Raven RVN-1 SH

Pages: 1
scheinlen
09/03/12 11:33 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Here is a Idea, Make the RVN-3X Raven X in to a fast, light, Calvary ,LRM harasser mech, that can tax the enemy with repeated attacks at long range and double as a scout mech..

RVN-1 SH

Swap out the weapons and some electronics for the following;

1x (Clan) LRM 5
Two tons of Swarm ammo
1x Artemis IV guidance
2x (Clan) ER Medium Lasers
1x (IS) Beagle Active Probe
1x (IS) Guardian ECM Suite
1x Extended Range Radar
Jump jets
It is not my job to judge my Enemies, that is there God's job. It is only my duty to arrange the meeting!
Karagin
09/03/12 12:01 PM

Noting that you like using mixed tech, can you explain this a bit more?
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
CrayModerator
09/03/12 03:35 PM

Quote:

Noting that you like using mixed tech, can you explain this a bit more?

I'd second the question. Clan tech makes everything better, but it rarely appears in Inner Sphere units. I've seen great stories justifying Clan tech on one or two retrofitted 'Mechs, but you couldn't make a whole series of mixed tech Ravens.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
scheinlen
09/04/12 12:11 AM

I was just tring to save some wait in the design. I want to make a mech that has a long range missile punch and still have a med range defence as needed. limited production. The Unit I run in the IS is a Kell hounds battalion, so they have W-I-E support, as well as their own support. I have only two Ravens so it would be a limited rebuild. The LRM 5 and er medium lasers (2) and the Electronic systems to keep most enemies at arms reach while bothering the enemy as a scout. Really would like to add a ER LL to the package some how...
It is not my job to judge my Enemies, that is there God's job. It is only my duty to arrange the meeting!
Raplet
09/04/12 03:19 AM

If you can afford the clan tech, you can afford to put it on a better mech than a 3025 Raven. It's like putting a clan Gauss Rifle on an Urbanmech. The mech lets down it's weaponry.

Combining a clan LRM-5 with Artemis is pointless (actually, not quite pointless. You'll do 1 point more damage)

And unless something has changed, I don't think swarm is compatible with Artemis.
scheinlen
09/05/12 11:34 PM

OK, but making the Raven in to a sniper type mech to pick at the enemy while scouting to me is a good thing.

so...

LRM 5 with Swarms
and what 3 ER ML
and a electronic war package (no tag)
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 101 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5195

Contact Admins Sarna.net