This forum needs moderation.

Pages: 1
FrabbyModerator
04/17/09 07:04 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
As far as I can tell, the quality of postings on this forum is degenerating at an alarming rate. We apparently have a two-sided troll problem: I find some stuff voiced here to be extremely odd, but unfortunately the poster(s) is/are quite effective in derailing threads as others jump on the bandwagon and actually take up the troll game. And even those who appear to be genuinely interested in BattleTech tend to forget their manners sooner rather than later.
In fact, I find the tone of some posts rather disturbing.

I don't have any authority to call you guys to order, but still... you can surely do better than that!
CrayModerator
04/21/09 02:28 PM

Maybe a couple of regulars - Frabby - could be promoted to have some mod powers, like deleting offending posts, approving registration, etc.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Nic JansmaAdministrator
04/22/09 02:25 AM

I'm open to anyone who would like to help moderate.
-- NicJ
FrabbyModerator
04/26/09 03:49 AM

Forgive me if I shy away from the offer.
In all honesty, while the offer of moderator status is soothing my ego, I feel that I do not (and should not) command NicJ's authority on this forum. I mean, I'm not even particularly active here - this is only my 24th post! And I am not even involved in Neveron at all and don't follow that part of the forum.

Incidentially, the original problem seems to have ebbed away.
Nic JansmaAdministrator
04/29/09 12:24 PM

Cray has offered his help, which is very generous. I've given him Moderator status. He will help maintain a friendly atmosphere here, as well as trying to trim the recent deluge of spam posts we're getting.

Thanks Cray!
-- NicJ
FrabbyModerator
04/29/09 01:26 PM

Way to go Cray! Thanks for putting up with this!
CrayModerator
04/29/09 01:53 PM

Quote:

You say that now, but I rather like codes of behavior found on HMPro.com and CBT.com - which means a lot of posts currently being (in HeroChip threads anyway) made would be worthy of moderator nastygrams.

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Lefric
04/29/09 02:40 PM

Quote:

Quote:

You say that now, but I rather like codes of behavior found on HMPro.com and CBT.com - which means a lot of posts currently being (in HeroChip threads anyway) made would be worthy of moderator nastygrams.

Very true. But OTOH, a great many of the posts that aggrivated me into joining the flame war would have been modded away before the war got started. Hence, glad to see you moding, Cray.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm." -George Orwell
sir_spamalot
05/05/09 04:20 PM

Good for you Cray, all hope is not lost....just some with those socks.
GiovanniBlasini
05/09/09 03:20 AM

Quote:

Quote:

How the hell do you put up with us on BtechUnits? Welshman recently described us as, jeez, how did he put it? "It's a room full of smokers using a full powder keg as an ash tray."

Seriously thinking of .sigging that.
Member of the Pundit Caste
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that." -- Col. Saul Tigh, BSG2003
CrayModerator
05/09/09 09:48 AM

Quote:

How the hell do you put up with us on BtechUnits? Welshman recently described us as, jeez, how did he put it? "It's a room full of smokers using a full powder keg as an ash tray."

I only read a few threads over there and you mostly behave yourselves.

Prince_of_Darkness
05/15/09 11:33 AM

Ya know, I actually vied for the moderatorship... god knows what would have come of that...
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
05/27/09 01:35 PM

I would have offered to help. But I think that is like asking a donkey to guard crates of carrots.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 7805

Contact Admins Sarna.net