Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
The tradeshow has finally opened at Classic Battletech.com's forums

Click here to enter the event center

Have a look.

KitK
KitK
05/15/09 04:37 PM

Just a bump to encourage you to follow the link to the tradeshow.

KK
Prince_of_Darkness
05/15/09 05:25 PM

I am, it's just that I can't go to Classicbattletech.com anymore due to my school computer.
Fang
07/31/09 01:47 PM

So, what happened? I can't follow the link due to work filters. Stupid, I know.
One by one, the rabbits are stealing my sanity.....
KitK
07/31/09 02:33 PM

Blakists petrogel-bombed the tradeshow facility.

Seriously though, it was a huge disappointment for me. After setting it all up I had less than 5 entries, and half were my own, which I made in an attempt to get things rolling. So I guess our little upstart imaginary industries will not be unseating the grand Inner Sphere imanginary industries from dominance in the battlemech market anytime soon!

KK
Fang
08/12/09 01:12 PM

Damn Blakists.
One by one, the rabbits are stealing my sanity.....
Karagin
08/12/09 05:31 PM

Depends...if you post more here then there, over at Rick's site or Mordels....you might get more folks interested...not everyone goes to CBT for various reasons.

I like this place, Mordels and Ricks' far more then the CBT site. So if I had seen this sooner, I would have added in a few ideas. You need to spread the word further out there to get to everyone...something TPTB seem to keep missing when it comes advertisement.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Bob_Richter
08/13/09 05:51 PM

I'm sorry man, I didn't even know about it.

I mean, I'm technically a retired 'Mech designer, and the format looks a little daunting, but I might have given it a try.
-Bob (The Magnificent) Richter

Assertions made in this post are the humble opinion of Bob.
They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
:)
KitK
08/13/09 07:14 PM

RE:Bob_Richter
Yes, it was a bit daunting. Lots of people had trouble with my "simplified" mech submission format (which admittedly took a little extra work to calculate and format depending on design platform). And after assembling the list of about 75 mechs it didn't get and less difficult to judge which to "buy" from all the new mechs, as most would be untested by the "buyer." But of course that was the challenge of the competition, and most weren't up to that.

RE: Karagin
CBT looked to be the most active at the time with the greatest variety of posters. But I never even got a full quota of mech submissions. And, I just wasn't interested in getting signed up on a lot of different boards.

RE: All Interested Parties
If there was a fair bit of interest I would consider rebooting the competition from scratch here on Sarna.
Alternately the link to the buying/company formation instructions and final mech spreadsheet (have to be logged into CBT) in the top post still works. And mech company picks could be posted here instead.

And heck, come to think of it, some can't get on CBT for some reason, so here is the mech list
Karagin
08/13/09 11:35 PM

I understand about signing up on different boards, just saying that the folks on Mordel and Rick's site are very friendly and normally will offer tons of suggestions, some are here as well as on CBT, but more seem to visit the other two mentioned sites then CBT.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 62 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6426

Contact Admins Sarna.net