First "Real" Match in Ages!

Pages: 1
KamikazeJohnson
11/23/11 03:18 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
So I finally convinced a friend to learn BTech and go head-to head. We set up a single-map 2-on-2 fight with him piloting a Wolverine and an Atlas against my Thunderbolt (of course!) and Rifleman. I'd figured to skew the odds slightly in his favour to make up for his inexperience, but he learned quickly and I underestimated the power of the Atlas, so I quickly found myself in for a difficult fight.

The Atlas simply marched out into the middle of the map and parked in some Heavy Woods, daring my lighter 'Mechs to approach, while the Wolverine provided supporting fire (luckily for me he didn't know how to make good use of that 'Mech's mobility. With my Rifleman sniping from light Woods at the edge of the map, my T-Bolt headed for the center, trying to taunt the Atlas into wasting precious ammo. Unfortunately, it wasn't happening quickly enough, and the Atlas pilot's Gunnery skill (all Veteran pilots for a quicker game) gave some rather uncomfotable target numbers for the AC, so I sent the T-Bolt after the Wolverine in the corner instead, flushing the Medium out of cover.

With only one available target, The Atlas stepped from his Heavy Woods cover into shallow water, closing the range to the Rifleman enough to use close-range weaponry, but the move turned out to be a disastrous choice, as the Rifleman, it turns out, was piloted by a certain infamous JMInc. test pilot (I'm sure you all remember him!) Large Laser and 2 AC/5 shots all hit, with the Laser and one AC shell taking the 100-tonnner in the head.

The Wolverine immediately vacated the premesis.

Perhaps an undeserved victory, or perhaps just a hastening of the inevitable, but still a fun match. So nice to be able to play this awesome game again!
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
Karagin
11/23/11 02:04 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Awesome! Glad you had the chance to play...I need to get a game in myself. Been a while.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 86 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4425

Contact Admins Sarna.net