ER PPC LT 3 7
AC5 RA 4 8
AC5 ammo RA 2 2
ER PPC RT 3 7
AC5 ammo RT 4 4
Medium lasers CT 1 1
Medium lasers CT(R) 1 1

Cost 9,193,763 C-Bills

Defiance Industries was looking for another upgrade for the badly designed Banshee. One of the factors was to keep the cost down but its fire power up. The only two upgraded technology that was used was double heat sinks and ER PPCs. The engine was down graded to a 285 from the 380. That opened up a lot of weight to double the mechs fire power. The one big flaw in the design was that the AC5 ammo could not be put into case to protect the mech from an ammo explosion. The only way that they could protect the mechs vital parts was to put the ammo as far from the mechs center torso as possible. One thing that they could do was to add a quick drop ejection system to the ammo bins, so if the mech is in danger from ammo explosion the pilot could eject the entire ammo bin.

On the factories proving grounds, in simulated combat, it was found to be a strong fire support mech. How the mech will preform in its role as fire support in real combat is unknown as of yet.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Venom
07/18/09 02:19 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
By the time ER PPCs became available, Banshees sporting "pop-gun ACs" were as out-dated as bell-bottoms are today. Look up the Banshee in the wiki and check out the variants, even the origional -S Banshee would make short work of this guy.

On the other hand, this 'mech seems to fit around the time the Banshee was introduced, albeit with standard PPCs. It definitely feels like it was a primitive 'mech that got upgraded to "modern" tech.
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
07/18/09 07:33 AM

I take it you don't watch fashion of clothing, bell bottoms have been back for years and there is no sign of them going away and staying away.

I could have used more advanced tech but I wanted to keep the price down and I also wanted to keep with the feel of the original mech or I would have given it a gauss rifle. Personally I can't stand ACs of any kind. The only thing that makes this work for me is the one and only advantage that the AC5 has, it generates one heat point.

There was two typos, the engine is a 285 not a EL 385, and the Internal Structure is standard not ES.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Bob_Richter
07/19/09 01:57 PM

This unit is actually illegal, as it is impossible to allocate two of the double heat-sinks with the given equipment configurations.

Also, there is a typo suggesting that this design actually carries eight tons of AC/5 ammo (where the four tons it actually does carry are excessive.)

Far from preserving the feel of the original design, this Banshee moves the autocannon to the arm and mirror-doubles the lot, also adding two unprecedented center-torso medium lasers (one rear-facing,) resulting in a shocking number of deviations from the basic Banshee paradigm.

Meanwhile, heavy autocannons and a second PPC are in no way unprecedented in the Banshee family, as the variants section of the original TRO included variants with AC/10s, AC/20s, and twin PPCs replacing the basic armament.

Historically, the BNC-3E Banshee was produced for only ten years in the late 2400s, and while the plans were on file at Hesperus II, it doesn't seem likely that Defiance Industries was producing this model in the 31st Century.

In the first half of the 31st Century, the LCAF was working on converting their existing inventory of BNC-3Es to BNC-3Ss. This model is a slowed-down design much like yours, with paired PPCs, a single AC/10, and several supporting weapon systems. This was probably the version being "produced in limited numbers" according to the 3050 TRO. Your version does not double its firepower.

The model produced at DefHes since the early 3050s is the BNC-5S, an XL-Engined monster that packs dual ER PPCs and a Gauss Rifle with Double Heat Sinks to make the whole thing work. It is one of the LCAF's premier heavy combat chassis.

A Light Engine version (BNC-7S) emerged in the 3060s, carrying upgraded lasers, more ammo for the gauss rifle, and endo steel to make up the engine's weight difference.

There's also a Heavy Gauss version, but I don't much care for it.

The ER PPCs-over-AC/5s concept does have some merit. I'd suggest dropping the two excessive and unallocatable heat sinks to upgrade the ACs to Ultras if you want to persue that, or just look at an "upgrade kit" for the BNC-3S (which almost certainly accounts for the bulk of standard-engine Banshees in the Lyran Commonwealth) with ER PPCs, a Gauss Rifle, and DHS, but without the large XL Engine.
-Bob (The Magnificent) Richter

Assertions made in this post are the humble opinion of Bob.
They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
:)
07/19/09 08:03 PM

The last column of four tons of AC ammo was not suppose to be there. That ends up making it legal for weight and crits. Three DHS in each side torso and one DHS in each arm.

There have been thousands of mechs where only one was built for trial tests and ended up not going to production. My version could just be one of the ones that did not go anywhere.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Bob_Richter
07/19/09 09:53 PM

The DHS cannot be allocated. There are free crits, but the DHS do not fit in them. The design remains illegal.

You may be assuming the Banshee does not have hands (which would give it enough crits for what you allocated) this is incorrect.

Which, as I mentioned, is fine, since the design is oversinked anyway.

They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.

Edited by Bob_Richter (07/19/09 09:59 PM)
07/20/09 10:35 AM

I'm sorry that I don't have a couple of hundred of dollars to replace all of my stolen BT game books, So I can look at the art work, because I am living off of unemployment! >:l Thanks for rubbing it in, Would you like to cut me so you can pour salt in the wound?

When you are only looking at text that describes a mech, you can't tell if it has hands or not. I thought it was one of the mechs that did not have hands.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Venom
07/21/09 01:59 AM

Your situation sucks, true but there are resources here on the sarna wiki which allow you to check out canon designs and even have pictures.
Bob_Richter
07/21/09 08:54 AM

How about $22 for Rick Raisley's excellent HeavyMetal Pro?

(an extra $33 will get you Vee and Lite in the Plus package)

That's the main source I use, though I still have most of the TROs. In the meantime, I'm willing to act as a resource, and Google is surprisingly effective in finding canon battlmech images.

Sorry to hear your stuff was stolen. I'll try not to mock you too hard for thinking the Banshee was handless when one of its main selling points was always its fists. :P

And yes, that information really should be in the stat block.

07/21/09 09:30 PM

Sorry Bob, I was out of line. I was upset for losing another job to someone else and was short tempered. It does not help that every time I want to look up something I can't just open one of my book flip to the page, I have to take time searching all over the place on the web.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Tripod
07/22/09 02:36 AM

: Off Topic :

I think I have an extra Old School 3025 Tech Readout.... I can't imagine being without my books, even though I know most of them by memory. PM if interested....
TBA
12/16/16 03:31 AM

After being gone for a good part of a year I decided to be a royal pain in the donkey by bringing up my old posts from the morgue and set loss some old post zombies. *Evil braying!!!*

I will see you again in another year or so

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 61 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 8567

Contact Admins Sarna.net