3 Medium lasers LT 3 3
4 Jump Jets LT 4 2
4 Medium Lasers RT 4 4
3 Jump Jets RT 3 1.5
Machine Gun ammo (50) RT 1 .25
Machine Gun H 1 .5

Cost C-Bills 11,794.374 C-Bills

Overview

Goldy is a mech that Assinine Industries created on there own from the ground up. It was given a 350 EL power plant with jump jets so it can either keep the fight going with light fast mechs or escape slower more powerful mechs. Very few mechs of any weight can run over 118 KPH and jump 210 meters. The long range fire power is quite week for a mech of its weight class with its one ER Large Laser. It does have good short range firepower with its seven medium lasers. The one mashine gun that was added was for anti infrantry defense. The Goldy's lack of long range fire power was not consedered a problem since was never intended to fight on its own but within a lance of other mechs.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Venom
06/24/09 03:27 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Scrap the MG for another DHS. That way you can fire all 7 MLs and still walk. Do take notice that an XL gyro takes it into lvl 3.
Tripod
06/24/09 06:40 AM

Or... Drop the MG and scrounge up another ton from somewhere and give it a plain gyro...poof, level 2..
TBA
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
06/24/09 08:58 AM

I was told there is no more level 3 there is only 1 & 2. I think it was PoD or Crey, but I could be in error with who said it. I don't want to look for hours on back posts to who it was..
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Prince_of_Darkness
06/25/09 01:33 PM

There is no more level 1 or 2 anymore, just "Tournament legal", "Advanced Rules", "Experimental Tech", ect. They implemented it to help ease confusion when they made more weapon systems for the succession wars era and wanted to avoid the confusion.

Right now, I really don't know what this 'mech mounts, because the fluff for it doesn't match the readout. From what I can piece together, it's a 50 tonner moving 7/11/7 with an XL Gyro and XL engine, with an ER Large Laser, seven medium lasers, and a... machine gun?

Right of the back, I'd get rid of the machine gun. I really don't know why you'd have it when this is clearly a raider, but to me it only serves as a possible ammo explosion. Then, I would try to get rid of the XL Gyro. You are vulnerable enough as it is to critical hits, and if this is a raiding 'mech (in which it will be going behind enemy lines for long periods of time away from repair) then it would be much better off without it.
CrayModerator
06/25/09 03:34 PM

Quote:

Or... Drop the MG and scrounge up another ton from somewhere and give it a plain gyro...poof, level 2..

The XL Gyro is now "L2" (tournament legal). See Tech Manual pg50.

The compact gyro and heavy duty gyro are also tournament legal, too. The basic ideas were too low tech and too game balanced to leave them as experimental.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
06/25/09 03:50 PM

Quote:

Right now, I really don't know what this 'mech mounts, because the fluff for it doesn't match the readout. From what I can piece together, it's a 50 tonner moving 7/11/7 with an XL Gyro and XL engine, with an ER Large Laser, seven medium lasers, and a... machine gun?

Yes that is correct

Quote:

Right of the back, I'd get rid of the machine gun. I really don't know why you'd have it when this is clearly a raider, but to me it only serves as a possible ammo explosion. Then, I would try to get rid of the XL Gyro. You are vulnerable enough as it is to critical hits, and if this is a raiding 'mech (in which it will be going behind enemy lines for long periods of time away from repair) then it would be much better off without it.

I added the MG because I had .75 tons of weight that was not doing anything. As for an ammo explosion I can dump the MG ammo at any time.

I could dump the MG for a small laser and forget the last 1/4 ton.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Tripod
06/27/09 07:48 AM

I go by date. What ever date the game takes place in dictates what equipment is available.

Our next campaign looks to be Mercs in 3049, so we probly wont see much "level 2" tech unless, god forbid, we come up against Kurita Ghost Regmients or some other elite house unit.
TBA
12/16/16 03:32 AM

After being gone for a good part of a year I decided to be a royal pain in the donkey by bringing up my old posts from the morgue and set loss some old post zombies. *Evil braying!!!*

I will see you again in another year or so

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 95 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 8580

Contact Admins Sarna.net