NeuroHelmets

Pages: 1
LAMdriver
04/24/11 02:12 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply

The return of pondering thoughs while at work at 1:00 AM.

The question that I was wondering about is if NeroHelmet technology has changed. The reading I have done in the novels say that N-Helmets and huge bulky things that cover the head, neck and shoulders.
I see the pictures from sourcebooks from the 1980's and 1990's and they look like the turn of the century brass diving helmets, sort of.

I was wondering if they have been refined to something the size of an current Apache's pilot's helmet or they still the same bulky beasts?
" The object of war is not to die for your country. It's to make some other bastard die for his!"--Patton

""War is Hell. Combat is a motherfucker."---General Tommy Franks
CrayModerator
04/24/11 11:19 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Quote:

I was wondering if they have been refined to something the size of an current Apache's pilot's helmet or they still the same bulky beasts?

They've always varied in size depending on the level of technology. The "diving helmet" was 3025-era kludging. At the same time, merc units like - IIRC - the 21st Centauri Lancers and others with ties to the Star League had lighter, more compact helmets. The helmets of the Clans are especially lightweight, more like motorcycle helmets. By the 3050s and 3060s, the Inner Sphere's products were shrinking, too, and getting quite innovative - see the scenario "Unbound" for the powerful "virtual reality piloting pod" (a monstrously big but capable neurohelmet).
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 85 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4556

Contact Admins Sarna.net