The Rifleman (Revisited)

Pages: 1
CYBRN4CR
07/28/10 03:15 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Ahh, the Rifleman. One of the old workhorses from the very beginnings of Battletech. I wanted to revisit the Rifleman because it is one of the first mechs I fell in love with (for its look mainly then later for its efficiency). I tried to see if there was any way possible to improve upon any of the designs without ruining them.

Taking a look at the 3N, I noticed it was pretty low on ammo for its ACs. For an anti-aircraft/long range mech, that is a huge drawback to suddenly lose your ACs after 10 turns of fire. Additionally, the heat pattern was barely enough to manage the main guns while standing. So I exchanged the medium lasers for one more ton of ammo and put both ammo slots in the arms instead of the center torso (so that if they explode at all, there is at least a side torso of buffer before it reaches the center). I also fiddled with the center front armor a bit (from 22 down to 20 and put those two points into the rear sides). Piddles, yeah, but the back could stand the minor reinforcement. The only thing I was left with was what to do with the other free ton. The design I have here gives it an 11th heat sink. With it the 3N can run and alpha once, then either stand and fire its ACs at +1 TH, or it can continue to run at -1MP. Either way it can cool off entirely.

Code:
Rifleman RFL-3N (Custom)

Mass: 60 tons
Tech Base: Inner Sphere
Chassis Config: Biped
Rules Level: Tournament Legal
Era: Succession Wars
Tech Rating/Era Availability: D/X-E-D
Production Year: 2770
Cost: 4,737,000 C-Bills
Battle Value: 979

Chassis: Kallon Type IV Standard
Power Plant: Pitban 240 Fusion Engine
Walking Speed: 43.0 km/h
Maximum Speed: 64.5 km/h
Jump Jets: None
Jump Capacity: 0 meters
Armor: Kallon Royalstar Standard Armor
Armament:
2 MagnaMk. III Large Lasers
2 Imperator-A Autocannon/5s
Manufacturer: Kallon Industries, Trellshire Heavy Industries, Red Devil Industries
Primary Factory: Talon, Thermopolis, Nanking (Kallon), Twycross (Trellshire), Pandora (Red Devil)
Communications System: Garret T11-A
Targeting and Tracking System: Garret D2j

================================================================================
Equipment Type Rating Mass
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internal Structure: Standard 99 points 6.00
Engine: Fusion Engine 240 11.50
Walking MP: 4
Running MP: 6
Jumping MP: 0
Heat Sinks: Single 11 1.00
Heat Sink Locations: 2 CT
Gyro: Standard Gyro 3.00
Cockpit: Standard 3.00
Actuators: L: SH+UA R: SH+UA
Armor: Standard Armor AV - 120 7.50

Internal Armor
Structure Factor
Head 3 6
Center Torso 20 20
Center Torso (rear) 4
L/R Torso 14 15
L/R Torso (rear) 3
L/R Arm 10 15
L/R Leg 14 12

================================================================================
Equipment Location Heat Critical Mass
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Large Laser RA 8 2 5.00
Autocannon/5 RA 1 4 8.00
Large Laser LA 8 2 5.00
Autocannon/5 LA 1 4 8.00
@AC/5 (20) RA - 1 1.00
@AC/5 (20) LA - 1 1.00
Free Critical Slots: 35

BattleForce Statistics
MV S (+0) M (+2) L (+4) E (+6) Wt. Ov Armor: 4 Points: 10
4 2 2 1 0 3 2 Structure: 5
Special Abilities: SRCH, ES, SOA

This would be fine except that running would mean an additional +2 TH, and that is murder when trying to hit someone at range. This made me ponder how often a Rifleman player would actually fire while running. When I think of the Rifleman, I think of a mech getting into position, but then staying in place to patrol the skies, only moving when threatened or to get into a better position. Plus, the original had the same heat pattern if it fired its long range weps while standing with only the base heat sinks, so I was thinking of turning that 11th heat sink into another ton of armor because it really needs it.

However, what made me stop and think was when I made the second line 3N (C) variant using my custom 3N for when the Clan's refit the weapons from their stash but otherwise don't do anything else. Here the 11th heat sink is actually necessary because it allows the mech to have a similar fire pattern as the original (save it cannot move after a standing alpha unless it drops the lbxs).

Code:
Rifleman RFL-3N (C) (Custom)

Tech Base: Mixed
Rules Level: Experimental Tech
Era: Clan Invasion
Tech Rating/Era Availability: F/X-X-C
Production Year: 3052
Cost: 5,392,000 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,330

Armament:
2 (CL) Large Pulse Lasers
2 (CL) LB 5-X ACs
Manufacturer: Kallon Industries, Trellshire Heavy Industries, Red Devil Industries
Primary Factory: Talon, Thermopolis, Nanking (Kallon), Twycross (Trellshire), Pandora (Red Devil)

Internal Armor
Structure Factor
Head 3 6
Center Torso 20 20
Center Torso (rear) 4
L/R Torso 14 15
L/R Torso (rear) 3
L/R Arm 10 15
L/R Leg 14 12

(CL) Large Pulse Laser RA 10 2 6.00
(CL) LB 5-X AC RA 1 4 7.00
(CL) Large Pulse Laser LA 10 2 6.00
(CL) LB 5-X AC LA 1 4 7.00
@LB 5-X (Slug) (20) RA - 1 1.00
@LB 5-X (Cluster) (20) LA - 1 1.00
Free Critical Slots: 35

BattleForce Statistics
MV S (+0) M (+2) L (+4) E (+6) Wt. Ov Armor: 4 Points: 13
4 2 2 2 0 3 1 Structure: 5
Special Abilities: SRCH, ES, SOA, FLK 0/0/0

That 11th heat sink also allows the 3C model I made based on my 3N chassis to be able to keep up the fire of its main guns while running the whole time, even after an alpha.

Code:
Rifleman RFL-3C (Custom)

Tech Rating/Era Availability: D/X-D-D
Production Year: 3025
Cost: 4,788,000 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,018

Armament:
2 Autocannon/10s
2 Medium Lasers

Internal Armor
Structure Factor
Head 3 6
Center Torso 20 20
Center Torso (rear) 4
L/R Torso 14 15
L/R Torso (rear) 3
L/R Arm 10 15
L/R Leg 14 12

Medium Laser RA 3 1 1.00
Autocannon/10 RA 3 7 12.00
Medium Laser LA 3 1 1.00
Autocannon/10 LA 3 7 12.00
@AC/10 (10) RA - 1 1.00
@AC/10 (10) LA - 1 1.00
Free Critical Slots: 31

BattleForce Statistics
MV S (+0) M (+2) L (+4) E (+6) Wt. Ov Armor: 4 Points: 10
4 1 1 0 0 3 0 Structure: 5
Special Abilities: SRCH, ES, SOA, AC 2/2/0

However, an analysis of the role of this model is necessary. With the AC10s having the same range as the LLs and having MLs as backup, I'm tempted to think the design as a rudimentary attempt by Hanse to make the Rifleman into a line mech, which would necessitate the needing to move around and still fire. However, it doesn't fit the mech's intended role as either a harasser, sniper, or anti-aircraft platform. One thing I could do is replace the two AC10s with quad AC2s and keep virtually everything the same except drop the 11th HS for more armor. This way the 3C can do all those roles decently well thanks to the range increase. But I need some more thoughts before I do that.

