The Grand Tour Campaign

Pages: 1
BooHagen
02/15/11 01:30 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
My fellow BT player voidshape and I are dreaming of a sweeping tour of the Battletech universe, picking a key land engagement or two from each major war for tabletop recreation. Although I have immersed myself in the fictional world, being the 'historical fiction' fan that I am, and we are both experienced with the background provided in the MW PC games, we are still relatively new players and lack familiarization with any of the novels or most of the earlier sourcebook materials. This undertaking would aid us in learning more about the distinct ages.

Could the group submit some suggestions on specific battles from each war for us to review and setup? Pointing us to sourcebook-based material is acceptable in some cases, as long as we could try to find these on ebay. Outside of sourcebook references, full setup details of the battles are not necessary, as we can define those based on our own deeper research of the engagement.

Here are a list of the possible eras / campaigns we are considering.

Amaris Civil War
First Succession War
Second Succession War
Third Succession War
Fourth Succession War
Clan Invasion
Fedcom Civil War
Jihad

Order of battle is not important, as we will switch to Battleforce rules where scale deems it necessary, and have a variety of miniatures to choose from. Also, we would use paper if outside of our inventory.

Also, any other interesting campaigns to consider outside of the above list? We don't want to overlook colorful but less cited actions that might be just as fun to play.

Many thanks for your feedback!
Voidshape
02/16/11 11:56 AM

Man, no responses to this? I'm late coming in, but I expected some awesome recommendations. Can somebody give us a hand with this? I'm looking at this as a way to learn about the Battletech universe through experiencing the major battles, and i know there are guys out there that know all about these iconic battles...
New to the game... And little obsessed.
rider
02/16/11 05:00 PM

Just some initial thoughts...

Reunification war
Taurian Concordat War
Battle of Diefenbaker
Periphery Source book

During the end of 2nd Succession War or during 3rd
Battle for Hesperus II
3rd or 4th Battle
Coordinator Yamaguchi Kurita's invasion (most successful)
House Steiner Source book

Wolf's Dragoons invasion of Hesperus II during service to House Marik - 3rd Succession War
House Steiner, House Marik source book

Battle of St. Andre 4th Succession War
Cochraine's Goliaths vs Davion Light Guards
Battle Technology Magazine 0204 has a pretty good pre-built scenario, NAIS 4th Succession War atlas vol. 1, Warrior ENGARDE BTECH Novel
Despite House Davion's seemingly easy victory, 2 out of 3 times I played the scenario in Battletechnolygy magazine the light 'mechs of the Davion Guards were crushed.

There's a few more at the edge of my mind that I'll have to look back at my old books.

As you can see from my list I have little interest in the Clan era or beyond.
BooHagen
02/17/11 10:35 AM

Excellent thoughts Rider! Much appreciated!

I think I actually ahve BT0204 around here, picked up from an incomplete collection from ebay.
rider
02/17/11 11:56 AM

Some more historic battles I took a quick look at this morning in BTech history were the New Vandenberg Uprising.
Star League Source book

Of course the Battle of Terra - Unity Palace - with Gen. DeChevalier and Gen. Kerensky.
Star League Source book

The battle of Calloway VI, 1st Succession War - Barabara Liao's personal invasion of this Free Worlds League planet
House Liao, House Marik Source books

The Galtor Campaign is a good source for some fun battles. The booklet is geared more toward BattleForce, but I typically staged regular BattleTech battles based on the scenarios.
The Galtor Campaign BattleForce booklet

I'm sure others have their favorites, but these are some of mine. Some I've actually staged in my own campaigns or inspired the creation of new battles, others are just really cool reads.

Have fun.
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 108 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5572

Contact Admins Sarna.net