Minnesota Tribe anyone?

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
CrayModerator
07/23/09 08:42 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Quote:

I asked if there was any hard numbers for those that survived the Trial of Annihation that was carried out by Clan Wolf.

The annihilation was carried out by every Clan.

Quote:

I know that they took a ceneus, found out that most of the front line units and personal were accounted for, but some of the second line units and most of the civies made it out alive.

So my question is: How many?

Per the BattleCorps series "Betrayal of Ideals" by Blaine Pardoe...

All the Wolverine mech factories were torched to the ground by their own hands.

"A full third" of their civilian population had been left behind by choice or didn't reach the evacuation ships. An unidentified further number couldn't be carried by the handful of evacuation ships. Assuming equal division of the population in the homeworlds, that means the Wolverines evacuated with about 117,000 civilians at the most; most likely it would be in the tens of thousands (75 to 90K).

The Wolverine touman - numbering about 50 warriors in 2822 - had "a quarter unaccounted for." That means about 30-40 warriors got away.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
LAMdriver
07/23/09 10:17 PM

Hate to say it, but your wrong about Clan Wolf. They won the batchall against Clan Widowmaker, but had to bid below the cutoff. As soon as the Trial of Annihilation was voted on in the council, three clans (Mongoose, Nova Cat and Snow Raven) tried to get a head start. The Wolverines handed Snow Raven their ass by sacking their capital and nuking their genetic repository. They finally backed down when 3 clans forces were massing.

Well despite all of this, if Kerensky can take only 800 warriors and 600 families into the unkown and create a society. Then it is just as likely that Clan Wolverine can do the same with more people even if it is not at full strength of warriors and civies. Even if your estimate is true, that is alot of manpower and things will get done in order to survive.
" The object of war is not to die for your country. It's to make some other bastard die for his!"--Patton

""War is Hell. Combat is a motherfucker."---General Tommy Franks

Edited by LAMdriver (07/23/09 10:27 PM)
Bob_Richter
07/24/09 12:02 AM

That's the old history, LAMdriver. You missed the part where BLP decided to change everything and TPTB decided to let him.
-Bob (The Magnificent) Richter

Assertions made in this post are the humble opinion of Bob.
They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
:)
LAMdriver
07/24/09 02:44 AM

DAMN IT!!!! LOL!!!
" The object of war is not to die for your country. It's to make some other bastard die for his!"--Patton

""War is Hell. Combat is a motherfucker."---General Tommy Franks
Venom
07/24/09 05:22 AM

You won't find the answers to the questions you as here. The board is moderated by an employee of the current company developing the storyline. He has a vested intrest in you buying the next book. If anything you will find red herrings and anything else that disuades you from the direction that the story is going-even though we know the horrible truth(i.e. battlemechs that float across the terrain upon bases that "click").

The Wolverines play a part-if even a small one-in this jihad nonsense. Follow the money.
CrayModerator
07/24/09 08:52 AM

Quote:

Hate to say it, but your wrong about Clan Wolf. They won the batchall against Clan Widowmaker, but had to bid below the cutoff. As soon as the Trial of Annihilation was voted on in the council, three clans (Mongoose, Nova Cat and Snow Raven) tried to get a head start. The Wolverines handed Snow Raven their ass by sacking their capital and nuking their genetic repository. They finally backed down when 3 clans forces were massing.

How am I wrong about Clan Wolf not launching the annihilation alone when you just confirmed that multiple Clans were involved?

Quote:

Well despite all of this, if Kerensky can take only 800 warriors and 600 families into the unkown and create a society

He took 800 warriors and 1 million people. See Warriors of Kerensky, page 10.

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
CrayModerator
07/24/09 09:12 AM

Venom, don't mistake your experience from 3 months ago for the current state of the thread. Folks are now asking questions about past publications where all the answers are in the open.

Quote:

You won't find the answers to the questions you as here.

I've been giving answers to questions asked by LAMDriver and Donkey, who don't seem to have the required books or BattleCorps stories. I've been digging through old FASA books, new BattleCorps stories, and recent FanPro/Catalyst books to find the canon facts about Wolverine. The answers I'm giving them are quotes straight from publications, not red herrings.

Quote:

The board is moderated by an employee of the current company developing the storyline.

Employee? Heh, that's a good one. 99% of my work for FanPro and Catalyst is pure volunteer work as a reviewer, assistant developer, and fact checker. For my few writing assignments (none on the Wolverines), I've received small, one-time, up front checks. My day job is not "Catalyst writer," it's "engineer at a research and development firm."

Quote:

He has a vested intrest in you buying the next book.

And what's that interest? Do you think I get paid for each book sold?

Quote:

If anything you will find red herrings and anything else that disuades you from the direction that the story is going-even though we know the horrible truth(i.e. battlemechs that float across the terrain upon bases that "click").

Wizkids shut down and Clicktech is no longer in production.

Quote:

The Wolverines play a part-if even a small one-in this jihad nonsense.

Oh, they play a part, just probably not the one you're thinking of. A good thread to visit: Why are the Bears So Pissed?

Edited by Cray (07/24/09 09:36 AM)
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
07/24/09 12:07 PM

What does it matter if he was paid or not?

Even if he is an employee he would not get a stake in the profits.

He does what he does here because he loves the game.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Bob_Richter
07/25/09 12:44 AM

Indeed, Cray was a forumite before he joined the Forces Of Evil (tm)
-Bob (The Magnificent) Richter

Assertions made in this post are the humble opinion of Bob.
They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
:)
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
07/25/09 08:07 AM

You make that sound as if its a bad thing.

If it was not for us bad guys, the heroes that you like so much would be seen for what they truly are babbling incompetent fools. Some how the idiot, see hero, with some impossible luck, happens to stumble across are fool prof plan that we took great efforts in planing out in every detail. He/she does something really stupid and ruins are efforts. Most of the time not knowing that they did anything until some one that was cheering them happens to point out to the idiot what we where up to and how there bungling happen to ruin are plans. Of course they then act as if there stupid act was done intentionally as if they knew what they where doing when it is obvious that they had no clue what happened until it was explained to them in great detail very slowly so there slow mind can comprehend what there being told.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
CrayModerator
07/25/09 10:27 AM

Quote:

Indeed, Cray was a forumite before he joined the Forces Of Evil (tm)

Being a know-it-all forumite on rec.games.mecha, an early incarnation of CBT.com, and Sarna.net got me my first reviewing job, the mech guts section of the CBT:Companion.

Edited by Cray (07/25/09 10:28 AM)
Venom
07/25/09 02:15 PM

I only recently became aware of Cray's association with TPTB. I think I was perusing the table of contents of one of my books and his name popped off the page at me. It actualy took me a few days to figure out where I had heard that name before! That is about the time I came back here, come to think of it.
Venom
07/25/09 02:20 PM

Okay, I did look at that thread and it seems a foolish premise. "Why are the GBs pissed?" Well duh! How about robes using WMDs on their trothkin? It actualy seems folly to go out and blab your(real, fabricated or imagined) conection to the Wolvies after you have already pissed off the biggest Clan.
Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Extra information
1 registered and 88 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 55258

Contact Admins Sarna.net