So what do you guys think? Should I drop the 11th heat sink for another ton of armor? Should I replace the 3C's AC10s for a quad AC2 battery? I would love to get some direct answers here, with opinions and testimonies being optional.
Karagin
07/28/10 02:51 PM

The Clan one I could see folks running into on a lot of the secondary worlds the Clans have taken in the Inner Sphere and some of the backwater worlds in Clan space. Something like this the Dragoons would have had when they arrived in the Inner Sphere.

The last one is a logical push towards arming the mech with Gauss weapons or better ACs.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
CYBRN4CR
07/29/10 04:27 AM

Quote:

The last one is a logical push towards arming the mech with Gauss weapons or better ACs.

Hmm, never thought of it like that. I'm glad at least the AC10s have the same range as the LLs and the design as a whole has a bit more total damage than the original (30+20 over 26+10) or I would really be tempted to change it for a quad AC2 battery.

For now, I'll keep them as they are until there is more reason to exchange the heat sink for armor.

Until then here is my take on the Rifleman 4D, which replaces the two PPCs (which it barely could support alone) with two large lasers for a total of four. The 4 spare tons from the PPCs went toward one more ton of armor, and three more heat sinks, allowing for a manageable alpha heat pattern even while running.

Code:
Rifleman RFL-4D (Custom)

Cost: 4,686,400 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,172

Armament:
4 MagnaMk. III Large Lasers

Heat Sinks: Single 18 8.00
Heat Sink Locations: 1 HD, 2 CT, 1 LA, 1 RA, 2 LL, 2 RL
Armor: Standard Armor AV - 136 8.50

Internal Armor
Structure Factor
Head 3 9
Center Torso 20 20
Center Torso (rear) 5
L/R Torso 14 16
L/R Torso (rear) 5
L/R Arm 10 16
L/R Leg 14 14

2 Large Lasers RA 16 4 10.00
2 Large Lasers LA 16 4 10.00
Free Critical Slots: 34

BattleForce Statistics
MV S (+0) M (+2) L (+4) E (+6) Wt. Ov Armor: 5 Points: 12
4 2 2 0 0 3 2 Structure: 5
Special Abilities: ENE, SRCH, ES, SOA

Last one of the era, this one is an an unusual variant of the Rifleman to which I believe was Samuel Sneede's of Snord's Irregulars. His mech is a derivative of the 4D, but it strips the existing long range armament for an even longer range combo of an LRM20 and a PPC. Backing them up is a duet of MLs which exchanged the two heat sinks in the CT. The 16 heat sinks still left over keep the mech cool at range, while the leftover ton went toward armoring the mech.

Code:
Rifleman Sneede (Custom)

Cost: 4,964,000 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,256

Armament:
1 LRM-20
1 PPC
2 Medium Lasers

Heat Sinks: Single 16 6.00
Heat Sink Locations: 1 HD, 2 RA, 2 LL, 2 RL
Armor: Standard Armor AV - 152 9.50

Internal Armor
Structure Factor
Head 3 9
Center Torso 20 24
Center Torso (rear) 5
L/R Torso 14 18
L/R Torso (rear) 5
L/R Arm 10 18
L/R Leg 14 16

PPC RA 10 3 7.00
LRM-20 LA 6 5 10.00
2 Medium Lasers CT 6 2 2.00
@LRM-20 (12) LA - 2 2.00
Free Critical Slots: 32

BattleForce Statistics
MV S (+0) M (+2) L (+4) E (+6) Wt. Ov Armor: 5 Points: 13
4 2 2 1 0 3 0 Structure: 5
Special Abilities: SRCH, ES, SOA, LRM 0/1/1, IF 1

CYBRN4CR
07/29/10 11:21 PM

Here's another one I'm thinking of giving Sneede. Reading into Snord's history of being eccentric, I wanted to make a design that was a bit odd while not seeming any different than standard models of the day. Taking a peek into the CBT forums I found my answer. Based off a suggested design, this model intended to be Sneede's ride couples the 4D's quad LLs into two Blazers. Radical at the time, and very jury coupled, the Blazer-equipped Rifleman now had the unheard of ability to completely headcap opponents at the expense of having more chances to hit with its weapons and better crit protection. Still with enough heatsinks to alpha with two Blazers and then cool off the next turn while running the whole time makes this refit quite dangerous. Not wanting any secondary weapons, Sneede had all the spare tonnage from coupling the LLs go to armor for a total of 10.5 tons, also unheard of for any Rifleman of the day. With the same visual appearance of the 4D, Sneede can surprise his opponents with his newfound mech's abilities.

Code:
Rifleman Sneede 2 (Custom)

Rules Level: Experimental Tech
Tech Rating/Era Availability: D/X-E-E
Cost: 4,718,400 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,283

Armament:
2 Binary Laser Cannons

Armor: Standard Armor AV - 168 10.50

Internal Armor
Structure Factor
Head 3 9
Center Torso 20 24
Center Torso (rear) 5
L/R Torso 14 18
L/R Torso (rear) 5
L/R Arm 10 18
L/R Leg 14 24

Binary Laser Cannon RA 16 4 9.00
Binary Laser Cannon LA 16 4 9.00
Free Critical Slots: 34

BattleForce Statistics
MV S (+0) M (+2) L (+4) E (+6) Wt. Ov Armor: 6 Points: 13
4 2 2 0 0 3 1 Structure: 5

Karagin
07/29/10 11:24 PM

Nice but Sneed had a much repaired Rifleman, not a state of the art wonder machine.
Karagin

CYBRN4CR
07/30/10 12:44 AM

Hmm. Didn't think the Blazers were that state of the art. They are basically two large lasers paired together so that they fire one focused beam. The idea was also introduced in 2812, so I'm sure by 3025 the means to make blazers would be more widespread, if largely dismissed in favor of the PPC or two standard LLs.

To quote Cray on CBT:

Quote:

The Blazer Cannon was never intended to be a Helm Memory Core wondertoy, it was intended to be a hillybilly 3rd SW laser cannon put together by half-literate techs and MechWarriors with freudian issues and little understanding that "bigger isn't always better.

Given that quote, and the backstory of Snord's Irregulars, I immediately thought that would be something Sneede and Snord techs would come up with seeking that ever elusive headcapper weapon.

