Anyone got info the Manassas?

Pages: 1
Prince_of_Darkness
05/30/09 06:16 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
So, I have heard of this modified jumpship that could apparently go farther in hyperspace than most called the Manassas- but I have no info on it, and Sarna has nothing.

Does anyone know, or have any info, on it?
CrayModerator
05/30/09 11:12 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Quote:

So, I have heard of this modified jumpship that could apparently go farther in hyperspace than most called the Manassas- but I have no info on it, and Sarna has nothing.

Does anyone know, or have any info, on it?

Sure. I have the whole Living Legends book.

The Manassas was a modified Aegis-class WarShip used by the Star League. During Kerensky's Exodus, its experimental KF drive was considered dangerous and the ship was dumping ground for misfits.

The Manassas drive was able to jump 40 light-years instead of 30. That's all. No firm stats are available on its mass or recharge time.

In operation, on one jump during the Exodus it got "stuck" in hyperspace, which is a timeless environment. While instants passed for the ship, 250 years passed in real space. It popped out in the Clan invasion corridor. The resulting events are the topic of the adventure and player character decisions.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 211 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4131

Contact Admins Sarna.net