[IndustrialMech] V2-N Van

Pages: 1
Askhati
12/07/11 04:54 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
My first foray into the IndustrialMech area, using the rules from Total Warfare. Used TDB to generate a basic template, and then filled it in by hand with the correct rules.

The V2-N Van is a PoliceMech used to lead convoys and break up protest encampments, and is built upon lesson taken from distant Terra in the year 2011. Equipped with three machineguns and half a ton of ammunition for them, the Van can disperse almost any crowd with a hail of rubber bullets, and the guns in its left arm were intentionally designed with their barrels exiting from the palm of the hand for maximum psychological impact.
The Van's main aim is not crowd control though. As a convoy leader, it is tasked with clearing barricades and ensuring a clear path for the forces following behind it, and it is with this role in mind that its hatchet comes into play. Mounted in its right arm, the hatchet allows the Van pilot to smash down most obstacles it could encounter, and is backed up by two RL-10 launchers for heavier demolition work.
Designed by the relatively obscure - and secretive - Croup Security Solutions, the V2-N Van entered the private market shortly after the turn of the third millenia, and most of the 'Mechs had seen almost 50 years of heavy duty by the time of the Clans' invasion. The variants that fell into Clan hands were relegated to solhama units, where the disgrace of their low performance - by Clan standards - could be hidden from sight.
By the time of the formation of the Republic of the Sphere, the Van was seen as a safer and cheaper alternative to using BattleMechs for policing, and stayed on in general use throughout the Inner Sphere. With the fall of the HPG network, the Van was one of the first IndustrialMech designs to be used in combat, where its commercial armour package proved woefully inadequate against most military weapons. As a whole, its default weapon package was what made it attractive for these improvised roles, and it has since been upgraded - both officially and unofficially - to fulfill several more rugged roles by its various users. Several units have had their 120 IC Engines replaced by 150 Fusion Engines from battle-damaged Commando BattleMechs, with the reduction in engine weight used to bulk up the design's armour load.

Code:

V2-N Van

Chassis: Croup Industrial-30
Power Plant: Croup ICE 120
Cruising Speed: 43
Maximum Speed: 64.5
Jump Jets: none
Jump Capacity: none
Armor: Lexatal Commercial-5
Armament:
3 Machine Guns
2 RLauncher-10s
Manufacturer: Croup Security Solutions
Primary Factory: CONFIDENTIAL
Communications System: Croup SecuriLine 3
Targeting and Tracking System: CONFIDENTIAL

V2-N Van

Technology Base: - Inner Sphere - Level 2 (Utility Mech)
Equipment Mass
Internal Structure: IndustrialMech 6
Engine: 120 ICE 8
Walking MP: 4
Running MP: 6
Jumping MP: 0
Heat Sinks: 1 1
Gyro: 2
Cockpit: 3
Armor Factor: 105 Commercial 4.5

Internal Armor
Structure Value
Head 3 9
Center Torso 10 16
Center Torso(rear) 4
R/L Torso 7 11
R/L Torso(rear) 3
R/L Arm 5 10
R/L Leg 7 14

Weapons and Ammo Location Critical Tonnage
Ejection Seat H 1 0.5
Machine Gun LA 1 0.5
Machine Gun LA 1 0.5
Machine Gun Ammo (1/2 ton) LT 1 0.5
RLauncher-10 LT 1 0.5
RLauncher-10 RT 1 0.5
Hatchet RA 2 2
Machine Gun CT 1 0.5

Evolve or DIE!
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
12/07/11 09:44 AM

I think that you made a good case for someone to buy your mech. I think that in its limited roll that you outlined it would do quite well and be worth wile for a police force to spend its limited budget on. I think that it would also be a great SWOT platform.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Askhati
12/07/11 10:47 AM

Have a second variant of the Van in the works, will post soon. Am going for a V-series by Croup, with some designs meant to operate together.
Evolve or DIE!

Edited by Askhati_Sonix (12/07/11 10:50 AM)
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 97 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3692

Contact Admins Sarna.net