But, if that still is an issue I came up with a simple tournament legal solution.

Code:
Rifleman Sneede 3 (Custom)

Cost: 4,974,400 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,308

Armament:
2 PPCs
4 Medium Lasers

Armor: Standard Armor AV - 168 10.50

Internal Armor
Structure Factor
Head 3 9
Center Torso 20 24
Center Torso (rear) 5
L/R Torso 14 18
L/R Torso (rear) 5
L/R Arm 10 18
L/R Leg 14 24

PPC RA 10 3 7.00
2 Medium Lasers RA 6 2 2.00
PPC LA 10 3 7.00
2 Medium Lasers LA 6 2 2.00
Free Critical Slots: 32

BattleForce Statistics
4 3 3 2 0 3 1 Structure: 5

CYBRN4CR
07/30/10 02:02 AM

Quote:

2 PPCs
4 Medium Lasers

Omg. O_O I just found the non ammo dependent replacement to the 3C. Extends the range of those 10 damage smackers, and doubles the ML loadout. Sneede can keep his heavily armored variant, but I will give the 3C version two more HS to be able to fire those PPCs constantly while standing. I still keep the twin gun feel by having one ML in each arm to compliment the PPCs and put the other two in the CT.

Code:
Rifleman RFL-3C (Custom)

Cost: 4,948,800 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,238

Armament:
2 PPCs
4 Medium Lasers

Heat Sinks: Single 20 10.00
Heat Sink Locations: 1 HD, 3 LA, 3 RA, 2 LL, 2 RL
Armor: Standard Armor AV - 136 8.50

Internal Armor
Structure Factor
Head 3 9
Center Torso 20 20
Center Torso (rear) 5
L/R Torso 14 16
L/R Torso (rear) 5
L/R Arm 10 16
L/R Leg 14 14

PPC RA 10 3 7.00
Medium Laser RA 3 1 1.00
PPC LA 10 3 7.00
Medium Laser LA 3 1 1.00
Free Critical Slots: 30

BattleForce Statistics
MV S (+0) M (+2) L (+4) E (+6) Wt. Ov Armor: 5 Points: 12
4 3 3 2 0 3 1 Structure: 5

CYBRN4CR
07/30/10 02:43 AM

Ok. Well I think I'm done working with the pre-clan invasion versions (the 3N (C) version excluded). Unless there is any issue with any of the previous designs, I'm moving on to the designs after the Clans invaded.

The first logical upgrade design is the 5D. After getting bashed by Smoke Jaguar invasion forces, the Draconis Combine wanted to upgrade the old 4D in order to combat the Clans. Taking into stock the best technology they had available, and also employing some FC technologies thanks to Victor Steiner Davion, the DC was able to produce the 5D, which upgrades the LLs to ER versions. The engine was also upgraded to an XL version, freeing up tonnage for an additional 3.5 tons of armor. Keeping the mech cool are 19 double heatsinks and the final ton was saved for the newest of DC technologies - a C3 slave - so that it can take advantage of the shared telemetry from its lancemates. The result is a very dangerous quad gun mech, good not just for anti-air duty, but also for long-range sniping and giving some Clan warriors that much needed pause in their usual brazen nature.

Code:
Rifleman RFL-5D (Custom)

Tech Rating/Era Availability: E/X-X-E
Cost: 10,547,200 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,499

Chassis: Unknown Standard
Power Plant: Unknown 240 Fusion XL Engine
Armor: Unknown Standard Armor
Armament:
4 ER Large Lasers
1 C3 Computer (Slave)
Manufacturer: Unknown
Primary Factory: Unknown
Communications System: Unknown
Targeting and Tracking System: Unknown

Engine: XL Fusion Engine 240 6.00
Heat Sinks: Double 19(38) 9.00
Heat Sink Locations: 3 LT, 3 RT, 2 LA, 2 RA
Armor: Standard Armor AV - 192 12.00

Internal Armor
Structure Factor
Head 3 9
Center Torso 20 26
Center Torso (rear) 9
L/R Torso 14 20
L/R Torso (rear) 8
L/R Arm 10 20
L/R Leg 14 26

2 ER Large Lasers RA 24 4 10.00
2 ER Large Lasers LA 24 4 10.00
C3 Computer (Slave) HD 0 1 1.00
Free Critical Slots: 6

BattleForce Statistics
MV S (+0) M (+2) L (+4) E (+6) Wt. Ov Armor: 6 Points: 15
4 3 3 3 0 3 1 Structure: 3
Special Abilities: C3S, ENE, SRCH, ES, SOA

Karagin
07/30/10 01:25 PM

Nice of Cray to say, but he is not a power that is or be. So given that it is new tech, and that it better then 3025 tech, it is a wonder toy.

Also I know most of the new weapons, I have used a few, read about the others, so please stop explaining them to me. You want to use them, fine do so, I won't be using them in a 3025 tech base game.
Karagin

CYBRN4CR
07/30/10 07:41 PM

That's fine. I was just expressing my impressions about the Blazer. If it felt like I was explaining the Blazer to you, then I didn't mean to do so.

Besides, no need to worry about Sneede's Rifleman anyway. I don't know how much of an impact he has on the whole BT scenario, but I figure it's pretty minor unless you know of some evidence to the contrary (like he had a significant mention in a BT novel or in a sourcebook somewhere).
Karagin
07/31/10 08:12 AM

Sneed and crew are an off shoot of the Dragoons, they play a minor role. See the old Dragoon sourcebook, Snord's Irregulars Scenario pack and Rhonda's Irregular Source/scenario book.
Karagin

CYBRN4CR
07/31/10 02:16 PM

Will do!

In the meantime, here are my thoughts on the 5M. Now while I could have gone with a simple upgrade keeping the canon 5M's Ultra ACs and having the design out sooner, I saw one particular design pattern repeated over several times on the CBT forums and praised for being a superior Rifleman variant. That design chose to have twin LBX5s instead and paired them with twin ERLLs. So I chose to mimic that pattern and make it the new 5M. In my variation, I based the chassis off my 5D, keeping the engine, armor, C3 slave, and most of the internal components unchanged for simplicity. Making room for the LBXs and ammo necessitated the removal of two of the ERLLs, six DHS, and the chassis upgraded to an Endo Steel version. Keeping the torso reasonably safe from the off chance the ammo in the arms explode are two CASEs, rounding out the upgrade.

