@Autocannon/5 (20) LT 1 0 1.0
Heat Sink(s) LL 1 0 0.0
Heat Sink(s) LL 1 0 0.0
Heat Sink(s) RL 1 0 0.0
Medium Laser LT 1 3 1.0
Medium Laser RT 1 3 1.0

JM6-B JagerMech

Overview:
The JM6-B is a long overdue re-work of the JM6-S JagerMech. The JM6-B is built around the JagerMech's strength, the Imperator-B autocannons and the Garret D2J targeting system. By reducing speed and removing the lighter Imperator-As, the 'mech gets an increase in what its predecessor lacked - armor. Its reduction in speed makes it more difficult for this 'mech to keep up with other heavies and even with 2 tons of ammunition, the 4 autocannons can burn thru that in a matter of minutes. With these limitations this 'Mech is better suited at dropship and facility security, a role in which the 'Mech had already become accustomed to. In this configuration and in support of those missions the long range fire support and anti-air defense are greatly enhanced.

BattleMech Technical Readout
RFL-4N Rifleman
Mass: 60 tons
Chassis: Standard
Power Plant: Pitban 240
Cruising Speed: 43.2 km/h
Maximum Speed: 64.8 km/h
Jump Jets: None
Jump Capacity: 0 m

Armor: Kallon Light Shield A
Armament:
2 Magna Large Lasers
2 Imperator A Autocannon

Manufacturer(s): Kallon Industries
Communications System: Garret T11-A
Targeting & Tracking System: Garret D2j

Type: RFL-4N Rifleman
Technology Base: Inner Sphere Level 1 Custom
Tonnage: 60

Equipment Mass
Internal Structure: 6.0
Engine: 240 11.5
Walking MP: 4
Running MP: 6
Jumping MP: 0
Heat Sinks: 16 6
Gyro: 3
Cockpit: 3

Armor Factor: 120 7.5

Internal Armor
Structure Value
Head 3 9
Center Torso 20 17 Center Torso (rear) 6
R/L Torso 14 12
R/L Torso (rear) 4
R/L Arm 10 12
R/L Leg 14 16

BV : 820 Cost : 4,585,600

Weapons and Ammo Location Critical Heat Mass
Large Laser RA 2 8 5.0
Autocannon/2 RA 1 1 6.0
Large Laser LA 2 8 5.0
Autocannon/2 LA 1 1 6.0
@Autocannon/2 (45) CT 1 0 1.0
Heat Sink(s) RL 1 0 0.0
Heat Sink(s) RL 1 0 0.0
Heat Sink(s) LL 1 0 0.0
Heat Sink(s) LL 1 0 0.0
Heat Sink(s) RT 1 0 0.0
Heat Sink(s) RT 1 0 0.0
Heat Sink(s) LT 1 0 0.0

RFL-4N Rifleman
Overview:
The RFL-4N Rifleman is a field-fix Kallon Industries offers to redress the overheating problems inherent in the 3N model. The 4N accomplishes this by downgrading Imperator Bs to A models and adding heat sinks with the freed up tonnage. This allows the Magna Large lasers to be fired without overheating while the 'Mech is stationary. Though the hitting power of the autocannons was reduced by more than half, the greater range and heat management may make this model appealing. The 4N variant can be modified in the field with parts from the factory or be built directly in this configuration.

Edited by rider (02/23/11 12:20 PM)
CrayModerator
02/23/11 10:49 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Straightforward and solid level-1 upgrades.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Drasnighta
02/25/11 12:27 PM

I have to agree with Cray here... They're nice, simple, streamlined upgrades.

Jagermech, Keeps the cost low, consolidates ammunition, increases battlefield endurance with more armour, and still provides you with a stand off plinker, with an Anti-Aircraft bent. Sure, its not quite as swift as it once was, but from a static air-defence position...

Rifleman - well, you're addressing half the problems right there... The Rifleman's firepower was always so far over the top for its heat endurance. Trading range for damage, well, there are some situations where that is a boon - then as someone closes to fight through the 'plink'age, well, thats when your twin Larges kick in.

::salute:: Sir, I applaud your inventiveness and ability to keep things reasonable.
CEO Heretic BattleMechs.
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
02/25/11 04:02 PM

My only problem with this upgraded JagerMech is the lack of ammo reserves. After ten shots you're just a target to even a light mech.

I would say just drop the two medium lasers on the JagerMech and put on two more tons of ammo. You would have enough ammo to survive as long as the battle does not last to long.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
rider
02/25/11 05:43 PM

I considered adding more ammo or increasing the armor on the Jagermech, but in the end I settled on backup armament. To my mind this is consistant with many of the 'Mechs in the origional 3025 Technical Readout. The more successful 'Mechs have a primary and secondary armament, that way if the thing does run out of ammo and is trying to get away (much more slowly with its 3, 5 movement rate) it can at least shoot something at the enemy.

Thanks for the feedback
CrayModerator
02/25/11 06:13 PM

Quote:

I considered adding more ammo or increasing the armor on the Jagermech, but in the end I settled on backup armament. To my mind this is consistant with many of the 'Mechs in the origional 3025 Technical Readout. The more successful 'Mechs have a primary and secondary armament, that way if the thing does run out of ammo and is trying to get away (much more slowly with its 3, 5 movement rate) it can at least shoot something at the enemy.

That reasoning works for me.

Most L1 designs only have 10-20 rounds for their main guns anyway. It'll just force the Jagermech pilots to be judicious with the shots they pick.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 126 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5173

Contact Admins Sarna.net