R/L Leg 12/12

Weapons and Ammo Location Critical Tonnage
Gauss Rifle RT 7 15
Gauss Rifle ammo (16)LT 2 2
3 Medium Lasers RA3 3
3 Medium Lasers LA 3 3

Cost CBills 10,024,500

Overview

Assinine Industries had an old Hunchback lining around so it was decided to strip it down and rebuild it for there own use. Its internal structure frame was so damaged that the mech would be striped down and installed on a new Endosteel internal structure. The 200 power plant was dropped for a 300 EL power plant. Because of the greater range of the gauss rifle over the AC20 the AC20 was replaced. With the weight savings the medium lasers where tripled in the arms.

When FS attacked a warehouse with a lance of vedette tanks they got a really big surprise when they saw a pushover of a Hunchback walk from behind a building. Thinking that they where save at the range of just under 450m it was thought they where out of range of its AC20 so they open fired with there AC5s. Only one of the AC5's hit the mech. When the Hunchbcak returned fire they realised that there where in a great deal of trouble. The gauss rifle hit and striped most of the armor off the closes tanks turret. After firing off that shot the Hunchback went into a full run to close the range so its medium lasers could be used. That is the second big shock that the tank crews got. No one has aver seen a Hunchback that could travel at 100kph. None of the tanks where thinking of escape when they first saw the mech, so it was able to close into medium range for its medium lasers. The mech open fired on the same tank with all of its medium lasers and the gauss rifle. Because another tank got in the way of the first tank the mech open fire on the new target. Five of the medium lasers hit the front of the tank before the gauss rifle hit it. The gauss rifle round went through the tank and went sliding on the asphalt, finely coming to a stop when it hit the wall of a building. At that point the Hunchback pilot demanded the surrender of the tanks. The tank lance commander knowing that they did not have a chance ageist the Hunchback and also knowing that there was no reinforcements in the area agreed to surrender his command to the mech warrior. When the tank commander learned that the rest of the medium mech lance was right behind him he knew that he made the right decision.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Venom
06/24/09 03:23 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I dunno, they would have to be pretty dumb not to see the GRs barrel sticking out a few meters... However, I do like the close in fire power of all those MLs.
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
06/24/09 08:47 AM

You see what you expect to see.

It has been proven by scientific studies. When someone is expecting something, though what is in front of them is radically different that what is expected, they will see what they are expecting to see. Even more so when your restricted with less time to decide what your seeing, you will go with what your familiar with.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Prince_of_Darkness
06/25/09 01:26 PM

I must say, the extra speed, GR, and mass of Medium lasers are very nice to play keep-away with.

The Engine and gyro aren't. One good Critical hit on the rifle or in the body and you could be pretty easily be put out of commission; especially if it hit the CT.

EDIT:
And then there's the cost...

Edited by Prince_of_Darkness (06/25/09 01:27 PM)
CrayModerator
06/25/09 03:46 PM

Quote:

I must say, the extra speed, GR, and mass of Medium lasers are very nice to play keep-away with.

Yes, it's a good Swaybay.

Quote:

The Engine and gyro aren't.

If you want a 6/9 GR with some secondary weapons, the XL engine is the price for that.

Quote:

One good Critical hit on the rifle or in the body and you could be pretty easily be put out of commission; especially if it hit the CT.

CASE would help in that respect. You won't save the engine from a triple crit if the GR cooks off, but it'll be a quick repair effort and the pilot will be fine. I disagree about the CT - it doesn't blow up when you get a crit there, unlike the GR. You need several consecutive hits on CT item to really kill the mech.

Quote:

And then there's the cost...

Average Clan or post-3050 House medium mech cost.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
06/25/09 03:53 PM

If I remember right there is a clan mech that costs something like 37 million c bills. Whats my mechs compared to that!?!

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
CrayModerator
06/26/09 08:12 AM

Quote:

If I remember right there is a clan mech that costs something like 37 million c bills. Whats my mechs compared to that!?!

Your mech is not nearly as big. 37 million CB 'mechs are assault mechs.

But while your mech is 2.5-3x as expensive as a traditional 3025 medium 'Mech, it's perfectly fine by the standards of the 3060s. XL engines really find their niche in light mechs and fast mediums, where you're not after zombie-like assault 'Mech durability. Standard fusion engine enthusiasts just dislike the sharp price increase from XLs but, when you look at the setting, 5 million and 13 million are still chump change for Inner Sphere or Clan militaries.

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Tripod
06/27/09 08:01 AM

Isn'r there a new Case systen for the IS that works like clan arm mounted case? Pop that on and move the GR tot he arm for mor survivability...

He who runs away lives to fight another day....
TBA
CrayModerator
06/28/09 09:42 AM

Quote:

Isn'r there a new Case systen for the IS that works like clan arm mounted case? Pop that on and move the GR tot he arm for mor survivability...

CASE II has been available for a while (MaxTech) that would significantly reduce damage.

12/16/16 03:31 AM

After being gone for a good part of a year I decided to be a royal pain in the donkey by bringing up my old posts from the morgue and set loss some old post zombies. *Evil braying!!!*

I will see you again in another year or so

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 43 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 8814

Contact Admins Sarna.net