Code:
Rifleman RFL-5M (Custom)

Production Year: 3058
Cost: 10,954,800 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,306

Chassis: Unknown Endo-Steel
Armor: Unknown Standard Armor w/ CASE
Armament:
2 ER Large Lasers
2 LB 5-X ACs
1 C3 Computer (Slave)

Internal Structure: Endo-Steel 99 points 3.00
Internal Locations: 2 CT, 2 LT, 2 RT, 2 LA, 2 RA, 2 LL, 2 RL
Engine: XL Fusion Engine 240 6.00
Heat Sinks: Double 13(26) 3.00
Heat Sink Locations: 2 LT, 2 RT
CASE Locations: 1 LT, 1 RT 1.00

Internal Armor
Structure Factor
Head 3 9
Center Torso 20 26
Center Torso (rear) 9
L/R Torso 14 20
L/R Torso (rear) 8
L/R Arm 10 20
L/R Leg 14 26

ER Large Laser RA 12 2 5.00
LB 5-X AC RA 1 5 8.00
ER Large Laser LA 12 2 5.00
LB 5-X AC LA 1 5 8.00
@LB 5-X (Cluster) (20) RA - 1 1.00
@LB 5-X (Cluster) (20) LA - 1 1.00
Free Critical Slots: 0

BattleForce Statistics
4 3 3 3 0 3 0 Structure: 3
Special Abilities: C3S, CASE, SRCH, ES, SOA, FLK 0/0/0

Karagin
07/31/10 02:37 PM

Interesting, why not go all out and add in some of the newer tech like the compact gyro or cockpit?
Karagin

CYBRN4CR
07/31/10 09:52 PM

Quote:

Production Year: 3058

They didn't have those back when the LBX5 first came out.
CYBRN4CR
08/01/10 12:46 AM

Just finished mulling over the 6D's upgrade. Since I noticed that the 6D had a similar weapons loadout to the later 9T, I had a choice to make. I could chose either the 6D or the 9T to be the Fed Sun totem variant for its new light AC5s and specialty ammo. Since the long range firepower of either variant was pretty low, I chose the 9T to be the totem because its Stealth armor makes it difficult for enemy mechs to return fire at range. With this decision settled, I changed the 6D's focus to be the totem variant for the DC's new Light PPCs, and a potential replacement for the aging fleet of 5Ds.

The first thing I did was strip out all the ERLLs and 5 DHS to make room for 6 LPPCs and a TC, courtesy of Victor. Next, thanks to Blackwell Corp, the 6D was given a light engine to increase its durability. Lastly, 11 tons of FF armor saves enough tonnage to keep the C3 Slave from the previous variant intact. While this 6D doesn't have as much range as my 5D, the selling points are the increased accuracy from the TC, the added durability from the light engine, and the reduced cost overall (about 1.2mil cheaper) at no loss to the mech's networking ability.

Code:
Rifleman RFL-6D (Custom)

Production Year: 3067
Cost: 9,363,200 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,567

Power Plant: Unknown 240 Light Fusion Engine
Armor: Unknown Ferro-Fibrous
Armament:
6 Light PPCs
1 C3 Computer (Slave)

Engine: Light Fusion Engine 240 9.00
Heat Sinks: Double 14(28) 4.00
Heat Sink Locations: 2 LT, 1 RT, 1 LA, 1 RA
Armor: Ferro-Fibrous AV - 197 11.00
Armor Locations: 2 CT, 4 LT, 2 RT, 1 LA, 1 RA, 2 LL, 2 RL

Internal Armor
Structure Factor
Head 3 9
Center Torso 20 28
Center Torso (rear) 8
L/R Torso 14 20
L/R Torso (rear) 8
L/R Arm 10 20
L/R Leg 14 28

3 Light PPCs RA 15 6 9.00
3 Light PPCs LA 15 6 9.00
Targeting Computer RT - 5 5.00

BattleForce Statistics
MV S (+0) M (+2) L (+4) E (+6) Wt. Ov Armor: 7 Points: 16
4 3 4 4 0 3 0 Structure: 3

I'm also posting the Fed Sun's 9T since it was mentioned here. I didn't change much with the loadout except remove the two ERMLs for two more tons of ammo in the left torso. All the ammo is intended to be 4t of precision ammo, but it can be changed based on need and ammo available. Since there was enough space, I gave the 9T an endo chassis, which freed enough tonnage for 3t more armor for full coverage (-1 point) and one more DHS which was placed in the right torso with the other DHS and the TC.

Code:
Rifleman RFL-9T (Custom)

Tech Rating/Era Availability: E/X-X-F
Production Year: 3071
Cost: 6,637,600 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,558

Power Plant: Unknown 240 Fusion Engine
Armor: Unknown Stealth Armor w/ CASE
Armament:
2 Light PPCs
2 Light AC/5s
1 Guardian ECM Suite

Internal Locations: 1 HD, 5 LT, 4 LA, 4 RA
Heat Sinks: Double 11(22) 1.00
Heat Sink Locations: 2 RT
Armor: Stealth Armor AV - 200 12.50
Armor Locations: 2 LT, 2 RT, 2 LA, 2 RA, 2 LL, 2 RL
CASE Locations: 1 LT 0.50

Internal Armor
Structure Factor
Head 3 9
Center Torso 20 30
Center Torso (rear) 9
L/R Torso 14 20
L/R Torso (rear) 8
L/R Arm 10 20
L/R Leg 14 28

Light PPC RA 5 2 3.00
Light AC/5 RA 1 2 5.00
Light PPC LA 5 2 3.00
Light AC/5 LA 1 2 5.00
Targeting Computer RT - 4 4.00
Guardian ECM Suite CT 0 2 1.50
@LAC/5 (Precision) (40) LT - 4 4.00

BattleForce Statistics
MV S (+0) M (+2) L (+4) E (+6) Wt. Ov Armor: 7 Points: 16
4 1 2 2 0 3 0 Structure: 5
Special Abilities: ECM, STL, CASE, SRCH, ES, SOA, AC 1/1/0

CYBRN4CR
08/02/10 01:15 AM

Just finalized all the Project Phoenix variants up to the 9T. My impression of the PPX Rifleman is a mixed one. Not too sure what to make of it, looks a little odd, and the weapon mixes are pretty standard to lackluster. I frankly did not want to do too much to the loadouts, since I prefer the non PPX Rifleman variants, but I wanted to make them more into the wondertoy mechs that they are - filled with all the best tech of the time, but ultimately average upgrades at best.

For the generic 6X, I upgraded the engine to a light engine which necessitated a speed reduction to the Rifleman's historic speeds. To save weight, the cockpit was reduced to a small version, and the gyro upgraded to an XL version. I kept the armament the same except I upgraded the small lasers to medium ones. I also moved all the ammo to the arms, keeping it away from the engine if it explodes. Rounding out the upgrade is an additional DHS, a Guardian ECM in the head, and a .5t reduction in armor. One thing to note is that the rear armor, unlike the previous upgrades, has been reduced to its historic levels. However, the cost has been chopped by about 2.2mil, something potential buyers would appreciate.

