Just wanted to say I'm amazed...

Pages: 1
KamikazeJohnson
11/29/11 01:30 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I've been re-reading some old threads, and I have to say I'm constantly amazed at the collective technical knowledge brought to the table whenever a "real science" discussion gets going i.e how BT stuff works/should work/why it doesn't work. I guess this type of game tends to attract and keep tech-heads lol

It's a good thing though...bringing together speculative sci-fi with a bunch of imaginative and technologicallt knowledgeable people is a great recipe for progress. I once watched a tv documentary about real-world technology inspired by "Star Trek"...the ST writers waved their hands and invoked "advanced tech" to invent devices that made their storyline work neatly, but later some fan thought, "how would that really work?" And now we have things like cell phones.

"Assume the goal is achievable, and shoot for it. You may prove yourself right. Assume it is impossible, and you'll never know."
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
CrayModerator
11/30/11 08:11 AM

The tech discussions are fun. While BT has some glaring handwavium areas, it also does stick a bit closer to real world science than some scifi settings.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
KamikazeJohnson
11/30/11 03:52 PM

The science of the far future: Handwavian Physics.
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 104 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4693

Contact Admins Sarna.net