naval vehicals and heat

Pages: 1
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
10/10/10 09:41 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
For a long time I have thought about ships and heat build up. Since all naval ships must have contact with water at all times I have thought that there either heat sinks should act as double heat sinks since they can pump water into the ship to run through there heat sinks, or not require heat sinks at all because they can use the out side water to cool the equipment that creates the heat directly with out the need of heat sinks.

I am quite sure that for what ever reason my suggestion will be shot down, crash and burn.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Venom
10/10/10 03:18 PM

Seems reasonably plausable. The only thing i can see is that tonnage would have to be dedicated to pipes and pumps and and heat exchangers. By that time you essentialy have heatsinks minus the toxic coolant, which is a good thing.
CrayModerator
10/11/10 01:35 AM

All units have gained bonuses to heat dissipation in water since the 1980s. However, there's a limit - not every heat sink is doubled.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
10/11/10 08:35 AM

Quote:

All units have gained bonuses to heat dissipation in water since the 1980s. However, there's a limit - not every heat sink is doubled.

I don't think my rule book was quite that old and in it only mechs where aloud that advantage.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 52 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4844

Contact Admins Sarna.net