10/10/10 12:45 PM
So you want to be a mercenary? Like big robots shooting big robot guns at big robots? Then read on.
Battletech: Mercenaries is a new MUX, initially set on the planet Galatea. Players either join, or form their own, mercenary units, which hire their services out to the various factions, including the
Great Houses and other political entities. Success builds your unit's standing, fame and wealth; failure isn't an option.
MercsMux owes much to its many BTMU* predecessors, but also features multiple new systems that completely change the nature of online Battletech gameplay. Highlights include:
- Fully automated RealSpace mission system, featuring both PVE-
and PVP-style combat
- Flexible team creation system, which allows players to create their
own units, hire and fire pilots, and negotiate individualized
- Customizable 'Mechs and other combat units
- Dynamic character advancement system and economy, in which players
(individually) and units (collectively) progress along multiple
- Substantially expanded skill usage, which opens multiple character
generation options - want better mission payouts? Be prepared to
negotiate; salvage an enemy unit and want to use it yourself? Better
find someone who can decrypt the pass-codes; want to customize your
'Mech? Make sure your squad includes someone who can tinker with the
- Active story-arcs, in which player actions determine the outcomes and
impact the game's evolving timeline
We are currently seeking a limited number of play-testers for our closed Beta. Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org including the following information:
(1) your preferred in-game name (and any other names you have used on BTMU* in the past)
(2) your general experience level with BTMU*
(3) your experience, if any, as a play-tester
(4) your typical activity levels and expected availability over the next few weeks
(5) a brief description of why you would like to be picked for this Beta, and how you feel you can contribute.
Ideally, we would like participants of various experience levels, so do not hesitate to apply even if you are new to BTMU*. If you haven't played a BTMU* in awhile - we know who you are! - you should really check this one out. If you have never played a BTMU*, and this advertisement intrigues you, send us an
e-mail letting us know - we will be sure to keep you updated on our progress and notify you for our open Beta.
- The MercsMux Staff
11/10/10 12:04 AM
This beta has now been closed...
And the new one opened to everyone!