ISHG Dire Wolf Alexander (Prime/2/3)

Pages: 1
CYBRN4CR
01/30/10 03:05 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Continued from the Various Upgraded Designs thread.

This thread examines the Inner Sphere Honor Guard's only Dire Wolf, and its use from 3062 to 3081 and beyond.

History:

After bravely fighting the Clan Jade Falcon forces on Coventry, Gen. Alexander discovered that his forces were being chewed up by the Clan's superior technology. Declaring the battle a loss, he ordered a full retreat covering his ISHG's retreat so that they could escape. However, before he could escape himself, his mech was destroyed and Alexander was forced to eject. When he busted out of his pod, he was dismayed to find his unit's dropships already dusted off. He was easily found by the Jade Falcon warrior that defeated him, and was immediately taken Bondsman.

His story since then has been one of strife, prejudice, and bittersweet victories; ultimately becoming a Star Col. and earning the right to pilot his own mech. Hearing about the exploits of Natasha Kerensky in the Remembrance, he opted to pilot a Dire Wolf of his own, one that would bring glory to Clan Jade Falcon. Thus his very own Dire Wolf came into being.

Below are the MegaMek condensed readouts of the designs (less redundancy and clutter).

Code:
Dire Wolf Alexander Prime(~3055)
100 tons   Clan

Movement: 3/5/3
Engine: 300 XL
Heat Sinks: 25 [50]

Internal: 152
Armor: 307/307
HD:   3     9
CT:  31    50 ( 12)
RT:  21    34 (  8)
LT:  21    34 (  8)
RA:  17    34
LA:  17    34
RL:  21    42
LL:  21    42

Large Pulse Laser  [LA] 10 Heat
Large Pulse Laser  [RA] 10 Heat
ER Medium Laser  [LT] 5 Heat
TAG  [RT] (IS) 0 Heat
ER Medium Laser  [RT] 5 Heat
ER Medium Laser  [CT] 5 Heat

ECM Suite [HD]
Targeting Computer  [RT]

BV: 3,455 Cost: 22,998,000 Cbills

This design served Star Col. Alex well, and thanks to his impeccable accuracy during trials, he was given access to fight the Inner Sphere on the front lines as a Clan Warrior. Somewhere around 3062, Star Col. Alex crossed paths with his reborn ISHG in a Trial of Possession for a backwater Lyran planet. During the bidding process, he recognized his son was the one answering his batchall. One thing to note, is that during his captivity and warriorhood, Alex always wanted to return to his son. So when he was reunited with Jonas in these circumstances, Star Col. Alex was proud for his son's success with his unit.

But as duty to the Clan dictated, he had to continue with the bidding. Luckily, he came up with a way to be reunited with his son, without sacrificing honor. In Clan fashion, he bid only himself to fight against six of the ISHG's mechs (his extreme accuracy with the pulse lasers made him famous in the Clan for such bold bidding). Of those six mechs, were Jonas with his FNR-1, Michael with his HGN-2, Deuce with his Executioner A, and three spare mechs. Targeting only the spare mechs, Star Col. Alex successfully made his Clan believe that he played the ISHG into his favor. This in fact was a ruse to get his son to take out his mech's legs, rendering him effectively neutralized, allowing him to be taken Bondsman by the ISHG. Star Col. Alex's plan worked perfectly, and Alex was once reunited with his unit and son.

After his mech was salvaged, repaired, and refitted to be able to fight alongside the rest of the unit, Star Col. Alex joined his son in leading the ISHG in battle. 

Code:
Dire Wolf Alexander 2 (~3062)
100 tons   Mixed (Base Clan)

Heat Sinks: 24 [48]

Armor: 307/307
CT:  31    50 ( 12)

TAG  [RT] (IS) 0 Heat

C3 Slave  [RT] (IS)
Targeting Computer  [RT]

BV: 3,455 Cost: 22,998,000 Cbills

This design was extremely effective in Star Col. Alex's hands, and changed little until 3070 when the unit removed the C3 systems in favor of Cappellan stealth armor. In Star Col. Alex's Dire Wolf, the C3 slave was removed, and the TAG was moved to the head to make room for an Inner Sphere Guardian ECM suite (since the unit had limited access to Clan versions), leading to his final design.

Code:
Dire Wolf Alexander 3 (~3070)
100 tons   Mixed (Base Clan)

Heat Sinks: 24 [48]

Armor: 304/307
CT:  31    50 (  9)

TAG  [HD] (IS) 0 Heat

Guardian ECM Suite  [RT] (IS)
Targeting Computer  [RT]

BV: 3,520 Cost: 22,888,000 Cbills

Last mech of the series!

May the discussing begin!

Edited by CYBRN4CR (01/31/10 10:19 AM)
CYBRN4CR
01/31/10 11:20 PM

Errata: The Jade Falcon assault on Coventry was in 3058. Also the Jade Falcons didn't start attacking worlds again until 3068. This means Alexander's Dire Wolf Prime is a design somewhere between 3062 and 3068. Also his "2" variant never existed, since the ISHG had switched from targeting computers to long range targeting systems when he was "rescued." Thus, his "3" variant is a 3068 design.