Code:
Rifleman RFL-6X (Custom)

Cost: 10,009,600 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,456

Armament:
2 LB 10-X ACs
4 ER Medium Lasers
1 Guardian ECM Suite

Internal Locations: 5 LT, 5 RT, 2 LL, 2 RL
Heat Sink Locations: 1 LT, 1 RT
Gyro: Extra-Light Gyro 1.50
Cockpit: Small 2.00
Armor: Standard Armor AV - 176 11.00

Internal Armor
Structure Factor
Head 3 9
Center Torso 20 24
Center Torso (rear) 5
L/R Torso 14 20
L/R Torso (rear) 5
L/R Arm 10 20
L/R Leg 14 24

LB 10-X AC RA 2 6 11.00
ER Medium Laser RA 5 1 1.00
LB 10-X AC LA 2 6 11.00
ER Medium Laser LA 5 1 1.00
ER Medium Laser RT 5 1 1.00
ER Medium Laser LT 5 1 1.00
Guardian ECM Suite HD 0 2 1.50
@LB 10-X (Slug) (10) RA - 1 1.00
@LB 10-X (Cluster) (10) RA - 1 1.00
@LB 10-X (Slug) (10) LA - 1 1.00
@LB 10-X (Cluster) (10) LA - 1 1.00
Free Critical Slots: 2

BattleForce Statistics
4 4 4 2 0 3 0 Structure: 3
Special Abilities: ECM, CASE, SRCH, ES, SOA, FLK 1/1/1

For the FWL's 7M, the LBXs of the 6X have been replaced by Light gausses. The ammo tonnage and the 6X's four ERMLs have been left alone. However, to free up tonnage for these changes, one of the DHSs have been removed, and the remaining space has been filled with 10t of the FWL's newest Light Ferro armor. The rear armor, however, has been left untouched in the upgrade. Overall, the new 7M is 1.2mil cheaper than the canon.

Code:
Rifleman RFL-7M (Custom)

Cost: 9,680,000 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,464

Armor: Unknown Light Ferro-Fibrous w/ CASE
Armament:
2 Light Gauss Rifles
4 ER Medium Lasers
1 Guardian ECM Suite

Heat Sinks: Double 10(20) 0.00
Heat Sink Locations: 1 RT
Armor: Light Ferro-Fibrous AV - 169 10.00
Armor Locations: 3 LT, 2 LA, 2 RA

Internal Armor
Structure Factor
Head 3 9
Center Torso 20 25
Center Torso (rear) 5
L/R Torso 14 20
L/R Torso (rear) 5
L/R Arm 10 20
L/R Leg 14 20

Light Gauss Rifle RA 1 5 12.00
ER Medium Laser RA 5 1 1.00
Light Gauss Rifle LA 1 5 12.00
ER Medium Laser LA 5 1 1.00
Guardian ECM Suite HD 0 2 1.50
@Light Gauss Rifle (32) RA - 2 2.00
@Light Gauss Rifle (32) LA - 2 2.00

BattleForce Statistics
4 4 4 2 0 3 0 Structure: 3
Special Abilities: ECM, CASE, SRCH, ES, SOA

Finally for Comstar's 8D, the ECM of the 6X has been exchanged for an iC3 computer, while the LBXs ammo, and ERMLs in the 6X's arms have been replaced with the canon's Rotary AC5s and 6t of ammo. The final ton went to improving the armor to match the canon 12t of standard armor. While the new 8D doesn't have jump jets, its ability to join in Comstar's iC3 network along with its improved durability is far more valuable for only .2mil less.

Code:
Rifleman RFL-8D (Custom)

Cost: 10,257,600 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,628

Armament:
2 Rotary AC/5s
2 ER Medium Lasers
1 Improved C3 Computer

Internal Armor
Structure Factor
Head 3 9
Center Torso 20 26
Center Torso (rear) 9
L/R Torso 14 20
L/R Torso (rear) 8
L/R Arm 10 20
L/R Leg 14 26

Rotary AC/5 RA 1 6 10.00
Rotary AC/5 LA 1 6 10.00
Improved C3 Computer HD 0 2 2.50
@Rotary AC/5 (60) RA - 3 3.00
@Rotary AC/5 (60) LA - 3 3.00

BattleForce Statistics
MV S (+0) M (+2) L (+4) E (+6) Wt. Ov Armor: 6 Points: 16
4 5 5 0 0 3 0 Structure: 3
Special Abilities: C3I, CASE, MHQ2, SRCH, ES, SOA

Should be all I'll do for the Rifleman. Any more would have to come from any new TROs like the 3085 one, but I'll have to see how well Catalyst does with 'em.
Karagin
08/02/10 02:50 AM

Did you get the new one out of TRO3085?
Karagin

CYBRN4CR
08/02/10 05:23 AM

Haven't looked at it yet, but glad to know one exists.

EDIT:

Code:
RFL-7X
Type: Rifleman
Technology Base: Inner Sphere
Tonnage: 60
Battle Value: 1,645
Equipment/Mass
Internal Structure: Endo Steel/3
Engine: 360XL/16.5
Walking MP: 6
Running MP: 9
Jumping MP: 6
Heat Sinks: 12[24]/2
Gyro (XL): 2
Cockpit: 3
Armor Factor (Light Ferro): 161/9.5
Internal Armor
Structure Value
Head 3 9
Center Torso 20 22
Center Torso (rear) 6
R/L Torso 14 20
R/L Torso (rear) 4
R/L Arm 10 18
R/L Leg 14 20
Weapons and Ammo/Location/Critical/Tonnage
Light PPC/RA/2/3
Snub-Nose PPC/RA/2/6
Light PPC/LA/2/3
Snub-Nose PPC/LA/2/6
Jump Jet/RL/1/1
Jump Jets/RT/2/2
Jump Jets/LT/2/2
Jump Jet/LL/1/1

Wow. Um. Not sure what to feel about this one, it's a very different take on the Rifleman. Similar twin guns per arm feel but an extreme leap from the old. Based on what I did, it's a little like the 6D that I made for the DC, but now exchanges four of the LPPCs for two Snubs, and removes most everything else to get the speed and the jumpjet ability. Armor's very light tho, so I don't know how well it will perform in that role. Would be better with more armor and a light engine.

Don't even get me started with the XXL Clan variant mentioned in the TRO, but the 8X with it's ERPPCs would be interesting to make as a kind of long deserved upgrade to my 3C with the PPCs and MLs.

Edited by CYBRN4CR (08/02/10 05:51 AM)
CYBRN4CR
08/03/10 08:31 AM

When I made the RFL-8X based on the blurb given, I actually found it hard to improve anything about the design. The only change I could make without changing it significantly was to convert the cockpit to a small one (so it matches my PPX series almost in an omnimech style manner) and use the space to squeeze in a C3 slave. Otherwise everything else about the design is what I believe to be the canon 8X.

