One old 'Mech revised, one new for the 3025 era

Pages: 1
rider
03/03/11 01:10 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I've read some of the forums that blast the AC/5 (pun intended) so I'm sure people will not applaud the 1st 'Mech's weapon array. However despite the low opinions of the weapon, it seemed to hold an important place in the BattleTech story and fit in with the origional design of this particular 'Mech.
The second 'Mech was inspired long ago by my purchase of Mechwarrior the RPG 1st Ed. which had a small blurb in its description of House Liao being unable to produce a 'Mech heavier than 60 tons.

BattleMech Technical Readout
BNC-7M Banshee
Mass: 95 tons
Chassis: Star League HO-01a
Power Plant: Pitban 285

Cruising Speed: 32.4 km/h
Maximum Speed: 54.0 km/h
Jump Jets: Rawlings 95
Jump Capacity: 90 m

Armor: StarGuard IV
Armament:
1 Imperator B Class 5 Autocannon
1 Imperator C Class 10 Autocannon
4 Holli SRM-4 Launchers
2 Martell Medium Lasers

Manufacturer(s): Star League Weapons Research
Communications System: Lockheed/CBM Comset 100
Targeting & Tracking System: RCA Instatrac Mark X

Type: BNC-3M Banshee
Technology Base: Inner Sphere Level 1 Custom
Tonnage: 95

Equipment Mass
Internal Structure: 9.5
Engine: 285 16.5
Walking MP: 3
Running MP: 5
Jumping MP: 3
Heat Sinks: 16 6
Gyro: 3
Cockpit: 3
Armor Factor: 256 16.0

Internal Armor
Structure Value
Head 3 9
Center Torso 30 38
Center Torso (rear) 13
R/L Torso 20 26
R/L Torso (rear) 9
R/L Arm 16 28
R/L Leg 20 35

BNC-3M Banshee Page 2
BV : 1367
Cost : 8,856,315

Weapons and Ammo
Location Critical Heat Mass
Jump Jet(s) CT 1 0 2.0
Jump Jet(s) RL 1 0 2.0
Jump Jet(s) LL 1 0 2.0
Autocannon/10 RT 7 3 12.0
Heat Sink(s) LL 1 0 1.0
Heat Sink(s) RL 1 0 1.0
Heat Sink(s) RA 1 0 1.0
Heat Sink(s) LA 1 0 1.0
Heat Sink(s) H 1 0 1.0
@Autocannon/10 (20) RT 2 0 2.0
SRM-4 LT 1 3 2.0
SRM-4 LT 1 3 2.0
SRM-4 RT 1 3 2.0
SRM-4 RT 1 3 2.0
@SRM-4 (25) RT 1 0 1.0
@SRM-4 (25) LT 1 0 1.0
Medium Laser LA 1 3 1.0
Medium Laser RA 1 3 1.0
Autocannon/5 LT 4 1 8.0
@Autocannon/5 (20) LT 1 0 1.0

Overview: The BNC-7M is a Marik variant that is quickly catching on in the Free Worlds League. Rather than limiting the ‘Mech to the single heavy autocannon that became a common field fix in Marik units, these changes were meant as a more permanent fix and enhance Marik assault units. Modeled after the new Steiner variant of this 'Mech, the engine is swapped out replacing the GM380 for a lighter Pitban 285. However to make up for the 'Mech's lack of speed, the Marik variant adds jump jets to increase maneuverability. Armor remains largely unchanged to the original. Its weapons array had cost and availability in mind which gives it less firepower than the Steiner model. The Imperator B class 5 autocannon is retained from the original, but in order to keep heat down (and cannibalize PPCs in the League), the Hellstar PPC is replaced with the Imperator C class 10 autocannon. Four Holli SRM4 launchers and 2 Martell medium lasers complete the 'Mech's weapon complement. Though weaker in long range firepower than its predecessor, the increase in weapons is considered well worth the trade.

BattleMech Technical Readout

CFD-1A Confederate
Mass: 60 tons
Chassis: Ceresplex IV
Power Plant: GM 180
Cruising Speed: 32.4 km/h
Maximum Speed: 54.0 km/h
Jump Jets: None
Jump Capacity: 0 m

Armor: Maximillian 100
Armament:
4 Kajuka Type II Medium Lasers
1 Kali Yama Type 10 Autocannon
1 Ceres Series 10 LRM Launcher

Manufacturer(s): Ceres Metals Industries
Communications System: Ceres Metals Model 666
Targeting & Tracking System: Dalban Urban

Type: CFD-1A Confederate
Technology Base: Inner Sphere Level 1 Custom
Tonnage: 60

