Catalyst Game Labs brings back the Unseen!

Pages: 1
Lance_Hawkins
06/24/09 01:03 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
From Origins:

David Stansel-Garner:
In 1996 numerous images originally licensed from several Japanese anime sources were retired from use within the BattleTech universe. Those illustrations formed the bedrock of the BattleTech 2nd Edition and BattleTech 3rd Edition Box Sets and were generally considered “fan favorites” across the board. These images—such as the Warhammer, Marauder, BattleMaster, Phoenix Hawk and so on—became known as the "unseen."

After much blood, sweat and tears, Catalyst Game Labs is exceptionally pleased to announce the return of these “unseen” images.

"I’ve had the honor of helming BattleTech for a long, long time," said Randall Bills, Managing Developer for Catalyst Game Labs. "I’m exceptionally proud that the work of the last several years for the new line of core rulebooks and the current storyline has precipitated a resurgence in BattleTech play and recognition as a fun, great game, with one of the greatest legacies of any gameline. However, to participate in returning all our favorite images to the game we love... my geek’s been on for long weeks about this explosively cool development. Just wait until you see some of the art under development to "bring them back" in a style worthy of our current books."

The first books containing these images will start appearing this summer, with future releases—as appropriate—able to use illustrations of these classics. One of the biggest of these coming releases, of course, is BattleTech: 25 Years of Art and Fiction; we’ve got a preview of a complete, all-new-story from this book that also showcases a plethora of art across years, including some images not seen in a BattleTech book in long, long years.

About Catalyst Game Labs
Catalyst Game Labs is dedicated to producing high quality gaming products that mesh sophisticated game mechanics with dynamic universes. All presented in a form that allows both beginning players and long-time veterans to easily pick up our games. Catalyst Game Labs is an imprint (publishing house) of InMediaRes Productions, LLC, which specializes in electronic publishing of professional fiction. This allows Catalyst to participate in a synergy that melds printed gaming product with all the benefits of an electronic interface and community, creating a whole-package experience for any type of player.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Randall Adds:
This announcement, beyond its simple awesomeness of course, will obviously have a huge impact: will new miniatures will be produced; will Technical Readout: 3039 get images on a reprint; how will the record sheet PDFs be handled...and that's just scratching the surface. However, at this time, there are no concrete answers as we're exploring all options: Herb's Standard Answers apply across the board. The one single answer I will give, however, is that the "reseen" are not going anywhere. They are as valid and apart of the continuity as they've ever been.

When we have more concrete answers to share, we'll post them to the community.

Thanks!
Randall

http://www.classicbattletech.com/downloads/25Ann_Preview_Ozymandias.pdf
I have seen the best of men go past, I do not want to be the last.
Calbeck
06/29/09 04:17 PM

WOO HOO!

*pumps arm in the air*
Lafeel
06/29/09 08:23 PM

Well said. *grins* And before anyone asks the obligatory "does this mean just the 3025 ones or (insert other unseen picture) ones too?" question herbie said it affects All Unseen
LAMdriver
06/30/09 01:29 AM

This is a good thing. While some of the "Reseen" artwork designs were very cool (Golaith, Marauder II, and Marauder I), the majority just plain out sucked, IMO.

I mean that most of them looked the same. The Wasp, Stinger, Griffion, Osterscout, and the Osterec (sp?) looked all the same to me.

I hated the "reseen" Warhammers and Rifleman (both Clan IIC and IS) with a bloody passion.

I am soooooo glad they got the images back of the 'Mechs that I fell in love playing when I was younger.
" The object of war is not to die for your country. It's to make some other bastard die for his!"--Patton

""War is Hell. Combat is a motherfucker."---General Tommy Franks
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 122 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5581

Contact Admins Sarna.net