Code:
Rifleman RFL-8X (Custom)

Production Year: 3085
Cost: 10,665,600 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,820

Power Plant: Unknown 300 Light Fusion Engine
Walking Speed: 53.75 km/h
Maximum Speed: 86.0 km/h
Armor: Unknown Light Ferro-Fibrous
Armament:
    2  ER PPCs
    2  ER Medium Lasers
    1  C3 Computer (Slave)

Equipment           Type                         Rating                   Mass  
Internal Structure: Endo-Steel                    99 points                3.00
Engine:             Light Fusion Engine          300                      14.50
    Walking MP: 5
    Running MP: 8
Heat Sinks:         Double                       16(32)                    6.00
    Heat Sink Locations: 2 LA, 2 RA
Gyro:               Extra-Light Gyro                                       1.50
Cockpit:            Small                                                  2.00
    Actuators:      L: SH+UA    R: SH+UA
Armor:              Light Ferro-Fibrous          AV - 201                 12.00
    Armor Locations: 1 HD, 4 LT, 1 LA, 1 RA

Internal       Armor      
                                                      Structure      Factor     
                                                Head     3            9         
                                        Center Torso     20           30        
                                 Center Torso (rear)                  10        
                                           L/R Torso     14           20        
                                    L/R Torso (rear)                  8         
                                             L/R Arm     10           20        
                                             L/R Leg     14           28        

Equipment                                 Location    Heat    Critical    Mass  
ER PPC                                       RA        15        3         7.00
ER PPC                                       LA        15        3         7.00
ER Medium Laser                              RT        5         1         1.00
Targeting Computer                           RT        -         4         4.00
ER Medium Laser                              LT        5         1         1.00
C3 Computer (Slave)                          HD        0         1         1.00

BattleForce Statistics
MV      S (+0)  M (+2)  L (+4)  E (+6)   Wt.   Ov   Armor:      7    Points: 18
5          3       3       2       0      3     1   Structure:  3

While certainly the RAFs 8X is an impressive machine, it comes as quite the late upgrade to my alternate 3C. So I sought to make an earlier upgrade. Taking a look at my 5D, I found the perfect chassis to base the design off of, since the canon 5D originally had ERPPCs. Switching out the ERLLs for two ERPPCs was a snap. That left me with 6t leftover which went towards a triad of MPLs to honor the alternate 3Cs love for having a barrage of lasers to back up the long range punchers. What resulted was a very nice field mod (designated the 5C) that was worthy of being my 3Cs modern incarnation.

Code:
Rifleman RFL-5C

Cost: 10,515,200 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,443

Armament:
    2  ER PPCs
    3  Medium Pulse Lasers
    1  C3 Computer (Slave)

Equipment           Type                         Rating                   Mass  
Internal Structure: Standard                      99 points                6.00
Engine:             XL Fusion Engine             240                       6.00
Heat Sinks:         Double                       19(38)                    9.00
    Heat Sink Locations: 3 LT, 3 RT, 2 LA, 2 RA
Gyro:               Standard Gyro                                          3.00
Cockpit:            Standard                                               3.00
    Actuators:      L: SH+UA    R: SH+UA
Armor:              Standard Armor               AV - 192                 12.00

Internal       Armor      
                                                      Structure      Factor     
                                                Head     3            9         
                                        Center Torso     20           26        
                                 Center Torso (rear)                  9         
                                           L/R Torso     14           20        
                                    L/R Torso (rear)                  8         
                                             L/R Arm     10           20        
                                             L/R Leg     14           26        

Equipment                                 Location    Heat    Critical    Mass  
ER PPC                                       RA        15        3         7.00
Medium Pulse Laser                           RA        4         1         2.00
ER PPC                                       LA        15        3         7.00
Medium Pulse Laser                           LA        4         1         2.00
Medium Pulse Laser                           CT        4         1         2.00
C3 Computer (Slave)                          HD        0         1         1.00
                                            Free Critical Slots: 5

BattleForce Statistics
MV      S (+0)  M (+2)  L (+4)  E (+6)   Wt.   Ov   Armor:      6    Points: 14
4          4       4       2       0      3     0   Structure:  3

Edited by CYBRN4CR (08/03/10 08:34 AM)
Jon
08/03/10 05:00 PM

These are all very cool Rifleman designs, but where are the stats for the Snub Nosed PPC's and Binary Lasers? The rest i know how to find...
CYBRN4CR
08/03/10 05:28 PM

Thanks! Here are the links to the weps.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Binary_Laser_Cannon

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Snub-Nose_PPC
CYBRN4CR
08/04/10 03:16 AM

Finally was able to get a grip on the 7X. At first, building to spec, I noticed a lot of empty space in the design, which was a shame as it could have gone toward upgrading the armor to standard Ferro for a bit more armor protection. Converting the cockpit would have also been helpful as it would allow another full ton of protection for an ending total of 10.5t of FF armor. After that, I wondered if there was anything more I could do. For that version, no. So here is the first of my improvement suggestions for the 7X.

Code:
Rifleman RFL-7X (Custom)

Cost: 15,182,400 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,646

Power Plant: Unknown 360 Fusion XL Engine
Walking Speed: 64.5 km/h
Maximum Speed: 96.75 km/h
Jump Capacity: 180 meters
Armament:
2 Snub-Nose PPCs
2 Light PPCs

Engine: XL Fusion Engine 360 16.50
Walking MP: 6
Running MP: 9
Jumping MP: 6 Standard
Jump Jet Locations: 3 LT, 3 RT 6.00
Heat Sinks: Double 12(24) 2.00
Gyro: Extra-Light Gyro 2.00
Armor: Ferro-Fibrous AV - 188 10.50
Armor Locations: 1 LT, 1 RT, 6 LA, 6 RA

Internal Armor
Structure Factor
Head 3 9
Center Torso 20 25
Center Torso (rear) 8
L/R Torso 14 20
L/R Torso (rear) 8
L/R Arm 10 20
L/R Leg 14 25

Light PPC RA 5 2 3.00
Snub-Nose PPC RA 10 2 6.00
Light PPC LA 5 2 3.00
Snub-Nose PPC LA 10 2 6.00

BattleForce Statistics
6j 3 2 1 0 3 1 Structure: 3

Still, that XL engine bugged me. In a time where Light engines are the norm, I felt the shift to an XL engine just for the speed and jumping ability was a bit too far for a Rifleman. So I decided to see if I could do better. What resulted was a 7X that keeps the small cockpit, xl gyro, light engine, and endo pattern that I gave my PPX series. However, it looses the jumpjets and some of the speed for a Targeting Computer and four more DHS, which I felt would help more. Thankfully, there was just enough space and tonnage left to mount 10t of Light Ferro armor, the same level of armor my 7M has, which was nice. All in all, this new 7X is one of the most efficient designs to date, and frankly I don't think there is any further way to improve it without changing it radically. So with no further ado, here is my perfected 7X.

