04/30/09 05:52 AM
FORUM POSTING RULES
- 1. Speak to each other in a mature, civil and respectful manner. No personal attacks of any kind will be tolerated; address the topic, not the person.
- 2. The Administrators and their Moderators have the right to delete any message and/or thread for any reason. There may be NO warning and NO explanation as to why. The moderators of the Sarna.net Forums use their own discretion and judgment in deleting posts. That means even if it's wrong, it's our right, so long as we think our action is necessary to keep the forum clean, tasteful and abiding by these guidelines.
- 3. These forums are for the support of BattleTech and Neveron in general. Please try to keep to these subjects; there are unlimited sites on the Internet for other subjects. Politics and Religion, in particular, are topics not allowed to be discussed on this board. Also, Spamming is not allowed except for BattleTech-related items; this is not a commercial forum.
- 4. Posts should be made on the appropriate forums, which have been provided for that purpose.
- 5. Carrying "flames" and arguments from another board to this board may result in the offending poster being banned without warning.
- 6. If you are only confrontational, "trolling," or otherwise adding nothing to the forum but trouble, you will be banned.
- 7. You are only allowed to have one account on this forum. Using additional accounts is cause for banning. Similarly, posting as another user without that user's permission is strictly prohibited and cause for banning.
- 8. Avoid "Thread-Jacking". If a topic reminds you of another subject, start a new thread to discuss that subject, rather than high-jacking the thread. No one likes to have their question/topic ignored and changed to another topic. Doing so also makes the topic's title unusable. Posts not related to the topic are subject to being moved, or deleted, without notice. If your thread is being thread-jacked, please ask posters to obey this rule, and if necessary, ask a Moderator to step in.
- 9. If you post materials from other web sites and/or newsgroups, credit should given whenever possible.
- 10. There is an automatic censor function now activated on the forums. You will find the naughtiest words in your posts ****ed out. Bypassing the Censortron-2000 with misspelling will get you banned, even if you didn't mean to misspell siht or fcuk.
- 11. By registering and logging in, you agree to and have accepted these Forum Rules. Please remember, it is a privilege granted to you to post on this board; do not abuse it.
PRIVATE MESSAGE (PM) RULES:
- 1. Even when PMing, try to obey the normal forum rules, as this will help prevent problems, and in general apply to private conversations as well public posts.
- 2. Topics and posts in private messages can wander away from established public standards (such as to discuss politics and religion), provided that both parties agree.
- 3. PM is never to be used as spam or a way to annoy or attack others. If you are requested to not PM a member, continuing to do so will considered harassment.
- 4. Any such attacks, or continued unwanted PMing, should be reported to the forum administrator, where action will be taken.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer
Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Edited by Cray (03/04/11 07:12 AM)