Wobby Theory

Pages: 1
KitK
09/16/09 12:33 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Having learned that I could play MechCommander Gold on Vista I did just that.
The expansion is chasing down a renegade Jaguar who is after nukes on an old SLDF outpost.
As I am getting close to the end I am starting to think WoB could have use these.
And sure enough the end scene is the commander giving your unit the thumbs up and saying that a Comstar detachment is coming to clean the junk up. WoB in Comstar intercepting that info. . .Wobby coup de gras? The Jaguars half dug the stuff up and the Davions just handed it over. . .oops

KK
Karagin
09/16/09 06:26 AM

Yay, uhmm...not everything in the computer games is canon for the boardgame...but then again given how wacky and awful most of the current storyline is, you may be correct in that Davion did just hand them over...

But on the other hand, I don't recall the Clans being big on using nukes, so the idea of Jaguar going after them just doesn't fit with what we knew then or know now about the Clans.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
CrayModerator
09/16/09 08:21 AM

Quote:

Having learned that I could play MechCommander Gold on Vista I did just that.
The expansion is chasing down a renegade Jaguar who is after nukes on an old SLDF outpost.
As I am getting close to the end I am starting to think WoB could have use these.

It's certainly possible. WoB has a waste-not, want-not mentality with respect to military weapons. However, the games aren't regarded as canon.

Also, I'd be real surprised if WoB didn't have a bomb factory. For a faction that can build several hundred million fusion reactors for civilian use (Terran cars), building something so simple as nukes should not be a challenge. Some centuries-old SLDF nukes might not be worth the trouble to refurbish.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 128 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4563

Contact Admins Sarna.net