Code:
Rifleman RFL-7X (Custom)

Cost: 10,457,600 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,598

Power Plant: Unknown 300 Light Fusion Engine
Walking Speed: 53.75 km/h
Maximum Speed: 86.0 km/h
Armor: Unknown Light Ferro-Fibrous
Armament:
2 Snub-Nose PPCs
2 Light PPCs

Engine: Light Fusion Engine 300 14.50
Walking MP: 5
Running MP: 8
Heat Sinks: Double 16(32) 6.00
Heat Sink Locations: 2 LA, 2 RA
Armor: Light Ferro-Fibrous AV - 169 10.00
Armor Locations: 2 HD, 5 LT

Internal Armor
Structure Factor
Head 3 9
Center Torso 20 25
Center Torso (rear) 5
L/R Torso 14 20
L/R Torso (rear) 5
L/R Arm 10 20
L/R Leg 14 20

Light PPC RA 5 2 3.00
Snub-Nose PPC RA 10 2 6.00
Light PPC LA 5 2 3.00
Snub-Nose PPC LA 10 2 6.00
Targeting Computer RT - 5 5.00

BattleForce Statistics
5 4 3 2 0 3 0 Structure: 3

And that ends my 60t IS Rifleman builds. There are also some heavier Rifleman variants, which I will post here as they are related mechs, including the IIC versions. So look forward to those, but until then peace out! 8)
CYBRN4CR
08/06/10 03:20 AM

Here is my take on the SLDF Royal Rifleman. The original one had LPLs and no CASEs, even though they were available. Blech. So I upgraded the LPLs to ER versions, freeing tonnage for two CASEs, double the ammo, and removing the active probe saved tonnage and space for 2.5t more armor.

Code:
Rifleman II RFL-3N-2 (Custom)

Mass: 80 tons
Era: Age of War/Star League
Tech Rating/Era Availability: E/E-F-E
Production Year: 2750
Cost: 18,794,200 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,756

Chassis: Kallon Type IV Endo-Steel
Power Plant: Pitban 320 Fusion XL Engine
Armor: Kallon Royalstar Standard Armor w/ CASE
Armament:
2 ER Large Lasers
2 LB 10-X ACs
2 Medium Lasers

Internal Structure: Endo-Steel 122 points 4.00
Engine: XL Fusion Engine 320 11.50
Gyro: Standard Gyro 4.00
Armor: Standard Armor AV - 232 14.50

Internal Armor
Structure Factor
Head 3 9
Center Torso 25 35
Center Torso (rear) 8
L/R Torso 17 26
L/R Torso (rear) 8
L/R Arm 13 26
L/R Leg 17 30

LB 10-X AC RA 2 6 11.00
LB 10-X AC LA 2 6 11.00
Free Critical Slots: 1

BattleForce Statistics
MV S (+0) M (+2) L (+4) E (+6) Wt. Ov Armor: 8 Points: 18
4 4 4 3 0 4 0 Structure: 4
Special Abilities: CASE, SRCH, ES, SOA, FLK 1/1/1

Then there's Gray Norton's "special" Rifleman...filled with more pulse lasers and jammable ultra AC5s. Ick. Frankly, I felt he always piloted a Royal Rifleman, but the 10t difference made that difficult to assume. Still, I was able to mimic my loadout of the Royal Rifleman (which is more reliable and has more reach) on the heavier chassis, just with more DHS in the engine and more armor. So until the mystery of his heavier Rifleman has been solved, here is the Legend Killer.

Code:
Rifleman Legend Killer (Custom)

Mass: 90 tons
Era: Age of War/Star League
Tech Rating/Era Availability: E/E-F-E
Production Year: 2750
Cost: 23,473,900 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,908

Chassis: Kallon Type IV Endo-Steel
Power Plant: Pitban 360 Fusion XL Engine
Armor: Kallon Royalstar Standard Armor w/ CASE
Armament:
2 ER Large Lasers
2 LB 10-X ACs
2 Medium Lasers

Internal Structure: Endo-Steel 138 points 4.50
Engine: XL Fusion Engine 360 16.50
Gyro: Standard Gyro 4.00
Armor: Standard Armor AV - 272 17.00

Internal Armor
Structure Factor
Head 3 9
Center Torso 29 42
Center Torso (rear) 9
L/R Torso 19 30
L/R Torso (rear) 8
L/R Arm 15 30
L/R Leg 19 38

LB 10-X AC RA 2 6 11.00
LB 10-X AC LA 2 6 11.00

BattleForce Statistics
MV S (+0) M (+2) L (+4) E (+6) Wt. Ov Armor: 9 Points: 19
4 4 4 3 0 4 0 Structure: 4
Special Abilities: CASE, SRCH, ES, SOA, FLK 1/1/1

CYBRN4CR
08/11/10 12:54 AM

Finalizing my Rifleman revisits are the IIC variants. Since a lot of the IIC variants were slower than the IS Rifleman, I decided to normalize the speed to 4/6 and convert the engines to XL versions. I kept the weapon loadouts mostly the same, tweaking only what I felt was necessary for each variant.

For the prime variant, I removed the spare ERSL and .5t of armor for the 20th DHS, and exchanged the probe for the 4th JJ. Otherwise, everything else is the same, save the ES and FF crits are all in the torso instead of spread around. This was intentional, to show how the Clans might have been beaten without having reduced armor or an inefficient base chassis. And the Rifleman IIC is no exception.

Code:
Rifleman IIC RFL-IIC (Custom)

Mass: 65 tons
Tech Base: Clan
Tech Rating/Era Availability: F/X-X-D
Production Year: 3050
Cost: 12,073,325 C-Bills
Battle Value: 2,324

Power Plant: Unknown 260 Fusion XL Engine
Jump Jets: Unknown
Jump Capacity: 120 meters
Armament:
4 Large Pulse Lasers

Internal Structure: Endo-Steel 104 points 3.50
Internal Locations: 1 HD, 3 LT, 3 RT
Engine: XL Fusion Engine 260 7.00
Jumping MP: 4 Standard
Jump Jet Locations: 2 LL, 2 RL 4.00
Heat Sinks: Double 20(40) 10.00
Heat Sink Locations: 2 LT, 2 RT, 3 LA, 3 RA
Armor: Ferro-Fibrous AV - 201 10.50
Armor Locations: 1 CT, 3 LT, 3 RT

Internal Armor
Structure Factor
Head 3 9
Center Torso 21 30
Center Torso (rear) 8
L/R Torso 15 20
L/R Torso (rear) 7
L/R Arm 10 20
L/R Leg 15 30

2 Large Pulse Lasers RA 20 4 12.00
2 Large Pulse Lasers LA 20 4 12.00

BattleForce Statistics
MV S (+0) M (+2) L (+4) E (+6) Wt. Ov Armor: 7 Points: 23
4j 5 5 5 0 3 0 Structure: 4

For the second variant, I used my prime variant as the base and I replaced the LPLs and 4 DHS for the canon 4 UAC2s, 4 tons of ammo (vs 6 in the canon), and 4 ERMLs which the canon never had. I also moved the ammo to the arms to take advantage of Clan CASE technology. Otherwise everything else was left unchanged.

