Naval Weapons List?

Pages: 1
ArgentHawk
05/05/09 09:17 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Does anyone have a link to a naval weapons list? Ive googled and found nothing but custom weapons. Thank you.

Edited by ArgentHawk (05/05/09 09:36 PM)
CrayModerator
05/05/09 10:41 PM

You can probably find most of the stats from the aerotech forums on www.classicbattletech.com
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Zandel_Corrin
05/05/09 11:16 PM

Is that listed in one of the rulebooks cray? if so which one? i've never really gone into navel vehicle construction b4 but i'm considering getting into that side of the game more.
Galaxy Commander
Zandel Corrin
Night Dragon Clan
CrayModerator
05/06/09 08:17 AM

Quote:

Is that listed in one of the rulebooks cray? if so which one? i've never really gone into navel vehicle construction b4 but i'm considering getting into that side of the game more.

Naval weapons are listed in:

TR:2750 (out of print)
BattleSpace (OOP)
AT2 (OOP)
AT2R (OOP)
Tech Manual (in print, gives capital missiles)
Tactical Operations (in print, gives other capital weapons)
Strategic Operations (in pdf, gives WarShip construction rules)

Bleh, that's a bit spread out. A couple of suggestions if you're on a budget and after WarShip rules only:

1) Get Heavy Metal Aero, which will let you build warships fairly correct; it's in the process of updating to TO/SO rules. HMA is a one-stop program for designing any aerospace vehicle, has a library of most canon designs, and gives stats on the weapons.

2) eBay AT2R, which does the same and has a lot of fluff.

If you want all the modern construction rules, get Tech Manual, TacOps, and Strategic Operations, though that's a hefty outlay.

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Zandel_Corrin
05/06/09 09:56 PM

Thanks cray.

I might get the new books... tho i never liked the WoB story arc... and based solely on the map of the inner sphere 3075... i'm not sure i'm interested in playing it that timeline.
Galaxy Commander
Zandel Corrin
Night Dragon Clan
CrayModerator
05/06/09 09:59 PM

Quote:

Thanks cray.

I might get the new books... tho i never liked the WoB story arc... and based solely on the map of the inner sphere 3075... i'm not sure i'm interested in playing it that timeline.

The rule books Tech Manual, Tac Ops, and Strategic Ops do not get into the details of the evolving storyline. They're rule books, not plot books, and will give you a wide range of construction and game play options, some never seen before in BT.

The Jihad storyline is embodied in the separate Jihad Hotspots books.

Zandel_Corrin
05/06/09 10:09 PM

Ah... I see.... well in that case i'll go looking for them then.

Thanks again.
Galaxy Commander
Zandel Corrin
Night Dragon Clan
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 26 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 7489

Contact Admins Sarna.net