Guess I needed to check the history more.
CYBRN4CR
02/08/10 07:42 AM

Based on a recent topic about pulse lasers and targeting computers, would it be more effective to strip out the ER lasers, the jump jets, and a ton of armor with the targeting computer in the Prime variant (ignore the IS TAG laser - it's an error), and fill in all leftover space with heatsinks and two more pulse lasers?
Dester
02/08/10 05:05 PM

Grats you built a totally munskined out 100 ton clan assult mech with pulse lasers and it jumps too. The back story seems nothing more then a token effort to get a super clan mech into an IS unit.

Sorry, I find nothing orginal in this and if someone brought this to a pick up game im pretty sure someone would punch him in the face for it.

dester
Zandel_Corrin
02/08/10 05:46 PM

Just a note.... Clan Mechwarriors do not get to Choose there mechs anymore than IS house units do. They get what there given and then they can customize the load out a little... many are just give the Prime and that's it.

Also unless he's been with the clan for a very long time or done something really amazing like save a khan then there is no way in hell that a former IS bondsman would be given an assault mech to begin with.

And then there's the fact that the jade falcons don't and never really did take bondsman... they considered most if not all inner sphere to be worthless barbarians. There is only one instance that i know of when a Jade Falcon took a bondsman and he was one of the few warden warriors in the crusader clan.

Just something to think of.
Galaxy Commander
Zandel Corrin
Night Dragon Clan
CYBRN4CR
02/08/10 06:11 PM

Uh, gee thanks, I guess?

Look, I know it's a munchy and unoriginal design, but I've changed it now since the TC was now wasted space.

At any rate, there are only two Clan mechs out of the entire unit's 108 mechs. So it's not like I'm mass-producing these things. At least I took the time to try and create a believable background to warrant the ISHG having them in the first place.

Plus, an accurate energy weapon loadout makes sense as far as the Clans are concerned. Warriors might not have access to supply lines, and they like to flaunt the fact that they have better technology.

Do take a look at my other designs, as I put more of my time and effort into those.

Edited by CYBRN4CR (02/09/10 03:54 AM)
LAMdriver
02/08/10 09:08 PM

One of the things that is bothering me about this Mech is the Stealth Armor! The Capellen Stealth Armor from what I have read here on this site and others, and from a short story that was published by CGLs gives the mech a higher signature on thermo, and eletronic scanners so it appears like it is a different, heavier Mech. So what in the world could it appear as? A Drie Wolf is probably one of the biggest Clan mechs there is! So what is it going to look like on scanners? A Stone Rhino, a forming Volcano, The Devil asending from the pits of Hell?

Its an assualt Mech, IT DON"T NEED TO SNEAK AROUND! THEY KNOW YOUR COMING JUST FROM THE IMPACT TREMORS YOU PRODUCE WHILE WALKING!!!.....

God save us from the munchkins.
" The object of war is not to die for your country. It's to make some other bastard die for his!"--Patton

""War is Hell. Combat is a motherfucker."---General Tommy Franks

Edited by LAMdriver (02/08/10 09:09 PM)
CYBRN4CR
02/09/10 03:44 AM

Quote:

This design was extremely effective in Star Col. Alex's hands, and changed little until 3070 when the unit removed the C3 systems in favor of Cappellan stealth armor. In Star Col. Alex's Dire Wolf, the C3 slave was removed, and the TAG was moved to the head to make room for an Inner Sphere Guardian ECM suite (since the unit had limited access to Clan versions), leading to his final design.

Did you even read this part? Notice the design: it doesn't have stealth armor.
CYBRN4CR
02/09/10 04:15 AM

Well, I thought about what you said, and there is one thing that I cannot change, and that is the fact that Alex was taken Bondsman. It is a critical part of my unit's history. So if there were other Clans on Coventry in 3058, or if there were other worlds being attacked by other Clans that year, I'll be happy to make Alex a bondsman to that Clan.

Now as for the assault mech, while I would like to admit that ten years among the Clans is a long time, I concede, and I decided to give him a modified Summoner instead (the Jade Falcons field those quite often).
Zandel_Corrin
02/09/10 05:46 PM

I'm not saying that it's not possible that the Jade Falcons would take him bondsman just very unlikely. The only clan to take bondsmen on a regular basis was clan Wolf tho had they stayed longer the Diamond Sharks seemed to be leaning that way as well (they are always thinking of the money and bondsman make cheap labor).

Clan Jade Falcon was the ONLY clan to come to coventry that year as far as i know... need to check up on my history again but i think that's right.

The other point that doesn't quite sit right is the load out, the Falcons (and all the clans in general except the Wolves) relied heavily on missile and ballistic weapons because they ended fights quicker but i must admit that designs like the Mad Dog Prime or even the Dire Wolf Prime kind of make the non energy weapons seem like afterthoughts.

Your right about the Summoner tho, that was the premier Assault mech of the Falcon clan, they used them in so many different roles that almost any raid into Falcon territory would see you fighting at least one.
Galaxy Commander
Zandel Corrin
Night Dragon Clan
CYBRN4CR
02/09/10 10:33 PM

Well, since the Summoner design fits the canon (and my design in the appropriate thread is nice ) I hereby end the discussion on this topic and shift it over to that one.

Check it out!
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 175 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6719

Contact Admins Sarna.net