Albatross

Pages: 1
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
11/21/10 07:20 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
To continue to assist the militia forces of the Inner Sphere Assinine Industries has came up with some more lightly armed and armored but affective designs in the way of coastal patrol boats. The Sea Sparrow, Egg, and Albatross are not meant to be really used against front line units but for anti pirate and coastal patrol.

One thing that all three craft have in common is there inability to be sunk. The craft are meant to continue to float even if the hull is split in half. They are also meant to survive in the worst of seas. The craft are self correcting so if they are turned over they will correct them self’s with out the crew doing anything. The craft where tested in the worst seas available to Assinine Industries, and where able to survive being hit by a ten meter wave that would have swamped a ship a hundred times their size. The pilot was badly shaken up but no harm was done to the craft or the pilot.

Albatross

Cost 244,152 CBills

tech level IS L3
chassis Hydrofoil
vehicle weight 15t
engine 60 ICE 3t
cruse speed 11
Flank speed 17
Hydrofoil equipment 1.5t
control .75t
IS 1.5t

Armor 36p 2.25t

Front 2/14
FL/FR 2/8
Rear 2/5
Turret 2/1

Weapons
LRT 5 front 2t
LRT Ammo body (48) 2t
SRT 2 front 1t
SRT ammo body (15) .3t
Turreted MG .55t
MG Ammo Body (30) .15t

The Albatrosses mission profile would be patrol and fire support. It can handle most lightly armored and armed pirate craft by firing its LRT 5 pack at range where the pirate ship could not return accrete return fire. If the Albatross runs out of LRT ammo before the target is neutralized it has its SRT twin pack that it could fall back on.

Its armor was criticized for being to light but it was pointed out that it’s intended to be used as fire support and should not be to close to the target to draw accrete return fire.

Like the Sea Sparrow the Albatrosses weapon systems are modular all of the weapons can be swooped out in a matter of minutes.

To date there are no notable actions that the Albatross has been in to reported on but Assinine Industries is quite confident that there will be something to report in the years to come.

Variant:
Cost 417,000 CBills
Replace ICE 60 with a Fusion 60
Up grade weapons to lasers
IS ER Large laser front 5t
IS ER Medium laser front 1t
Machine gun turret .55t
MG Ammo (50) .25t

Thou there offered for sale there is only one known laser variant and the First Family owns it as a pleasure craft. It is unknown where Assinine Industries got their hands on a supply of ER Medium lasers considering that there not built in system and are quite rare out side the five great houses of the inner sphere. When asked where they got them by a reporter the reporter was told jokingly that they where found behind the empty manase jar in the refrigerator. Then the Assinine Industries representative quickly changed the subject.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Karagin
12/24/10 11:44 PM

I can see this one in the hands many small scale smuggling groups on water planets as well as militia units. Drop some into rebels and you have a nice vessel for them to play hit and run.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
12/16/16 03:29 AM

After being gone for a good part of a year I decided to be a royal pain in the donkey by bringing up my old posts from the morgue and set loss some old post zombies. *Evil braying!!!*

I will see you again in another year or so
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 268 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5970

Contact Admins Sarna.net