Code:
Rifleman IIC RFL-IIC 2 (Custom)

Cost: 12,367,725 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,847

Armament:
4 ER Medium Lasers
4 Ultra AC/2s

Heat Sink Locations: 1 LT, 1 RT, 2 LA, 2 RA
CASE Locations: LA, RA 0.00

Internal Armor
Structure Factor
Head 3 9
Center Torso 21 30
Center Torso (rear) 8
L/R Torso 15 20
L/R Torso (rear) 7
L/R Arm 10 20
L/R Leg 15 30

2 Ultra AC/2s RA 2 4 10.00
2 Ultra AC/2s LA 2 4 10.00
2 ER Medium Lasers RT 10 2 2.00
2 ER Medium Lasers LT 10 2 2.00
@Ultra AC/2 (90) RA - 2 2.00
@Ultra AC/2 (90) LA - 2 2.00

BattleForce Statistics
MV S (+0) M (+2) L (+4) E (+6) Wt. Ov Armor: 7 Points: 18
4j 4 4 1 0 3 0 Structure: 4
Special Abilities: CASE, SRCH, ES, SOA

For the third variant, I used the canon variant as the base (save for the engine changes) and removed the probe and one ton of armor to mount the 4th JJ and the aesthetic 22nd DHS. Shuffling the components around completes the mod.

Code:
Rifleman IIC RFL-IIC 3 (Custom)

Production Year: 3060
Cost: 12,185,875 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,729

Armament:
2 Heavy Large Lasers
2 Ultra AC/2s

Internal Locations: 1 HD, 2 CT, 2 LT, 2 RT
Heat Sinks: Double 22(44) 12.00
Heat Sink Locations: 4 LT, 4 RT, 2 LA, 2 RA
Armor: Standard Armor AV - 200 12.50

Internal Armor
Structure Factor
Head 3 9
Center Torso 21 30
Center Torso (rear) 7
L/R Torso 15 20
L/R Torso (rear) 7
L/R Arm 10 20
L/R Leg 15 30

Ultra AC/2 RA 1 2 5.00
Heavy Large Laser RA 18 3 4.00
Ultra AC/2 LA 1 2 5.00
Heavy Large Laser LA 18 3 4.00
@Ultra AC/2 (45) RA - 1 1.00
@Ultra AC/2 (45) LA - 1 1.00

BattleForce Statistics
MV S (+0) M (+2) L (+4) E (+6) Wt. Ov Armor: 7 Points: 17
4j 4 4 1 0 3 0 Structure: 4

For the fourth variant, again I used my prime variant as the base, swapping out two LPLs and the 6 DHS in the arms for the canon two ATM9s and double the ammo. No other changes were made. If desired, the ATMs and ammo can be easily swapped for 2 LRM20s with Artemis and 6t of Artemis ammo.

Code:
Rifleman IIC RFL-IIC 4 (Custom)

Production Year: 3055
Cost: 12,943,925 C-Bills
Battle Value: 2,395

Armament:
2 Large Pulse Lasers
2 ATM-9s

Heat Sink Locations: 2 LT, 2 RT

Internal Armor
Structure Factor
Head 3 9
Center Torso 21 30
Center Torso (rear) 8
L/R Torso 15 20
L/R Torso (rear) 7
L/R Arm 10 20
L/R Leg 15 30

Large Pulse Laser RA 10 2 6.00
ATM-9 RA 6 4 5.00
Large Pulse Laser LA 10 2 6.00
ATM-9 LA 6 4 5.00
@ATM-9 (14) RA - 2 2.00
@ATM-9 (HE) (14) RA - 2 2.00
@ATM-9 (HE) (14) LA - 2 2.00
@ATM-9 (14) LA - 2 2.00

BattleForce Statistics
MV S (+0) M (+2) L (+4) E (+6) Wt. Ov Armor: 7 Points: 24
4j 5 4 3 0 3 1 Structure: 4

For the fifth variant, I used my third variant as the base and exchanged the UACs, ammo, and heavy lasers for 4 ERLLs and 4 DHS. No other changes were made.

Code:
Rifleman IIC RFL-IIC 5 (Custom)

Cost: 12,157,475 C-Bills
Battle Value: 2,227

Armament:
4 ER Large Lasers

Internal Locations: 1 HD, 2 CT, 2 LT, 2 RT
Heat Sinks: Double 26(52) 16.00
Heat Sink Locations: 4 LT, 4 RT, 4 LA, 4 RA
Armor: Standard Armor AV - 200 12.50

Internal Armor
Structure Factor
Head 3 9
Center Torso 21 30
Center Torso (rear) 7
L/R Torso 15 20
L/R Torso (rear) 7
L/R Arm 10 20
L/R Leg 15 30

2 ER Large Lasers RA 24 2 8.00
2 ER Large Lasers LA 24 2 8.00

BattleForce Statistics
MV S (+0) M (+2) L (+4) E (+6) Wt. Ov Armor: 7 Points: 22
4j 4 4 4 0 3 0 Structure: 4

For the final variant, I used my prime variant as the base, and stripped out all the DHS and the weapons to have the canon HAG30s and 7t of ammo. The remaining ton went toward a pair of ERSLs in the torsos in case the HAGs are destroyed. No other changes were made.

Code:
Rifleman IIC RFL-IIC 6 (Custom)

Tech Rating/Era Availability: F/X-X-E
Production Year: 3070
Cost: 12,881,450 C-Bills
Battle Value: 2,535

Armament:
2 HAG-30s
2 ER Small Lasers

Heat Sinks: Double 10(20) 0.00

Internal Armor
Structure Factor
Head 3 9
Center Torso 21 30
Center Torso (rear) 8
L/R Torso 15 20
L/R Torso (rear) 7
L/R Arm 10 20
L/R Leg 15 30

HAG-30 RA 6 8 13.00
HAG-30 LA 6 8 13.00
ER Small Laser RT 2 1 0.50
ER Small Laser LT 2 1 0.50
@HAG-30 (12) RT - 3 3.00
@HAG-30 (12) LT - 3 3.00
@HAG-30 (4) CT - 1 1.00
Free Critical Slots: 4

BattleForce Statistics
MV S (+0) M (+2) L (+4) E (+6) Wt. Ov Armor: 7 Points: 25
4j 5 5 4 0 3 0 Structure: 4
Special Abilities: CASE, SRCH, ES, SOA, FLK 4/4/4

And that's it! Comments? Questions? Would love to talk with y'all about these.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 148 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 10803

Contact Admins Sarna.net