1 Light Gauss Rifle
2 ER Medium Lasers
1 Streak SRM-4
Manufacturer: Unknown
Primary Factory:
Communications System:
Targeting and Tracking System:

Overview:
I just thought a niche for the light Gauss rifle might be as a 1 for 1 replacement for
an AC10. The LGR has longer range, more shots per ton of ammo, and is far less explosvive
(ammo). However, the cons are that it has a minimum range and is more susceptible to
exploding. There is also something to be said for those extra two points of armor
penetration...

I was surprised to see that both endo and ferro could fit, so I added those techs and
followed up with across the board upgrades (ER, streak, Art4FCS) but kept sizes the same
(medium, 4, 15). I did move the SSRMs out to the arm though, per fluff and art, though
the TRO I say has it placed in the left torso.

================================================================================
Equipment Type Rating Mass
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internal Structure: Endo-Steel 114 points 4.00
Internal Locations: 1 CT, 2 LT, 2 RT, 3 LA, 4 RA, 1 LL, 1 RL
Engine: Fusion Engine 300 19.00
Walking MP: 4
Running MP: 6
Jumping MP: 0
Heat Sinks: Double Heat Sink 11(22) 1.00
Gyro: Standard 3.00
Cockpit: Standard 3.00
Actuators: L: SH+UA+LA R: SH+UA+LA
Armor: Ferro-Fibrous AV - 231 13.00
Armor Locations: 1 HD, 1 CT, 2 LT, 2 RT, 3 LA, 3 RA, 1 LL, 1 RL
CASE Locations: 1 LT, 1 RT 1.00

Internal Armor
Structure Factor
Head 3 9
Center Torso 23 36
Center Torso (rear) 10
L/R Torso 16 22
L/R Torso (rear) 10
L/R Arm 12 24
L/R Leg 16 32

================================================================================
Equipment Location Heat Critical Mass
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Light Gauss Rifle RT 1 5 12.00
LRM-15 LT 5 3 7.00
Artemis IV FCS LT - 1 1.00
ER Medium Laser RA 5 1 1.00
ER Medium Laser LA 5 1 1.00
Streak SRM-4 LA 3 1 3.00
@Light Gauss Rifle (32) RT - 2 2.00
@LRM-15 (Artemis) (24) LT - 3 3.00
@Streak SRM-4 (25) LA - 1 1.00
Free Critical Slots: 1

BattleForce Statistics
MV S (+0) M (+2) L (+4) E (+6) Wt. Ov Armor: 8 Points: 17
4 3 4 2 0 3 0 Structure: 6
Special Abilities: CASE, SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA, IF 1
CrayModerator
03/06/12 07:11 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
It's a nice upgrade. No XLs and the explody bits are well-protected.

I'm tempted to call it slightly oversinked, with 22 heat capacity and a maximum of 21 heat on the turns that the Streak is willing to fire (though the LRM is unlikely to overlap the others much.) Though about all I can think to do with the 11th heat sink is replace the FF armor with standard...
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
KitK
03/06/12 11:34 PM

Your right! It is over sinked in that regard. I totally spaced that out.

In answering the question, "What was I thinking?" I discovered that I was over-fixing a beef I have with the 1-K. Namely that it becomes pretty impotent if it takes an engine hit or if an opponent keeps it smoking with infernos. I suppose that describes a lot of Succession Era mechs, it's just the 1-K that has my ire. So, it was like "Here! you finally get a bloody extra heatsink, and it fits in the engine too!"

There's only 1 crit left so it won't help much to shave off a half ton of armor for an ECM, probe or AMS. A C3 slave or TAG would fit nicely. Another ER medium would probably be fine, or a small pulse for AI is probably the best route.

Thanks,

KK
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
03/07/12 08:40 AM

I agree with the adding the extra ER medium laser at the cost of the heat sink. Its quite unlikely that you would do a alpha strike.

At least you have plenty of ammo unlike a lot of mechs
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
KitK
03/07/12 09:36 AM

Quote:

At least you have plenty of ammo unlike a lot of mechs

Thanks,

3 months ago I would have considered 16 shots on the low end of adequate. Then I ran the Lava Dike scenerio for my Christmas Clash tournament, which in most cases exceeded 60 rounds with shots fired. So, I knew that to use the LGR as a main gun it needed more than 1 ton of ammo. I think 2 tons in the LRM would still be just adequate, but since it's going to work in tandum with the LGR a third ton just made sense.

KK
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
03/07/12 04:34 PM

I had never knew why people thought that one ton of ammo for a heavy weapon was good enough. I mean really when has a battle ended in 5 to 8 rounds? I agree that 16 shots is on the very low end of adequate for a secondary weapon. For a main weapon I wold say in the mid 20s would be on the low end of adequate. For example my redesigned Archer had 6 MRMs with 6 tons of ammo giving it 24 shots. If someone knew that there where 1440 missiles that had there name on them they would be going back to there tent to change their shorts.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 145 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4724

Contact Admins Sarna.net