Center Torso (rear): 4
R/L Torso: 6 10
R/L Torso (rear): 2
R/L Arm: 4 8
R/L Leg: 6 12

Weapons and Ammo Location Criticals Tonnage
ER Large Laser LT, 2, 5
cargo head 1, .25

The Rover is a concept design to be used behind enemy lines. It is intended to attack soft targets like convoys and ammo dumps.

A storage compartment was added in the head for supplies for the pilot can operate on his own in the field for weeks at a time to possibly a month or two. The designers are looking into making a cargo container that the mech can carry in its hands. So the mech can possibly be out in the field for as much as six months at a time.

The Rover is intended to be able to run away from anything that its Extended Range Large Laser can not handle quickly. Thou the mech has as much armor as it's frame can handle its not intended to stay around to receive return fire.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Venom
05/12/09 02:22 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Its like an armored Hussar! It is even designed to fulfill the same role, but does it better. Good job!
Prince_of_Darkness
05/13/09 04:03 PM

Hoo, this is an odd one. On the upside, it functions like a better-armored Hussar, being faster and with the same ability to cause damage. Of course, it pays for this in it's absurd price, awful critical hits (the only 'mech i've seen pull off XL engines AND gyros are Fireballs and 'mechs moving 8/12/10) and it's extreme, secular purpose.

While it could function in the job you pressed it into, destroying ammo dumps and ammo-carrying vehicles is much easier when you set them ablaze. It would be better, in this sense, to carry a plasma rifle, flamers, or inferno missiles with plenty of ammo and focus on jump jets instead of raw speed, so that you could get to any out-of-the-way spot they were in; thus, I would go for a 35 tonner moving about 6/9/6(12) with MASC, standard engine, and (maybe) ferro armor. I would try to keep the weapons to a single plasma rifle (again) with a lot of ammo (like, 30 rounds) so you could set fires with impunity, or a large SRM/MML launcher and flamer.
GiovanniBlasini
05/13/09 09:07 PM

Quote:

Hoo, this is an odd one. On the upside, it functions like a better-armored Hussar, being faster and with the same ability to cause damage. Of course, it pays for this in it's absurd price,

It's only 4.5 million C-Bills. That's hardly awful.

Quote:

awful critical hits (the only 'mech i've seen pull off XL engines AND gyros are Fireballs and 'mechs moving 8/12/10)

Fortunately, at 12/18/0, with more armor, and being 5 tons heavier, this is certainly more survivable than a Fireball, and has the added benefit of standoff ability with its ERLL.

Quote:

and it's extreme, secular purpose.

It's a fast raider. How is that extreme?

Also, could you please clarify in what capacity the word "secular" is being used here?

Quote:

While it could function in the job you pressed it into, destroying ammo dumps and ammo-carrying vehicles is much easier when you set them ablaze. It would be better, in this sense, to carry a plasma rifle, flamers, or inferno missiles with plenty of ammo and focus on jump jets instead of raw speed, so that you could get to any out-of-the-way spot they were in; thus, I would go for a 35 tonner moving about 6/9/6(12) with MASC, standard engine, and (maybe) ferro armor. I would try to keep the weapons to a single plasma rifle (again) with a lot of ammo (like, 30 rounds) so you could set fires with impunity, or a large SRM/MML launcher and flamer.

Ammunition-based weapons are, IMO, suboptimal for raiders expectd to operate behind the lines for extended periods.
Member of the Pundit Caste
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that." -- Col. Saul Tigh, BSG2003
CrayModerator
05/13/09 10:24 PM

I like the attention to detail in the cargo for high-endurance raiding.

I'd be tempted to give some jumping capacity. If you're willing to think of the non-combat aspects of raiding, consider the value of jumping. By trading down to 11/17, you get a jumping of 3. While questionable in combat, it gives a number of advantages: the ability to climb utterly vertical terrain for several levels, easy orbital drops without supplementary one-use drop-packs, and the ability to "fall" any distance deliberately without taking damage. And at 11/17, you'll still smoke the competition.

Just a thought. This is an excellent 'Mech for its intended purpose.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Prince_of_Darkness
05/13/09 10:44 PM

Then I didn't say anything
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
05/14/09 04:11 PM

I agree that its very expensive. But if it can keep a company off the front lines hunting it down it would be well worth the cost. *I am not sure I got the cost right. I guessed on a couple of things. I got my hooves onto a Compendium. Things like LFF are not in there.*

Dropping it to 11/27 is not a bad idea for a little Jumping ability. It can still leave anything in the dust except a VTAL or fighter. There is a problem I ran out of crits if I use JJs. I would have to drop the LFF. I will lose a lot of armor. Or I would have to lose my hands and for a radar that could mean a lot. Radars need there hands to grab stuff that could be useful.

As for the cargo heck I had a .25 tons I might as well use it. It also is a crit used that might just keep the cockpit from being hit. If a GM does not like it it could be just a reroll.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Tripod
05/24/09 08:12 AM

OMG! I never thought of using cargo to soak up crits... thats....evil....

I like to know what mechs look like... ESP if they have humanoid torso or legs or chicken walker legs. Just more fluff I guess. Would be neat if I could draw the things I see in my mind....
TBA
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
12/16/16 03:33 AM

After being gone for a good part of a year I decided to be a royal pain in the donkey by bringing up my old posts from the morgue and set loss some old post zombies. *Evil braying!!!*

I will see you again in another year or so

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 114 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 8230

Contact Admins Sarna.net