan
LargeLaser
05/04/09 12:59 AM

hi guys,

for anyone interested, I've uploaded the latest version of my game, version beta 96. The main new feature is that it allows 2 human players to battle it out with each other. It's the absolute basics, so both players need to share the same PC, but it's pretty good fun.

the other big feature is two new game modes ('skirmish' for single player, and 'competition' for multi player) where you can choose which mechs make up your team, instead of having to rely on the random teams.

also added a new mech; the Thunderbolt, by popular demand amongst a host of other small tweaks.

download from here! to get the latest version.

thanks for reading,

LargeLaser
KamikazeJohnson
05/04/09 10:05 PM

ooh...T-Bolt is in...I gotta try it out now ;-)
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
Tripod
05/25/09 07:46 AM

sweet! cant wait to get home and check it out!
TBA
Tripod
05/25/09 10:47 AM

I'm having some isses. It told me I needed .net...? I installed it and tried again and it says the same thing? Running XP sp2 I installed dotnetfx35setup. What did I miss?
TBA
LargeLaser
05/30/09 04:16 PM

Hi,
I started this game quite a long time ago, and since then there have been many releases of the Dot Net framework, and I think the latest (3.5) doesn't have some of the older interfaces my game requires
to fix it, you can download the older framework (1.1) from microsoft directly (Here).

that's the one disadvantage of working with the C# language; having to rely on the frameworks being installed.

thanks for trying it out, hope you manage to get it running - let me know if you have any more difficulties, and I'm sure we can sort it out!

cheers
Pages: 1
Extra information
2 registered and 71 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6763

Contact Admins Sarna.net