Battle Armor

Pages: 1
Black_Phoenix
09/30/01 08:48 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
For anyone out there that wants my personal designs for battle armor post a reply to this message telling what you wish to know about them, i.e. BTech rules, Mechwarrior 3 rules, BV, cost, etc. The design I have made are listed below along with a short discription. Please take note, these were made using unoffical rules and so are not recognized by FASA or WizKids as offical. All of these designs are Clan.

Scout- Biped, special sensors, uses infantry weapons (like Gray Death scout armor), jump capable.
Shiva- Basicaly an Elemental with out the SRM and with a stronger laser.
Salamander MkII.- (see post: LRM infantry) The only thing not listed about this one is the Mech 3 rules.
Aquanaught- Assault armor, moves underwater like the Undine.
Cerberus- Quad, has lots of equipment found in Lostech.
Dreadnought- Assault, ground based, slow, heavy armor and weapons.

If you wish for info on these designs post a reply asking for them by name and include the rules you want. If you wish for me to make you a Battle Armor of you specifications tell me and I will do my best, please include desired speed, armor, weapons, and any antipersonal weapons you wish to have.

*There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved by a suitable application of Diplomacy, Compromise, and High Explosives or Tactical Nuclear Strikes.*
History is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.
-Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz

Nightward
10/01/01 12:30 AM

All of the above. To avoid unneccessary time wastage on anyonbe elses' behalf, my e-mail is:

nightward@hotmail.com

I use MS Office 98 (I think).

"The man who opens his mouth in the presence of a woman does so only to change feet"
-Me.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Black_Phoenix
10/01/01 04:07 PM

I am sorry to have to make you wait but for some reason the file that has all the info on the battle armor designs wont work, so I have to start from scratch. I will start recreating the file but I will have to run the calculations again. I am going to try and complete the BTech rules, BV and cost first, then I'll send them to you as a Microsoft Word file (.txt, I believe), After that is done I will start on the Mechwarrior 3 files (these will take some time) and send those to you. Thanks in advance for you patience, I hope to have all of this done by tomorrow afternoon or evening.

*There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved by a suitable application of Diplomacy, Compromise, and High Explosives or Tactical Nuclear Strikes.*
History is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

NathanKell
10/01/01 04:37 PM

Just wondering, were you aware of David "MacAttack" McCulloch's Battle Armor Design Rules?

-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
Nightward
10/01/01 06:44 PM

Thanks.

"The man who opens his mouth in the presence of a woman does so only to change feet"
-Me.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Black_Phoenix
10/01/01 08:39 PM

I think I am using his rules. The website I got my rules from is http://freespace.virgin.net/david.mcculloch/ The site's name is The Technical Readout, it is currently under construction and so does not have the rules re-posted yet.

NathanKell
10/02/01 03:01 PM

Ah...from the way you had phrased your previous posts it had seemed that you had created your own set of rules...

Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
Black_Phoenix
10/02/01 04:03 PM

Nope. Not my rules. I guess I should have stated that. Oops. So anyway, these were rules I found while searching the net. They are good rules and I'm glad I was able to find them. I don't have the creative talent, let alone the time, to create my own rules.

NathanKell
10/02/01 08:49 PM

Nah, I was just confused. And the suits you created certainly give lie to the statement that you "don't have the creative talent" :D

Thomas Jefferson
Black_Phoenix
10/03/01 07:12 AM

I have the creative talent to make the b.a. but not to make the rules for construction, with out having a starting point. If I were give a base set of rules I could possibly make the rest of the rules, the just wouldn't look that great.

Black_Phoenix
10/05/01 11:36 AM

I might be able to create that design using the rules I have but the PPC would only do 1 point of damage, if I remember right. If I used the rules I have I could get you the cost, BV, and the BTech and Mechwarrior 3 rules. If you want me to do so let me know.

That is a nice design for the Battle Armor. Hope it works well for you.

NathanKell
10/05/01 06:05 PM

BP: I'd be interested in the Shiva config...

My own:
Name: Grunt
Tech: Clan 3060

1W/3J MP
8pts Basic Stealth Armor ( 0/ 1/ 2)
No claw (2 hands)

1 Micro Pulse Laser and either SRM-OS (3x3) or LRM-OS (?x2, maybe 5x2, as I, err, disagree with the above rules' weights for those tubes) or a mix, depending on the situation.

(Made with David McCulloch's rules)

Just an upgrade to the standard suit, the only suit I find worthwhile in anything other than *very* specific circumstances.
Thomas Jefferson
Black_Phoenix
10/06/01 09:46 AM

Shiva
-Jumping MP: 3
-7 pts of armor plus representing the trooper
-Weapon: ER Small Laser
-To-hit modifiers: Short; 0, Medium; +1, Long; +2. Cannot be located by Active Probes
-May make swarm and leg attacks
-May ride as Mechanized Battle Armor
-BV: 230 **
-Cost: 2,185,750 c-bills **

**BV and cost are per point (5 suits).

Enjoy.

Black_Phoenix
10/06/01 04:03 PM

What do you mean by SRM 3x3 and LRM 5x2. Are these numbers the launcher size and the no. of launchers, respectively? Please let me know.

NathanKell
10/07/01 11:53 AM

Sorry for the delay, my connection was down.
Anyway, its the number of launchers x size.
And again, there's problems with the LRMs.

Thomas Jefferson
Black_Phoenix
10/08/01 05:33 PM

What other battle armor designs have you made? Just so you don't inconvenience anyone else just send them to my e-mail, listed in my profile. Thanks.

Black_Phoenix
09/14/02 12:29 PM

I used a set of rules created by MacAttack (I forget what his name is right now). Normally I would tell you where to find them, but there are two problems. 1) The site is down, with no plans to be started again. 2) The rules are not even on the site anymore, they (or something close) will be in the new FM: Mercenaries that is coming out (or so I hear).

I would send you the rules, but they are in a rather large .pdf file and I do not have any programs that can compress it into a .zip file. Sorry. Ask around the board, see if anyone else can help.

Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 75 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5623

Contact Admins Sarna.net