Equipment Mass
Internal Structure: 6.0
Engine: 180 7.0
Walking MP: 3
Running MP: 5
Jumping MP: 0
Heat Sinks: 16 6
Gyro: 2
Cockpit: 3
Armor Factor: 192 12.0

Internal Armor
Structure Value
Head 3 9
Center Torso 20 30
Center Torso (rear) 9
R/L Torso 14 21
R/L Torso (rear) 7
R/L Arm 10 20
R/L Leg 14 24

BV : 996
Cost : 4,047,680

Weapons and Ammo Location Critical Heat Mass
Medium Laser LA 1 3 1.0
Medium Laser LT 1 3 1.0
Medium Laser LT 1 3 1.0
Medium Laser LT 1 3 1.0
LRM-10 CT 2 4 5.0
@LRM-10 (12) LT 1 0 1.0
2 Heat Sink(s) RL 2 0 2.0
2 Heat Sink(s) LL 2 0 2.0
4 Heat Sink(s) LT 4 0 4.0
Autocannon/10 RA 7 3 12.0
@Autocannon/10 (20) RA 2 0 2.0
Heat Sink(s) LA 1 0 1.0

CFD-1A Confederate
Overview: During the early years of the 31st century the Capellan Confederation realized that 'Mech production was in such an abysmal state that they soon would be unable to produce a 'Mech heavier than 60 tons. A number of technical and investment measures were undertaken to correct this, but before these improvements could take effect, Chancellor Liao instructed the largest heavy industry in the Confederation to come up with a temporary stop-gap measure. Thus was born the Confederate. The Confederate is an attempt to create an assault 'Mech that is only 60 tons. To achieve this the single greatest mass in the 'Mech was reduced, the engine. With a top speed of only 52 kph, this 'Mech is as slow as the 100 ton Atlas, but freed up 4.5 tons for weapons and armor. Reducing its speed any further it was thought would vastly reduce its mission capability and effectiveness. The Confederate puts the 4.5 extra tons to good use. With 12 tons of Maximillian 100 armor, this 'Mech has the maximum that its Ceresplex IV frame can handle giving it considerable staying power. All the weapon systems are inexpensive home produced models. For medium to short range fighting the 'Mech is outfitted with 4 Kajuka Type II medium lasers, but its greatest heavy hitting power comes from the Kali Yama Type 10 Autocannon. If these weapons hit on target they can shred thru almost 2 tons of armor in a single salvo. The Ceres LRM10 is a simple design providing the Confederate some modest long range fire power as well. The 'Mech does have problems with overheating, so sustained firing of its lasers and autocannon can get this 'Mech into trouble. Although its armor and weaponry allow it to stand up to 'Mechs 10-20 tons heavier, its lack of speed may prove to be a troublesome detriment because it will be unable to disengage once it has been worn down. Still, as a stop-gap measure the Confederate may serve a temporary need until fixes in Capellan 'Mech production can be implemented. Ceres Metals plans a limited production run of about 100 units from 3020-3025.

Edited by rider (03/04/11 09:42 AM)
Drasnighta
03/03/11 11:21 PM

The first one will need a new code and some fluff reworking... The BNC-3M already exists as a Banshee Variant. Ironically, its the Twin PPC variant.

The Variant itself is quite interesting. A Variant of the -S, that does the "Smart" thing with the Banshee (slows it down)... But I think it starts looking a little like a Mini-Atlas at that point. Although with the multiple SRM launchers, perhaps its better to cannibalise one for an LRM launcher, due to its speed reduction?

For the second

As a Stop-Gap CapCon measure... Well, I certainly see it working as it is... But perhaps even strip out the AC for a PPC? Costs less in Ammunition that way... Its hard for me to think like a Moneygrubbing Liao...

How much of a difference would they have made in the 4th Succession? Probably not a great deal. That was a Steamroller you couldn't run from - but they would have set things in a greater stead for things to come... An upgraded version of this would be packing.
CEO Heretic BattleMechs.
rider
03/04/11 09:54 AM

Thanks for the feedback. I'll have to find my old TR 3025 to remember all the number designations. As a guess I just changed the number in the model designation for now.
A bit of history on the Conferate. When I first bought TR 3025 when it was published I created my own "Mechs by tracing the pictures in the book, but with different heads and limbs. The Confederate had an Enforcer head, Thunderbolt legs and body, Centurion right arm, and somthing else for the left arm. That was the origional reason for putting the AC/10 in the right arm. I like the PPC armed version. It makes for a very good variant.
Thanks
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 65 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4328

Contact Admins Sarna.net